Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Things You Should Know About Bachelor Parties - article in Cosmopolitan online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

A pathetic piece that's insulting to men and women. I don't need to give my husband a long or short lease - like me, he's a grown adult and can act accordingly. I would be appalled if it was suggested that he give me a 'long leash' on every night out in some attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow. Grownups don't usually act that way - I know my husband didn't have strippers or anything too crazy on his stag, not because I have him on any length of leash but because he wanted a night out with his mates to eat, drink and have a chinwag. Which is what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

All good advice if you either a) don't really know what kind of person you're marrying or b) do know and aren't clever enough to realise you shouldn't be marrying them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What a tame list!

A friend of a friend went mental when her fiance had his stag night. She rang him and his mates constantly to "make sure" he wasn't misbehaving. Yep, they're really going to go the distance.

I was on a hen once where the best man turned up to keep an eye on both his finace and the bride to be. He didn't take kindly to me telling him to feck off (I was bridesmaid). Apparently I'm still known to him as "that c**t". Charmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

I found an interesting related story on the Cosmo site. It's written by a stripper who describes her experiences performing at men-only private parties in the US.
    http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/exclusive/bachelor-party-stripper-confessions-0305?click=main_sr

Advertisement