Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of God were you told to believe in ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Speaking of Stockholm Syndrome: OP banned? I'm assuming someone couldn't stay away again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

his last posts were on the gay mega-thread lolol!!! so much for his loving god.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sarky wrote: »
    Speaking of Stockholm Syndrome: OP banned? I'm assuming someone couldn't stay away again.

Which someone did you have in mind? We should open a sweepstake. Name your favourite rereg. Fiver in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

kylith wrote: »
    I dunno really, no-one seemed sure. He loved me unconditionally, but I had to do what he said. He was merciful, but he'd burn me for eternity if I sinned. The whole thing was a bit confused.

and if you wanted anything the best approach was to the 'Son' via the 'Mother' - God 'the Father' didn't feature that much except as a distant patriarchal figure who must be appeased at all costs.

There was also a host of small gods saints who would look after the relatively minor stuff each with their own area of responsibility.

• Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

God and my dad had so much in common that I wouldn't have been surprised to hear, "Wait until your God gets home!" :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

koth wrote: »
    God and my dad had so much in common that I wouldn't have been surprised to hear, "Wait until your God gets home!" :pac:

Was your dad not omnipresent?

Advertisement