Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mooooooooooon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

That's mine, not very original, the black spots are leaves from a tree in foreground but was too dark to get both the moon and foreground in lit correctly :(

9122162842_ff1b0de78d_c.jpg

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Supermoon is not an astronomical term and has no meaning. It's just a coined phrase.

Its another name for the Moon at perigee, what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Its another name for the Moon at perigee, what's your point?

My point its that the hype was OTT. It's not an event worthy of such hype IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I remember not being very impressed with another supermoon, but I have to say this time I did seem to find it noticeably bigger and brighter than normal. I think the hype is nice, it's harmless, and better than the gloomy stuff we're accustomed to on the news.

People getting excited about looking at the moon, what's there not to like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the hype is nice, it's harmless, and better than the gloomy stuff we're accustomed to on the news.

Or what the latest celebrity has named their baby. :rolleyes:

I think it's great that there was so much hype.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I like a bit of hype for matters of astronomical interest. Better than reality tv or whatever other rubbish passes for news these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toothfairy123

I know it was the closest passing for this year, but is there another super moon later in the year? August maybe? Yep, it definitely was bigger than the last super moon I saw.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    My point its that the hype was OTT. It's not an event worthy of such hype IMO.

Ah, it gets people out to look at the stars/moon, nothing wrong with that (imo).

Advertisement