Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13 Summer Champions League

Options
  • 24-06-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Lads.

Im looking to start a Champions League style tournament for the summer. It was great craic last year. Do you guys wanna do Club or Country?

Im thinking 4 teams in 4 groups and the top two come out. Play each other once and then into Quarter Finals. Winner Group 1 plays Second Group 3. Second Group 2 plays Winner Group1. WG2 V SG4. WG4 V SG2.

Get your names in. First 16 are in and who ever pulls out gets replaced by people next in line.

6 mins per half. Speed fast. No watching replays or intros. Put your PSN I.D. here too.

Whos in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmMc

I'm in by the way. ColmMc

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'm in
    Psn - Mrkeysersoze1988

• Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

In

Oatesy-- = PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Count me in

Steirishrover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

count me in

smiley316

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

In

Andremac12

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RadioactiveV6

I'm in. PSN ID: ConorBV6.

Don't let my low post count put you off. I'm here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

I'm In ...
    PSN: Giggsy_91

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I'm in
    PSN: MrDommyT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

I'll play

Rafamal7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'll play but I'll probably be only able to play past 11pm so it could be awkward with games and that?

Also just a suggestion but putting the speed on fast just takes away a huge amount of skill IMO, it just opens the door for Real/Bayern abuse, tournaments are much better on normal speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I'll play but I'll probably be only able to play past 11pm so it could be awkward with games and that?

Also just a suggestion but putting the speed on fast just takes away a huge amount of skill IMO, it just opens the door for Real/Bayern abuse, tournaments are much better on normal speed.

I agree with leaving the speed on normal if it's possible lads but it's up to yourselves I don't mind...

I also prob won't be in til after 11pm also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ill enter this but only if played at normal speed, as was said above it opens it up to more pace abuse from Bayern Madrid etc

PSN: SurYWudntYa

Alright lads. The speed will be changed to normal. I'm thinking of using the teams that were in the last 16 of this years Champions League and placing them in 4 groups of 4.

The teams are:
    Celtic, Juventus, Valencia, PSG, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Man.United, Porto, Málaga, Arsenal, Bayern, Galatasaray, Schalke, Milan, Barcelona.

Anyone have any objections?

ColmMc wrote: »
    Alright lads. The speed will be changed to normal. I'm thinking of using the teams that were in the last 16 of this years Champions League and placing them in 4 groups of 4.

The teams are:
    Celtic, Juventus, Valencia, PSG, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Man.United, Porto, Málaga, Arsenal, Bayern, Galatasaray, Schalke, Milan, Barcelona.

Anyone have any objections?

Shakhtar Donetsk are not in the game.

And whoever gets Celtic is ****ed.

Then I'll put Chelsea in instead of Shakhtar.

ColmMc wrote: »
    Then I'll put Chelsea in instead of Shakhtar.

How is it decided who gets which team?

I'll use a list randomiser on the internet. Ill take a screen shot too.

While your idea is good in theory, I'd agree with the poster above in that there's a huge difference quality wise between some of the teams there. You could be the best FIFA player in Ireland but still would struggle to beat any half decent player with Barca.

It's another suggestion but I'd put the PSN names into groups, 4 names 4 groups depending on numbers. Then let each player pick whichever team they want for each game. For example I'd have a different team to counter whoever my opponent picks. If you pick United I'd generally go with Dortmund or Chelsea. If you pick Barca I'd pick City or Bayern. It makes it an even tournament if the player gets to pick who he plays with.

Then all you need to do is set up the tables and fixtures in the OP and get people to post their results.

• Advertisement

It'll be better this way. Its all luck with who you get.

I think it would be better on normal speed also. If everyone picked a 4 star team it may be fairer but then again that may be a mix between Europa League and Champions League teams. Give everyone a random number for the draft pick and let them pick whatever 4 star teams are left. I personally hate playing with and against the likes of Real Madrid, Barca etc in the game.

This way we wont have everyone picking Madrid and Bayern. It'll be better craic too.

I've organised a lot of these tournaments and the way I've explained is the way most people like.

It's the way "seasons" is on FIFA also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Can't wait for this will be good craic.
    How will you manage to get people to have a match in time ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I'm in :)
    Dmannion8nuig

I've organised a lot of these tournaments and the way I've explained is the way most people like.

It's the way "seasons" is on FIFA also.

But that way then you can just pick Real every game, sure where is the fun in that?

This is the way this tournament is being done. Random teams and random groups. More fun.

Drogmal wrote: »
    But that way then you can just pick Real every game, sure where is the fun in that?

And the other player can pick whoever he wants as well.

Whoever gets a lower star team is out from the start, maybe in a once off friendly mode you might beat one of the big boys but not a hope will they get through a group stage, quarter final, semi final and final with all 5 star teams. It's impossible.

• Advertisement

Listen this is the way its being done. Its only a bit of fun. Are you in or not. I need your PSN

Advertisement