Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mad Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Anyone think Co op will be added to this at some stage? Or is that just my pipe dream??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

co-op would be great in that, taking down convoys would be a lot easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Has anyone encountered one of the viewpoint/balloon things where it's up when you get there and you can't bring it down? just come across one and I don't know if you have to have certain progress or something for it to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Ant695 wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered one of the viewpoint/balloon things where it's up when you get there and you can't bring it down? just come across one and I don't know if you have to have certain progress or something for it to be available.
    There was one in Jeets area I had to press a lever on the level below before I could use it.

Yeah my opus isn't at a level just yet where I can go up against convoys. But it's very close. How are y'all magnums looking?

I'm still refusing to put spikes on mine and maybe taking off the hideous crash bars. I want sexy

• Advertisement

Yeah you should find a fuel can, fill up the generator nearby and then activate the switch on a control panel. Took me an age to figure out.

Yeah i dont like the boarder spikes either, plus when ye've got a harpoon, ye can just mobydick the fcukers from a reasonable distance, that or slam on the brakes and watch them fly :D weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shougeki wrote: »
    There was one in Jeets area I had to press a lever on the level below before I could use it.
    Yeah you should find a fuel can, fill up the generator nearby and then activate the switch on a control panel. Took me an age to figure out.

Thanks guys that sounds like the problem there was a fuel can and a lever type thing with cables running from balloon to it but when I stood beside it no prompt to interact. Probably because I wasn't holding a fuel can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Probably because I wasn't holding a fuel can.

more fuel you! :D

>Fuel goes into the balloon. You need to be at a certain side of the switch to work.

Incorrect. I came upon an area where I had to climb a stairs with a Fuel can to put it in the generator for the winch switch. Seems both the genny and the balloon use seperate fuel :P

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    more fuel you! :D

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got mah V8! :D

Does anyone know what the stockpiles in the strongholds do? Just make it prett?

Also, what is peoples preferred upgrade path? I just found out you can "Track on map" the upgrades by clicking on those bad boys in the stronghold. I am just starting the second area, so I am wondering should I do the survey or cleanup crew. [I can always leg it back to Jeets if i need to top everything off. Load time is about 20 seconds so a min out of the way if I need ammo, health or water]

I'm thinking I'll box off one or both of those before I start lowering the threat...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cleanup Crew for sure, much handier to be able to plough through things and not have to worry about stopping for scrap. Then I'd go the ammo/water/petrol/maggots in that order.

I do have about 11K scrap atm though :P Half the time I cba stopping for 10scrap :D

My Magnum Opus is coming together a bit.

Notice no Barrier spikes....

heh, mine's pink and blue, same chassis though :)

My Magnum Opus is coming together a bit.

Notice no Barrier spikes....

Haha. I don't get the obsession about no spikes like this is a world where its about survival and performance not gta v where looks are everything. Only reason I have no spikes yet is to get the challenge for throwing people off without a weapon. Spikes mean they cant jump on so I cant throw them off.

Haha. I don't get the obsession about no spikes like this is a world where its about survival and performance not gta v where looks are everything. Only reason I have no spikes yet is to get the challenge for throwing people off without a weapon. Spikes mean they cant jump on so I cant throw them off.

Yeah but if im going to play this game for 40 + hours i want to enjoy how my car looks, if i put spikes on, the look would annoy me and i would get sick of playing it beacuse the damn thing is ugly as hell!

If i was Max Rockatansky, I wouldn't want them. So I dont have em!

Anyone any other screen shots?

Had to beat Pig N Sticker for the Camo paint. It wasnt easy seen as how i still have huge upgrades to do to Max himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm trying to stay away from anything that upgrades/benefits ammo/water/fighting/driving as i want to have the feeling that every bullet find and water hole find is a goldmine and so it's to not too easy to run everything through.

As it is, harpooning people out of vechs is a bit OP.

Oh you want to fight? Harpoon
    Smash into me? Harpoon
    You're on patrol? Harpoon

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    As it is, harpooning people out of vechs is a bit OP.

Makes me wish I could use one on the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Well worth the money, great Zombie game....https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/contagion_storefront

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Max fights zombies now?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Well worth the money, great Zombie game....https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/contagion_storefront

Sorry put in wrong thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

But it's very close. How are y'all magnums looking?

Got my V8 today!

SjV2aja.jpg

I just got that exhaust you have on there, it's deadly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, just finished it. 41 hours, and i have everything done bar 4 parts where i just cannot find the last bit of scrap (including one which i'm 100% that i can't get because the room that i'm sure it's in is locked with no way of opening it, only opened as part of a mission!!!). Word to the wise, don't upgrade the "Scrap Collection" in each stronghold until you've everything else done. I'm pretty sure without the Muthaloot from the storms i would not have had enough for the final V8.

Anyway, overall, a very enjoyable game. It's not fantastic, but it's got enough fun in it to make me keep coming back. Replayability will not be good for me, but i'm not one for replaying games until years afterwards anyway. The story was enjoyable also, typical Mad Max fare, but a nice few nods to the films and a game or two. Was a bit disappointed with the end battle,
    could have been fleshed out a bit more, and the final "convoy" run was over too quick, but that could be because i was Max everything).

Anyway, a screenshot of what the Opus looked like when i finished:

361920.jpg

And a screenshot of what i would personally want the Opus to look like if it had the same defence as a fully upgraded Opus (note, i like the spikes, bars and bumper, if i saw that coming, i'd quickly hightail it out of there):

361921.jpg

Only thing I'd change so far about this game is the bomb disposals. Having to get in and out of the buggy to see what way the dog is looking gets very tedious. Personally I think it'd be better if you get out of the buggy and follow dog around to find and defuse the mines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Been playing this game for around 12 hours now and i've only just learned i can make Max jump. :pac:

• Advertisement

Been playing this game for around 12 hours now and i've only just learned i can make Max jump. :pac:

Max can jump?

Advertisement