Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone & Cisco ASA 5505

Options
  • 28-06-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

We currently have a second office and I wanted to link it to our main office. We have a Cisco ASA 5505 that I've acquired and want to set it up a site to site VPN between the new office and our current office. We currently have a ASA 5510 in the main office. I've had a small bit of experience configuring firewalls but it's been a few years since I last set one up.

We have a Vodafone line in the 2nd office and I just wanted to know how I now set it up with the ASA 5505? This is the bit that I am stuck with. Can anyone outline the steps involved in getting this to work and I will be able to configure it from there. All I need is a little kick start! I have received a range of Ip addresses from Vodafone and really need to know what I need to do with the Vodafone modem so I can connect it to the ASA before I set up the VPN. Any help is appreciated.

Let me know if you need any additional info. All I really need is a brief outline of how it will work and I can then go ahead and figure out the config details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Its pretty straight forward, download asdm and use the wizard to setup the vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Thanks for the reply. The VPN part should be ok, the part that is confusing me is getting the ASA5505 to talk to the modem. If I get a range of IP addresses from Vodafone and assign one to the ASA how do I set up the modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

See if you can put the modem into bridge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

accensi0n wrote: »
    See if you can put the modem into bridge mode.

Trying to get it to bridge but having no joy. The modem is a Netopia 2247 but not 100% sure on the right process to enable "Bridging". Have tried a number of different variations but nothing. Any ideas or should I purchase a different modem that I can use as a bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

dextor03 wrote: »
    Trying to get it to bridge but having no joy. The modem is a Netopia 2247 but not 100% sure on the right process to enable "Bridging". Have tried a number of different variations but nothing. Any ideas or should I purchase a different modem that I can use as a bridge?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055221723

• Advertisement
Advertisement