Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karl Pilkington: The Moaning Of Life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

A Karl Pilkington show with no Davis or Merchant = good news :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Bit tired of him by now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Smerch always brought out the best/worst in Karl (particularly on the XFM shows). He would have been a far better travelling companion for Karl than Warwick, they never really had any chemistry together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fair enough about Davis, but Merchant is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Going forward...

KP, Steve and Ricky. That's what works. No need for such convoluted shows for Sky1 or anything, stick them in a room and let them talk. Xfm and the podcasts brought the best out of Karl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I think he does very well even without the presence of Steve and Ricky. This was great:

Not long to go - starts Sunday October 20th at 9pm on Sky One

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Did anybody else see this last night ?

I thought it was good. Loved the bit with the Indian family. Not interested in Karl at all until he mentioned he owns a 5 bedroom house. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah I saw and really enjoyed it. When I was first introduced to Karl I wasn't sure about him but now I love him to bits and almost a man after my own heart.

Sitting in the detective's car watching your man smoking :pac:

I liked it a lot.

I was a bit concerned that it might a series too far - but Karl keeps on delivering! They lose a bit from not having a 'foil' for Karl (like Ricky) to wind him up, but on the other hand that just mean lots more Karl.

It was almost like an informative travelogue documentary in parts (like where he was being interviewed by his would-be Indian In-Laws)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought the wedding in the laundromat was genius. At first, I was like that's ridiculous even for Karl, but then when they actually did it, I thought it was really sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Very enjoyable. I preferred it to an Idiot Abroad. Karl was funnier and more comfortable on screen, probably because he hadnt the pressure of having to please Ricky. :p Looking forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Karl adding some crumpet to the hip-hop vocabulary...genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

What a great dancer!

Nice to see Karl so happy at the end ... Ricky would have cancelled his Hotel Room and made him sleep rough (but it wouldn't have added anything to the programme).

Really enjoyed this week's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I loved that brief 20 seconds at the pheromone place where he was chatting to the girl about koalas and wombats and they sounded like soulmates and then a hotter girl interupted and that was the end of it. The cameras caught the moment brilliantly.

I'm really enjoying this, KP really has some slick dance moves! It's nice to actually see him laughing and smiling and not suffering from whatever puppet master Ricky has up his sleeve.

Can't believe he actually went through with some of the cosmetic procedures, even with his explanation :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

The hip hop dancing was very funny. The man is a legend.

You can enjoy life without having to wear a cock on your head!

• Advertisement

That 'child' actor with the flat cap also sings with the band AC/DC under the alias Brian Johnson!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I think that was the funniest one yet "you never see kids with a pan stuck to their heads anymore"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoying this series. Been a Pilkington fan since day 1, so would like to see it renewed for another series.

Karl spot-on there about the Lotto...3 people to draw 6 balls - mental!!

He's so hot right now :D

Karl seemed to like that modelling a bit too much. I hope he hasn't changed.

The final episode of the series has been postponed

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/karl-pilkington/article/update
    The final episode of The Moaning Of Life, due to air this Sunday, concerns in part how people from the Philippines deal with the subject of death.

In light of the recent events we felt that it would be inappropriate to transmit the show at this time. In its place, we will be giving you another chance to see the first episode of the series.

Unfortunate timing, probably a sensible decision.

Skid X wrote: »
    The final episode of the series has been postponed

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/karl-pilkington/article/update

Unfortunate timing, probably a sensible decision.

That's a pity alright but for once I think I'd agree about pulling something which is so sensitive. All the same I'd like my fix of Karl.

The right thing to do given the circumstances. According to the Sky planner, they are showing episode 1 again (marriage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Him releasing the turtle was so sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Last week's episode on Careers was Karl Pilkington at his finest. I loved that episode.

This is a great series, no annoying interfering from Gervais and Merchant.

i think Karls approach to life is fantastic.

Advertisement