Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossing Lines NBC **spoilers**

Options
  • 22-06-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

staring tomorrow

..... wrote: »
    CROSSING LINES is a unique, global action/crime series starring* William Fichtner, Marc Lavoine, Gabriella Pession, Tom Wlaschiha, Moon Dailly, Richard Flood and Donald Sutherland.

Set in exciting and exotic locations this series taps into the charter of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to mandate a special crime unit to investigate serialized crimes that cross over borders, hunt down criminals and bring them to justice... a global FBI is born.

seems to have a decent cast, always like fitcher, and sutherland can be good and seems to have the right role here, american networks do seem to be liking european based shows for their summer schedule the last few years,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ excellent cast, anybody check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just about to start watching it. First 2 episodes are up. Always enjoy William Fichtner. I'll let you know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

awful couldn't finish it it was so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was actually alright. What dragged it down was the stupid 'get a room' plot between the Norn Iron guy and the posh totty British police officer. I was actually glad when she bought it at the end. The fact it wrapped up very cleanly seemed strange. I was expecting it to evolve like that Sean Bean Missing thing from last year.

Not too bad, not overly great but fairly standard summer fare so I'll tune in for episode 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

think the first ep would probably be worst with all the introductions, we have be told something about them that supposedly wows us, its so awkard, this guy created criminal minds too, that along with many investigative cops shows, all the characters are soooo smug, to make them look smart everyone else and the criminals are so dumb, it doesn't make for good drama, csi, graceland, too, i can't watch criminal minds because of the smugness, this either

3rd ep already out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

TF1 in France has renewed the show for season 2, no word if NBC will broadcast it in the US: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/crossing-lines-season-two-renewal-nbc-29644/

Can't sleep and figured I'd throw something on till I either fall back asleep or have to get up. Really not all that impressed by the show, the first episode is one of the most generic and cliched procedurals in a long time. It's as if the writers grabbed the big book of cliche and decided to tick every box. Every character resembles one from another show and that goes for the plot too which is a hodgepodge of elements from every damned procedural of the past few years.

TVs' obsession with sexualised violence and graphic portrayals of women being tortured is really something that needs to be done away with. There's no need for shows to relish in the grisly details and it just feels like cheap shock tactics. Criminal Minds obsession with such imagery turned me off it in recent years and if Crossing Lines continues to be so familiar then I doubt I'll be finishing it.

The show was harmless but as summer fare it was watchable enough,

It just feels like a missed opportunity, the writing is very poor and is ridiculous at the best of times. The scene where they convince Sutherland to let them investigate was embarrassingly stupid and the way it just ignored such things as the ICC's lack of jurisdiction was annoying. There could be some interesting dynamics created by a group that has no legal right investigating crime and how it plays out with actual investigating officers.

Have to say that I was glad to see them kill the posh cop as her flirting with the traveller was cringeworthy. The need to try and create sexual tension between characters is something shows need to do away with. Elementary manager to create a believable relationship between two people that wasn't all about then wanting to get into one another's trousers and it was a refreshing change.

Will give this a few more episodes as Fitchner and Sutherland are always fun to watch and there is the chance that Sutherland may get a moment with his son Rossif who really is a damn good actor relegated to a nothing role here.

• Advertisement

Still watching this as its the perfect breakfast TV, something easy to throw on with a cup of tea and some cereal. Really wish that they would do away with the ridiculous futuristic tech as it's just nonsense. I'll never understand why TV writers are so obsessed with making up technology that simply doesn't exist.

It's also quite convenient that no matter where they go everyone, including children is fluent in English.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd never heard of this before but ended up on the set of it yesterday by accident. I might start watching it just to see how much of my area I can recognise.

After hearing about how this improved in series two I decided to finically finish up the final two episodes of series one. Just finished episode nine and it has to be up there with the worst tv of the past decade. The show has never been one to excell in any area but it was never quite this bad. Every aspect if episode nine was just awful, the writing was atrocious with numerous holes and moments such as a character answering the phone using the callers name, even though the call was coming from a pay phone. The big bad villains plan was dumb as hell and felt like it belonged in a 70s episode of Scooby Doo, even worse was the acting. The entire cast seemed to have regressed to the level you'd find in a really poor community theatre.

I'd say forget about Season 1. It really was cack. Things have very much improved in Season 2 however. I'm up to about episode 6 I think and, while it's still not first rate viewing, it's actually pretty decent overall. I too remembered Season 1 so I was justifiably reluctant to dive into S2 but it was worth it. I felt that it might survive as a Summer show but that the relocation to Fall would kill it. Far from it. It holds it's own. I even commented on the Sons Of Anarchy thread that a recent episode depicting a cross border MC showed up elements of SOA for the rubbish it has become. I think all the characters have bedded in now and the show is all the better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't even know season 2 had aired (the last time I checked, it had been delayed until 2015).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 wasn't picked up by NBC.. It droped on Amazon Prime in the UK 2 months ago.

My cousins send it to me from Portugal or South America - wherever they're on holiday at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished Season 2 this evening. Much stronger than the first.
    The double episode finale was a cracker with a couple of killer cliffhangers.

No word on season 3, but I have my fingers crossed.

Only seen the first few episodes of series 2 but it's certainly a step up, while it wrapped up the series one story it was tighter and more focused than anything in series one. It still needs a lot of work but it showed promise and it's going to be a show I fall back on over the coming months.

I haven't finished S2 just yet but I'm almost there but I'm glad people are still watching. I've been very happy with this season so far. If they deliver a Season 3 like that I'll be pretty happy. I'm not too sure the show needs more work though. Maybe some tweeks here and there but it's fairly strong and, given a show that has no factual basis, it's not doing so bad now. Tiggs from SOA has been great this season as a vilian. Kim Coates does scumbag so well in fairness. I'm hoping we'll be getting a third season. The show deserves one.

• Advertisement

Finally got to finish season 2.

The show really started to find it's feet in this season and it really deserves a 3rd to finish off the story it is telling.

Season 2 has been added to Netflix US & Canada.

Season 3 is a go :D

William Fichtner will not be returning :mad::(

Elizabeth Mitchell and Goran Visnjic join Crossing Lines season 3
    The two join Donald Sutherland as series leads and will fill a void left by original Crossing Lines star William Fichtner, who will not be returning for Season 3.
    The series has been greenlit for 12 episodes with X-Files veteran Frank Spotnitz, who has a first-look deal with Tandem, joining as executive producer alongside Tandem’s Rola Bauer. Crossing Lines creator/executive producer Ed Bernero departed after the end of Season 2 to be close to his family in California. The series films in Europe with action getting underway next week in Prague.

Crossing Lines revolves around a squad of European law enforcement officers — led in the first two seasons by Carl Hickman (Fitchner) — who battle the explosion of international crime that accompanied the opening of borders by the European Union.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/elizabeth-mitchell-goran-visnjic-frank-spotnitz-crossing-lines-season-3-1201376812/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alibi UK has picked it up and well air later in the year

Sorry to see Fichtner leaving. He's always watchable but I do suspect that his story was kind of closing anyway. I hope they find a way to workin Carrie-Ann Moss though still! Elizabeth Mitchell will be interesting. For me she's always been a Sci Fi cast so I'm looking forward to seeing her in something mroe procedural. I hope they keep up the quality this season or improve on Season 2. There's lot of room to improve but Season 2 was a big step up in itself.

Season 3 trailer still no idea when it will air.

Season 3 episode 1 is out there.

A good double episode opening season 3 and introducing the new team.

Have they changed the team? I liked the team as is with the Nordie, Italian chick, Gambling German guy, French guy and French Guy's super-hot wife, Sutherland and Fichtner. I know Fichtner is gone now AFAIR. Hopefully they've just replaced him.

• Advertisement

The only ones to stay on are Sutherland, The German and the female Dutch cop.

Advertisement