Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not havin' it !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

pete4130 wrote: »
    N I'd LOVE to jump the fence on the sly one night and creep up thought the rainforest (hopefully not get die from snake bite in there...which is not uncommon) and set up a long exposure shot of the MASSIVE site I'm working on. They have a bus service from one end of the site to the other.....it's that big. Getting caught is sackable, criminal offence, massive fines, visa revoked...so its a big decision to make..

don't do it ....

certainly not for the money ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Do it. I'll keep sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'll do it in the next 2 weeks. This company sucks anyway. I'm offered douhle what I'm on now to go elsewhere.

My biggest fear when doing it is actually being bitten by a snake (I'm in tropical Queensland) at night and ending up dead in the forest and nobody has a clue where I am (humberklog...I'm gonna PM you when I jump the fence...) if you don't hear from me in 2-3 hours...I'm in trouble...I'm serious!). I've only my 50mm on me here. I need my 24-70 or maybe 14-24...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

the_monkey wrote: »

Haven't even started the thread yet but he get's a thanks just for the thread title alone...

Uh-oh Daire Quinlan is the 2nd post :eek:

Unless you're paid for it then you are not a photographer. In fact plenty of professionals use their smart phones.

Not for moving images or moving music artists or for night shots...

continues reading thread

• Advertisement

Corkbah wrote: »
    know a professional who has had images printed on the Irish Times and Irish Daily Star taken from a mobile phone (a few years ago)

They are a tiny minority and of a certain subject under certain conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

They are a tiny minority and of a certain subject under certain conditions.

I agree - but its more of a time/place scenario ... smartphones allow us to capture an image at any time as the camera is kept on a person most of the time - if that image is the only image available mainstream media will no doubt use it.

I'm sure she could have gotten images using a DSLR - but might have missed the moment as it would have required going home or to the car/office.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a lot of the inertia against technology like this simply comes from people who don't like to think that their €7,000 investment in L lenses may be threatened by some lateral thinking on lens technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

a lot of the inertia against technology like this simply comes from people who don't like to think that their €7,000 investment in L lenses may be threatened by some lateral thinking on lens technology.

or the inevitable realisation that a smartphone can take a decent photo when operated correctly (in decent light without flash), and while not making DSLR's redundant, news photographers will purchase their phone based off camera specs....like every advance, some people embrace, others fear - some might poke/have a go/dip their toe .... it might not be for all people but for the masses it appears to be the way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

pete4130 wrote: »
    I'll do it in the next 2 weeks. This company sucks anyway. I'm offered douhle what I'm on now to go elsewhere.

My biggest fear when doing it is actually being bitten by a snake (I'm in tropical Queensland) at night and ending up dead in the forest and nobody has a clue where I am (humberklog...I'm gonna PM you when I jump the fence...) if you don't hear from me in 2-3 hours...I'm in trouble...I'm serious!). I've only my 50mm on me here. I need my 24-70 or maybe 14-24...

Get a pic of a snake !!!! :D

ehhh .. I hope you made it ...
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'm flying home for the weekend this weekend so if I decide to come back I'll bring my 24-70 and try jump the fence.

Advertisement