Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm ignoring text command

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    Indeed, so what is our advice? I think it might be time for a techy to check it, what do you think?

My advice would be to buy a 12V 7 Amp replacement battery.
    If the GSM-M is showing a low battery fault as well, I would buy 2.
    Down power both units then power back up and test.
    No harm in trying.

If it does not work then call an engineer to see what the issue is.
    Being that he has the low battery on the control panel it could be this that is causing the issue.

What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

when u say power down both units, what do you mean? the only thing I did was 1) turn off all electricity at mains 2) opened the box in hot press and disconnected the battery.

what makes you believe I have a battery gone in the main control panel at the front door? there are no faults displaying.

inabina wrote: »
    when u say power down both units, what do you mean? the only thing I did was 1) turn off all electricity at mains 2) opened the box in hot press and disconnected the battery.

what makes you believe I have a battery gone in the main control panel at the front door? there are no faults displaying.

Hotpress explains the 18 Months so. It can lessen the life expectancy of the back up battery.

When you turned off the mains and removed the battery in the GSM-M the outside bell should not of went off as the back up battery in the main control panel keeps the system going in this event. The back up battery in the bell kicks in also which makes it ring in a full power failure.

right so I need a new battery for the control panel at the front door and for the gsm-m unit in the hotpress. the battery in the gsm-m is a beast of a yoke. what sort of battery is in the control panel?

right so I need a new battery for the control panel at the front door and for the gsm-m unit in the hotpress. the battery in the gsm-m is a beast of a yoke. what sort of battery is in the control panel?

Haha :D

At your front door you have a keypad, is the main control panel located there too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

When you say the control panel at the front door, is that your keypad ie the unit you operate the system from?

yes, excuse my ignorance here. I assumed control panel was the key pad. So the control panel then is inside the GSM-M box. there is only one battery in there. when I disconnected that beast of a battery inside that box, the outside siren went off. so I only have one battery that I can see here. is there some other battery I need to try disconnecting associated with the SIM card that I cannot see?

yes, excuse my ignorance here. I assumed control panel was the key pad. So the control panel then is inside the GSM-M box. there is only one battery in there. when I disconnected that beast of a battery inside that box, the outside siren went off. so I only have one battery that I can see here. is there some other battery I need to try disconnecting associated with the SIM card that I cannot see?

Any chance of posting a picture of the inside of this panel. From what you have described you are opening the GSM. Is there another panel of the same size located anywhere else?

hi Guys
    Attached are some pics. You will see the red sim card in one of them. I assume the control panel and GSM are all in one box. is that normal? I still only see one battery. when I disconnect that large battery, the external siren goes off (when mains is off).

system still sends me texts when the alarm sounds. ignores my texts.

hi Guys
    Attached are some pics. You will see the red sim card in one of them. I assume the control panel and GSM are all in one box. is that normal? I still only see one battery. when I disconnect that large battery, the external siren goes off (when mains is off).

system still sends me texts when the alarm sounds. ignores my texts.

Inabina thank you so much for those pictures, it certainly has cleared up a lot of confusion. As professional installers none of us would dream to fit a GSM the way this one has been.
    Also your control panel is after been fitted side ways, you are lucky that the battery did not fall out on you while you were removing the cover.

I know as well that the manufacturers HKC, would not recommend fitting a GSM unit that way. This is the reason that these GSM units come within their own housings. The fact that the panel is in a hot press goes against electrical guide lines anyway but I can only imagine the heat within that both with the control panel and the GSM unit
    I would suggest it is time that you got a professional in to sort that mess out.

• Advertisement

thanks for that. How do I go about finding someone that wont cost the earth?

thanks for that. How do I go about finding someone that wont cost the earth?

Basically I reckon you need a guy to have a look at this system, then discuss with you the works that might be necessary and obviously the costs for same.
    There are probably hundreds of control panels in hot presses up and down this land of ours, if memory serves me correctly it was only approx 3/4 years ago (open to correction) that this guideline was introduced.
    Therefore it might be at your own discretion whether to leave it there or not. Most certainly and ideally that GSM should not be within that control panel.
    Just one thing you might check please, that is the GSM antenna, has it come off its mounting? It is easy enough to screw back on and you would never know that might be the problem.
    If you need an installer just ensure the company you choose has a PSA licence, the sticky above has a list anyway.

OMG is all I can say, I have honestly never come across an install like that. Thank God he has given up installing alarms. That is a total disgrace :eek:
    I would defo be getting another installer in to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Sorry for the bump of an old thread,I seem to have the opposite problem,i can text alarm to set and unset but i don't get a reply from the system,it was working fine up to recently,the only thing i can think that upset it was when i tripped the downstairs lighting breaker which seems to power the alarm to install new lights in kitchen but it even text after that saying mains ok after i reset breaker..its a gsm-p on a hkc 812 panel,it has a meteor sim and there is credit in it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you 100% sure on the credit?
    Has it been topped up in the last 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure on the credit?
    Has it been topped up in the last 6 months?

legend thanks, i had over 7 euro credit but didn't realise that you must top up on the sim after 6 months, its only installed just over 6 months so I presume it just needed top up I put in this morning, seems a bit silly that you have to top up even when the sim is active and being used and has credit!!! Thanks again

Advertisement