Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus Points 2013/2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

It took me 5 minutes to realize this was not about the leaving cert

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It took me 5 minutes to realize this was not about the leaving cert

:o

If I could my leaving cert again I'd write an essay on how FPL has ruined my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    I've done some analysis of the BP's from GW1 so far

Goalkeepers - 6 pts
    Defenders - 29 pts
    Midfielders - 15 pts
    Forwards - 17 pts

Interesting stuff I think and shows that perhaps the cheapo defence may not be the best option this year. Also from the defenders, only 2 of those that got BPs - Shaw and Coleman with 3 BPs each contributed goals/assists.

Early days but it is interesting, and it seems that we dont need to wait for 0-0 draws or goals/assists like we did last season for BP's to go to defenders

Updated after tonights game

Goalkeepers - 6 pts
    Defenders - 33 pts
    Midfielders - 20 pts
    Forwards - 17 pts

Forward (Augero) gets a goal and an assist and gets no BP's. 1 defender (Lescott) gets no goals or assists in a big 4-0 victory and comes joint second in the BPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

KevIRL wrote: »
    Forward (Augero) gets a goal and an assist and gets no BP's. 1 defender (Lescott) gets no goals or assists in a big 4-0 victory and comes joint second in the BPS.

Baffling system. I watched the whole game and fail to see what lescott did to deserve BPs! He probably had a lot of successful passes when the nearest newcaslte player was 40 yards away :)

Anyway we have to live with it. May have to look at getting defenders from big clubs in...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

These bonus points are an absolute farce. What a joke to give Lescott 2 and Aguero 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

It's a real game changer, i had the cheapo defence lined up and now i don't know what to do. Baps for terry, zab, lescott, cole, cahill, dawson, vertonghen all in relatively handy wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think my favoured formation this season will be 4-3-3. Certainly shakes things up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

kennyb3 wrote: »
    It's a real game changer, i had the cheapo defence lined up and now i don't know what to do. Baps for terry, zab, lescott, cole, cahill, dawson, vertonghen all in relatively handy wins.

Wildcard gw3. Everything is pointing to it. Need to react to this massive change in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

aguero set for 3 now yaya 2 zab , lescott, silva1

aguero set for 3 now yaya 2 zab , lescott, silva1

Yep Augero assist given and it changed it all completely

New update after tonights game

Goalkeepers - 6 pts
    Defenders - 31 pts
    Midfielders - 18 pts
    Forwards - 20 pts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

THFC wrote: »
    I think my favoured formation this season will be 4-3-3. Certainly shakes things up.
    Im thinking the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Have you a split of the bonus points between games where there was a clean sheet and games where there wasn't?

In other words, what's the difference in the distribution of bonus points between games where a team keeps a clean sheet and games where they don't?

Lot of clean sheets this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

THFC wrote: »
    Im thinking the exact same.

Leaning that way myself.
    Looking like an earlier than expected wc - :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

bo-sco wrote: »
    Have you a split of the bonus points between games where there was a clean sheet and games where there wasn't?

In other words, what's the difference in the distribution of bonus points between games where a team keeps a clean sheet and games where they don't?

Good post. So can we conclude the CS is the crucial factor in BP for def?

What is the reason Ivan didn't get BP wheras cole and terry did? I suppose there is no way of predicting which defender from a given club will get BP's in a CS game...

bo-sco wrote: »

Its pretty easy to split it yourself you know :rolleyes:

But sure anyway

Defender BPs

Games with clean sheet and no goal/assist - 22
    Games with clean sheet but with goal/assist - 4
    Games with no clean sheet and no goal/assist - 1
    Games with no clean sheet but with goal/assist - 4

So yes clean sheets are important. However the big change from last year is that last year when a game finished 1-0, 2-0 a defender would be lucky to get any BPs unless they goaled/assisted. This year however they are scoring very heavy in these games even if they havent scored or get an assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The average goals per game in the premiership last season was the highest it has been for a long time. There were a lot of clean sheets this week, but it won't continue at this rate for the season. 1 gameweek is too small a sample.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

This seems to be a serious problem. Bonus points at present for Chelsea defenders who have no clean sheet and not much contribution to the game other than knocking it about between themselves.

I've no problem with them making the system a bit more even across the pitch but this seems silly, impossible to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The new system is a pile of poo

Advertisement