Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early July: Heatwave Potential

Options

Comments

ok, this isnt funny any more, wheres the bleedin sun gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

Over cast and cool here this morning after a muggy night, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

overcast and muggy here in east clare

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

come back sun, come back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I for one welcome our new cotton wool overlords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Overcast and a warm 22.1C in Galway city
    DP 17.6C
    RH 76%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Belmullet and Valentia are the warmest places this morning, 23 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

A real shame our spells downfall came to such a suden end. Really I expected Sunday to be the final day of glorious sunshine, but alas I should have guessed the forecast would have downgraded yesterday(or else I stopped paying attention)!

A real pity, and even though I am limited in the storm department, I'd hazard a guess that total cloud cover is an absolute disaster for big storm potential.

Lumi wrote: »
    Overcast and a warm 22.1C in Galway city
    DP 17.6C
    RH 76%

DP of 20 degrees or a little higher forecast for tomorrow afternoon-evening in places. Going to feel a bit muggy at close to 100% humidity.
    John.Icy wrote: »
    A real shame our spells downfall came to such a suden end. Really I expected Sunday to be the final day of glorious sunshine, but alas I should have guessed the forecast would have downgraded yesterday(or else I stopped paying attention)!

A real pity, and even though I am limited in the storm department, I'd hazard a guess that total cloud cover is an absolute disaster for big storm potential.

To add insult to injury there's been a bit of a monster of a storm just parked off the southwest coast all morning, it was up to ~850 strikes an hour at one point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back from 12 days in Spain, looks like I missed the entire Irish heatwave!

• Advertisement

To add insult to injury there's been a bit of a monster of a storm just parked off the southwest coast all morning, it was up to ~850 strikes an hour at one point.

Yikes! That would be something to behold! Hopefully during the next few days something kicks off.

Edit; maybe we'll get a clearing later, so all is not lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I can hear something in the distance getting closer....tumbleweed drifting through this thread next week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Overcast and murky in Donegal...what? I never checked the fc yesterday but on Friday today was supppsed to brilliant.

I'm up to date with fc now wish I hadn't bothered

Gonzo wrote: »

We are all darker than you :) haha

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Spitting a few drops of rain in Douglas now !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Whatever happened?

It's dull, cloudy and cool today, with a breeze. 19.6C...it will struggle to make 20C with the cloud and breeze.

Nobody was forecasting this, so what changed? :(

Gonzo wrote: »

Yep. That was about length of it...old King Henry's English Summer of three hot days and a thunderstorm applies if you allow for the previous non-Summers we were making up for. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭gifted

Where's the Sun?....someone find the goddam sun...can't take the sun away from me..it was like giving a blind man eyesight and then taking it away again after a few days...WHY?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Beautiful day in Waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

No sign of the sun breaking through yet. Waaa

• Advertisement

Beautiful day in Waterford!

Not for long!

Met Eireann have just updated their little weather map from this morning to reflect actual rather than this mornings forecast conditions.

Hindcasting I guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

good

Cloud breaking nicely...thank you weather gods.

If you're not following the thunderstorm thread, heads up to anyone in Wexford, there is a storm heading up towards the southeast coast. It might weaken but at the moment it's producing about 1 strike every 2 minutes and would reach the coast in a couple of hours if it doesn't fizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Seems to be getting a bit less cloudy in Cork City.

I wonder if that big thunder storm off the Southeast could spin up this way. It looks a bit ominously close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Some beefy storms en route.

image.ashx?type=lightning-12&time=

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sunny spells here now and feeling just about warm. Not a bad day in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Sun just about getting out from behind the cloud now feels lovely again can feel the temps picking up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It looks like Wexford should see some lightening in the next hour or two if Sat24 is correct.

• Advertisement

Sunny for the past hour but temp max only 20.7C (20.4C now despite the sun - fresh easterly breeze).

If it holds, that's the lowest max since the 4th of July.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement