Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh sligo she did show me on chart and all i just didnt take in the measurments . Im just useless at remembering. Im wrecking my brain trying to remember now but not coming. Hes in a different percentile for head, lenght and weight. He's fine was all i took in.

Im forever comparing them too. I keep thinking im going to overfeed L as A was such a struggle with bottles. Also L not rolling yet A was at this age. He's not sleeping the night she was etc etc. I think boys though are a little slower/lazier than girls. Well mine is anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The two of them are chalk and cheese for me too. Baby one, slept by now, was smaller, no reflux, didn't roll. This one not much in the way of long sleep, bigger, rolls! This one is also way chattier! Mad to make noises, all Aah Ah Ah, ee, ee, all day long. Think I have a chatterbox on my hands.

Been for our fourth hip consult today. They keep checking her hips and come out inconclusive, and refer to someone else. I don't think there is anything wrong with her, but keep going along with them anyway.

Work called to arrange my back to work dates. 9 weeks left only. Has time sped up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Omg! Lilly slept from 9pm till just after 6am this morning! I'm shocked! I had to go down and check her at 6am as i started getting worried! Then I think I woke her. We put her into her own room 2 nights ago and it's working a treat! I hope this continues.... Time it's a bit to good to be true tho tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

o Oh Sligo, lucky you :-) Its great that it works so well hopefully it stays like that :-)

I am wrecked today. LO woke me up last night twice and one screaming the house down just to drink maybe 30 ml. I went to bed late cause I watched the match last night ( yay Germany won :-D ) but OH doesnt like football so he went up to bed with LO. And then this.
    I found out now why he always sleeps on my arm during the day, because he want to sleep on his side. So I put him down on the side and he sleeps all on his own, only thing is me worried because everybody is saying they have to sleep on their backs.

Suucee, I dont even know what the percentile is. I know was his weight and height was but thats about it.

Siipina wrote: »
    o Oh Sligo, lucky you :-) Its great that it works so well hopefully it stays like that :-)

I am wrecked today. LO woke me up last night twice and one screaming the house down just to drink maybe 30 ml. I went to bed late cause I watched the match last night ( yay Germany won :-D ) but OH doesnt like football so he went up to bed with LO. And then this.
    I found out now why he always sleeps on my arm during the day, because he want to sleep on his side. So I put him down on the side and he sleeps all on his own, only thing is me worried because everybody is saying they have to sleep on their backs.

Suucee, I dont even know what the percentile is. I know was his weight and height was but thats about it.

Siipina Lilly has been sleeping on her side since she was born (dont tell anyone!!! Lol). I was too scared to let Tom sleep on his side. And Lilly is a different baby altogether for it! They are so much more comfortable. But I do know sleeping on their backs is lower risk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Sorry to pop in.. Lucy is a belly sleeper its her secret to sleeping all night.. Its higher risk than been on there side. They like what they like its up to you at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Little man hates sleeping during the day ... Hates lying on play mat ( in our house but loves it at my mams go figure ;) ) he feels he is missing something ha ha he prefers to be sitting in bouncer or bebe pod ( bumbo ?! )

He has taken to just screaming at least twice a day ... No reason I can see for it !

So L still waking 5 every morning. Brought him in to the bed and he was taking ages to go back asleep so after seeing so many of ye saying about side/belly sleeping i rolled him on to his side and he fell in to a goid deep sleep until OHs alarm went off at 7. I dont think its hunger waking him as he had 9oz bottle at 7pm, 6oz hungrier at 11.30pm and when i did give him the bottle at 7am he only drank 5oz. If he was hungry he wouldnt have gone back asleep and he would deffinetly drank more.

So just wonderkng about the side sleeping. How do you keep them on their side. As he was in the bed i just put a cushion thing (one with all the beads in it) at his back to stop him falling back. But this morning when putting him down for nap tried a rolled up cellular blanket but didnt work and he just went back on to his back. He goes to sleep fine for naps and at night but just keeps waking at 5 am. He has black out blind and we even put blanket over it but no joy.

She rolls onto her side here. I put her down on her back, and every time i go to pick her up she is on her side. She goes from one side to the other during her sleep as well, so I wouldn't use a prop for her.

You can get a clevamamma sleep positioner which has velcro cushions to prop them in side positions. I took the cushions out and just used it as a slope for reflux. Think they are about 25 quid in mothercare or similar.

Suucee, my one wakes up around 5 as well nearly every morning he is not really awake then but he is making loads of noise, throwing his arms and legs around most of the time he isnt hungry and when I pull him over into my bed and have him on his side in my arm he falls directly back asleep. I guess he is uncomfortable after the long time in one position. I would be :-)

• Advertisement

Maybe thats it siipina. Ive never put him on his side but after readin all the comments on it i said id try. I couldnt get him to nap a few mins ago which is normally no issue so put him on his side. Thinking it was probably a bad idea doing it last night as he seems to like it. He's not rolling yet so bit worried. Might look in to that positioner pwurple but probably bit pointless now at 3 months.

Is anyone else getting pressure to wean? My mum tried to give her an ice cream cone yesterday. I caught my dad about to give her some chocolate, and my mum in law handed her a chip!

scratch that he's awake already and normally sleeps 1.5hrs. have him back on his back trying to get him to settle.
    Was looking up that positioner and there is one second hand in my town for €10. Its says it helps with nasal congestion too. He is awfully snorty/snotty. im always trying to use nasal spray and aspirator but no joy and he snores so loud. I wonder has this got anything to do with why he's not sleeping so well. When we bring him in he does be snorting like a pig nearly. Ive mentioned it to nurse and doc but they just keep telling me to use spray and aspirator but that was the day of the injections when neither were very helpful. MIL always thinks he has a cold but he's been like it since day 1. Wonder should I get it for €10 .

OOh and it helps with flat head. with the sides off are you not afraid she would roll off it pwurple. He's not rolling but can mooch around a bit.

I would get it, maybe it helps him with the snoring as well and the snottiness. And its not too expensive either.

Same here with the weaning. MIL is asking every time if he is on the solid already she is driving me mad. Thank god nobody can give something to him :-D cause I am sure she would.

Suucee wrote: »
    OOh and it helps with flat head. with the sides off are you not afraid she would roll off it pwurple. He's not rolling but can mooch around a bit.

She was using it when in the bassinet, so it was the full width. I put it in the cot when she is wearing a sleeping bag, so she can only get onto her side and back again, not roll over.

Just took a cheese sandwich out of the babies mouth... Inserted by toddler. Give me strength. You need eyes in the back of your head.

pwurple wrote: »
    She was using it when in the bassinet, so it was the full width. I put it in the cot when she is wearing a sleeping bag, so she can only get onto her side and back again, not roll over.

Just took a cheese sandwich out of the babies mouth... Inserted by toddler. Give me strength. You need eyes in the back of your head.

Hahaha hilarious pwurple! Seems like even your little girl is putting pressure on you to wean! My boy is always trying to give LO his bottle of water. Not so much pressure to wean here but my mum is sayin to try her with a bit of food at 16weeks. PHN also told me 16 weeks is fine. But I thought that was for formula fed babies and breast fed should be around the 6month (24week) mark. I'm going to hold off until around 20 weeks I think. But I think we will know when our babies want to be weaned. They will let is know...

Suucee I just use a rolled up blanket placed behind her when she is swaddled on her side.

Not much pressure here to wean but phn reckons might need to start early as luke is so hungry. Twice today he emptied a 9oz bottle. I cant fit anymore in the bottle. Cant go hungrier milk cause it constipates him has 1 hungrier bottle at 11.30 pm approx. But will wait and see how he goes. I didnt put him to bed on his side since but slightly raised the matress to see will that help. Funny feeling its the nose thats waking him. Going to hopefully get the positioner tomorrow .

Kids having a sleep over in nannies tomorrow night as we are headin to a concert. It is madness what needs packing for 1 night. Usual change bag. Pjs, clothes and nappies for 2 yr old along with teddy, bunny and raggy.
    Baby grow and clothes for luke and spares if both. Nappies,grow bag, raggy , dody. bottles. Wont even be 24 hrs away and seems like they are moving out. Madness.

Oh Suucee I am so jealous, I would love a night out with OH without LO. We didnt do it since he was born and I dont see an end to it.
    Thats the down point without family. I hope you had a great time :-)

• Advertisement

Concert was great although i was wrecked. Up from 5am fri morning until 2.30 am fri night/ sat morning. Then had get uo at 8.30 as was minding a friends child then had to go collect my 2 monkeys. Was in bed at 9.30 last night.
    Got the sleep positioner and L slept much better . Went bed usual 7.30. OH normally does dream feed at 12 ish but he fell asleep on couch and didnt feed him until 1.30. L slept until 6.50 but not sure if it because of the positioner or that OH fed him later.

Took N to the Zoo on Thurs ....... Train journeys with a 4 month old ... Interesting ;) He was great on way up and was a bit whingy on way home because he was wrecked .... He projectil vomited an entire bottle all over me and himself on train :0 Annoying lady across the aisle was full of non helpful advice , fed too fast , too hungry , get rid of dummy etc grrrrrrr back off lady !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Well done on your self-control, I'd quite likely have slapped her ...

Well done on your self-control, I'd quite likely have slapped her ...

I was tempted !! Thankfully my friend was there to restrain me ;)

LH2013 wrote: »
    I was tempted !! Thankfully my friend was there to restrain me ;)

I would've cracked up! Well done :)

Omg some cheek. Its bad enough when family continually make comments like that but a stranger. I thinkbi would have told her where to go.

Is there a weird waking every hour thing that 4 month olds go through ?! Im so wrecked N woke every hour without fail last night and is now snoozing away !!!!!

Is there a weird waking every hour thing that 4 month olds go through ?! Im so wrecked N woke every hour without fail last night and is now snoozing away !!!!!

It's the 4 month sleep regression! I'm not looking forward to it LH :(

Sligo1 wrote: »
    It's the 4 month sleep regression! I'm not looking forward to it LH :(

Ah crap ;) any idea how long it lasts for ?!

• Advertisement

Ah crap ;) any idea how long it lasts for ?!

It's differebt with different babies I think LH. Could last a couple weeks to a couple months. But it's very normal. I can't remember how long it lasted with Thomas. A few weeks I think.... It's tough tho :(.

Advertisement