Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive Sweating

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just wondering if any other Gentlemen on this have had problems with excessive sweating from the forehead & body?

I can be quite a nervous person sometimes an it tends to get worse when I am nervous. Even when I am not nervous it can be quite bad.

It can be quite embarrassing so just wondering if anybody with a similar problem may have any advice or tips that may help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

i get it pretty bad if i exercise or in hot weather,,reduce the amount of salt in your diet can help
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

http://www.boots.com/en/Driclor-Solution-Roll-On-Applicator_22023/

You can buy these Anti Perspiration in Boots.

Normally in with ladies ones but if cant find ask somebody who works there.

Trust me they work. I had serious problem about 10 years ago and this worked.

Now one piece of advice. If you do buy it just add little bit at first. and dont ever ever ever put it on scratch or dry skin ever. It will pierce the crap out of you for couple of hours.

So start of gentle and then over time add more. After while you will only need to use it every few weeks or once month for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrFreeze

http://www.boots.com/en/Driclor-Solution-Roll-On-Applicator_22023/

You can buy these Anti Perspiration in Boots.

Normally in with ladies ones but if cant find ask somebody who works there.

Trust me they work. I had serious problem about 10 years ago and this worked.

Now one piece of advice. If you do buy it just add little bit at first. and dont ever ever ever put it on scratch or dry skin ever. It will pierce the crap out of you for couple of hours.

So start of gentle and then over time add more. After while you will only need to use it every few weeks or once month for me now.

That's great, will try picking that up in a chemist tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

MrFreeze wrote: »
    That's great, will try picking that up in a chemist tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

No problem.

There are few other ones too.

I have tried 1 or 2 others. They might be cheaper but work just as good.

I even apply some to forehead. It works.

Like say just apply bit at time before go to bed. Dont apply it while your sweating cause wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I was all sweaty for a while and discovered that it was actually a really serious sensitivity or allergic reaction to coffee (and not just caffeine either).

I didn't realise quite how serious the allergy/sensitivity was until after I actually stopped drinking coffee entirely and noticed how much better I felt.

It would be worth getting checked out for any possible illnesses too - diabetes and thyroid problems are two that can cause sweating but so can lots of other underlying conditions so, definitely go to a GP and rule out anything that might be causing it.

Cutting out coffee was actually a lot like giving up smoking. I had really bad headaches and was very irritable for about 2 or 3 days when I stopped drinking it.

It's amazing though, if I even have a cake that contains coffee, I immediately get all sweaty!

Also decaf has the same effect as caffeinated coffee so I think it's actually the coffee beans, not the caffeine that's causing the problem for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I find the fitter I get the more easily I sweat...effect is detailed in an article on cracked I know, not much help really but it's just natural for some, they do some strong antiperspirants in boots which may be worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

So Mr. Freeze is sweating. Who would have thought it.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Hi. I have hyperhydrosis for several years now. My pharmacist recommended to me a product similar to Driclor called 'Anhydrol Forte'. This product is essentially an über antiperspirant. It contains aluminium chloride hexahydrate that stops you sweating. Should you use it, do not apply too much (four rolls max. under each arm). It will irritate otherwise.

However I found, like others, cutting out or reducing certain things in my diet to be of benefit. For example, a reduction in alcohol was the biggest help. Reduction in caffeine and spicy foods were of benefit too. I took up exercise too but this didn't reduce my non-exercise sweating as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrFreeze

Hahaha sweating with laughter now
    PaddyCar wrote: »
    So Mr. Freeze is sweating. Who would have thought it.

Sorry

Fitness plays a part, but you can still have it.

Have a mate who is extremely fit. Does go mad maybe on Saturday night but otherwise runs 4-5 times a week. Good looking lad who minds himself otherwise.

Yet he sweats. Mostly in the face but its noticeable.

Been fit and thinner helps but really it only reduces it by no more then 10-20%.

Its just something people have or have not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

S'all about Driclor. Seriously burns if you put too much on.

I finally got to a point (probably through shedding a bit of weight) where I could stop using it, but it was fantastic when I used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

OP this may sound like bull****, but they make products for women going through the menopause that really help. I know it might be embarrassing buying it, but they work a charm. Can't think of the name, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it with Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone tried hypnosis for sweating? I sweat buckets when running which is normal and have done since I was a kid but when under pressure I can burst out in sweat too. Very embarrassing when its pouring off your head in a social situation

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone tried hypnosis for sweating? I sweat buckets when running which is normal and have done since I was a kid but when under pressure I can burst out in sweat too. Very embarrassing when its pouring off your head in a social situation

Try the stuff I have mentioned above with same guidelines.

I had serious problem 10 years ago when I was 18-19 onwards. Kinda came out of know where. Hot summer and I just sweated. Especially my back. My back would be like running tap it was so bad.

When I went out I had to have tshirt underneath shirt(black shirt to hide sweat patches a little better).

I tried Driclor and few others and have never looked back.

You will sweat when running etc but just like normal person unlike when its not applied.

Try the stuff I have mentioned above with same guidelines.

I had serious problem 10 years ago when I was 18-19 onwards. Kinda came out of know where. Hot summer and I just sweated. Especially my back. My back would be like running tap it was so bad.

When I went out I had to have tshirt underneath shirt(black shirt to hide sweat patches a little better).

I tried Driclor and few others and have never looked back.

You will sweat when running etc but just like normal person unlike when its not applied.

but where you sweating when under pressure or in an embarrassing situation? Then it just pours off my forehead.

but where you sweating when under pressure or in an embarrassing situation? Then it just pours off my forehead.

Not either. Just walking say from a place to another. If I went to college and had my bag on my back you was bad and this was even during winter time. Not as bad as summer but still.

I then stated getting sweats on my forehead. I apply it there too. Works a treat.

Been to some fairly countries since and not had a problem.

I dont work for crowd or have relations with these companies, but I swear they work.

I only need to but 1 every couple of moths now. I apply it every 3-4 weeks. At start you may be doing it twice a week but it gets better.

All I will say is give them a try.

Not either. Just walking say from a place to another. If I went to college and had my bag on my back you was bad and this was even during winter time. Not as bad as summer but still.

I then stated getting sweats on my forehead. I apply it there too. Works a treat.

Been to some fairly countries since and not had a problem.

I dont work for crowd or have relations with these companies, but I swear they work.

I only need to but 1 every couple of moths now. I apply it every 3-4 weeks. At start you may be doing it twice a week but it gets better.

All I will say is give them a try.

Thanks I'll try it. Do i Need a prescription for it?

Thanks I'll try it. Do i Need a prescription for it?

No you dont. They maybe in with womens deordrant though that is the thing. Im sure somebody can assist if go to shop. I know any Boots store I have went to be it Cork or Dublin have had them on shelf.

There are other ones too. Driclor just the one I used most. Cant remember names of other 1 or 2 I have tried. All good ones anyway.

Here is what the packet looks like. Just remember to only apply small bit first. Best to do it before go to bed. Then can wash it off in morning if like. It will still work fine.

dric001_dricolor_20ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Another thing to try is sage tea - a cup a night reduces sweating by at least 50%.
    You can buy sage teabags in most healthfood shops.

Allergies are definitely a factor in hyperhydrosis- coffee and gluten im my case

thejuggler wrote: »
    Another thing to try is sage tea - a cup a night reduces sweating by at least 50%.
    You can buy sage teabags in most healthfood shops.

Allergies are definitely a factor in hyperhydrosis- coffee and gluten im my case

How much per packet?

Might give them try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭thejuggler

How much per packet?

Might give them try.

Cheap enough I think €2 - €3

So will Sage tea and Driclor help with unexpected sweating which is my main problem? I do sweat more than most when exercising but that doesnt bother me. Its when sweat starts rolling off my forehead when under pressure or embarrassed thats my biggest problem. Anyone suffer from similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

used that driclor stuff infact using it right now. stuff is great but yeah stings like hell first few times. must try the sage tea bags

oh and i think its pronounced dry- chlore (driclor) if your asking for it in the chemist i thought it was pronounced dricklor:D

used that driclor stuff infact using it right now. stuff is great but yeah stings like hell first few times. must try the sage tea bags

oh and i think its pronounced dry- chlore (driclor) if your asking for it in the chemist i thought it was pronounced dricklor:D

Lol I have always pronounced it the latter way. That's why get odd look when ask in pharmacy so lol.

I'm glad it's helping you. Keep us posted on progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Normstorm

Must say I've tried driclor and didn't find it helped.

I tend to get extremely sweaty when nervous or when doing any sort of physical activity. I've deicded to go speak with a CBT councellor to see if they can help as I believe its linked to social anxiety but if any does find out any info on a product that works please share!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Ive always suffered from this. I always thought it was the fact I was unfit but the last 2 years I have seriously improved my diet and fitness level.

For example I took up running and I am still as drenched in sweat now as I was the first day I went out for a run 2 years ago and nearly went into cardiac arrest!

If im nervous, in any way warm or do any sort of exercise my forehead is covered in sweat. Kinda annoying especially in certain situations like dates or job interviews!!

You two are in the same boat as me which is why im considering hypnosis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Driclor for taking some of the soakage out of the pits. But not much you can do about the forehead and face. I used to keep an iced drink handy and blow onto it creating a nice cooling effect in hot bars etc. also choose your shirts wisely to avoid the pit patches!

I found that the over active sweating calms down as you get older from 18-21 I was a tap!

Had my usual 20 min morning run this morning. Average pace. Came home and waited 20 mins before showering to cool off. Have shower and the sweat is still running off me. Anyone else like this??

• Advertisement

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Driclor for taking some of the soakage out of the pits. But not much you can do about the forehead and face. I used to keep an iced drink handy and blow onto it creating a nice cooling effect in hot bars etc. also choose your shirts wisely to avoid the pit patches!

I found that the over active sweating calms down as you get older from 18-21 I was a tap!

Did you put it on your forehead?

If you did I found that putting it on between your hair does better as it also can be sweaty part.

Advertisement