Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get up early in the morning hack

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thread reminds me of this! :D

Mr. Bean was the king of life hacking really, a misunderstood genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

A really good hack to waking up is have a pint of water beside your bed. As soon as you wake neck as much as you can, Im usually pretty thirsty so finish the whole thing. You are then wide awake and will not need to go back asleep.

Ive read recently its also very good for you, gets your metabalism off to a start straight away so works twofold!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jesus .. I didn't realise so many people had such problems getting up in the morning :)

I just got into the habit of going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.

Now I tend to wake up moments before my alarm clock goes off and get up straight away as I'll feel more tired going to sleep and waking up again.

Drinking water 2 hours before bed means you'll get a pee in before sleep as well, nothing worse than waking up at 5am needing to go for a slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Jesus Keith you are a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

I still believe the "kids" method is the best method..Lol

• Advertisement

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    A really good hack to waking up is have a pint of water beside your bed. As soon as you wake neck as much as you can, Im usually pretty thirsty so finish the whole thing. You are then wide awake and will not need to go back asleep.

Ive read recently its also very good for you, gets your metabalism off to a start straight away so works twofold!

I do this.. It used to be a hangover thing but now I couldn't do without it in the mornings.
    Eeden wrote: »
    I could get up, get dressed, go downstairs, put out the bins, and yet still talk myself into getting back into bed for "just another five minutes"... (this has actually happened....!)

I got to 100 yards from work before, turned around and went back to bed. That had more to do with the job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Relocate to a housing estate, barking dogs at half 5 every morning is the best alarm ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I've ordered one of those Phillips wake up lights.
    They cost enough so it better work.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

I just make sure i sleep very early that all.

Advertisement