Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifiers Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Longfordian in London

Any word on which game will be covered by RTE on the Saturday , if any ! .
    Based over on the mainland and would love to see the blue and gold v Limerick Saturday week !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Davin Stand

Tipp did win 3 games in the qualifiers last year, without Barry Grogan, who was in the States. However, Alan Moloney was injured against Kerry, so the Tipp forward line is seriously weakened.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any word on which game will be covered by RTE on the Saturday , if any ! .
    Based over on the mainland and would love to see the blue and gold v Limerick Saturday week !

There was none covered in this round at all last year, suspect it'll be the same this year.
    But hey, we gets to see loads of provincial quarter finals instead, games were no-one gets knocked out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

There was none covered in this round at all last year, suspect it'll be the same this year.
    But hey, we gets to see loads of provincial quarter finals instead, games were no-one gets knocked out.
    Wonder will they at least have cameras at all the games. I know a few years back when Meath played Westmeath in a round 1 qualifier, RTE never bothered to send anyone to the game and they ended up missing one of the best points you're likely to see from Joe Sheridan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is the Cavan Monaghan game not being shown on TV the 29th?

• Advertisement

Provincial quarter finals are over. It's semi final stage now and I wouldn't see any of the qualifiers as worth showing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is the Cavan Monaghan game not being shown on TV the 29th?

I assume BBC2 will show it?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Tom Joad wrote: »
    I assume BBC2 will show it?

I think I saw somewhere that they were. Dont have a link though.

68Murph68 wrote: »
    I think I saw somewhere that they were. Dont have a link though.

RTE have confirmed they are showing it according to hoganstand - on an aside it is being billed as El Classico on Monaghan forum :D:D

RTE have confirmed they are showing it according to hoganstand - on an aside it is being billed as El Classico on Monaghan forum :D:D

Well Martin Dunne is the GAA version of Messi at the minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

At a guess I would say this is a case of taking the BBC NI pictures thereby saving money to pay Tubs, Joe and Marian's salary

If it is the BBC NI feed expect a lot of manager & crowd shots while you hear the sounds of play going on in the background.

So loads of games on and both television stations likely to broadcast the same game. :rolleyes:

68Murph68 wrote: »
    At a guess I would say this is a case of taking the BBC NI pictures thereby saving money to pay Tubs, Joe and Marian's salary

If it is the BBC NI feed expect a lot of manager & crowd shots while you hear the sounds of play going on in the background.

So loads of games on and both television stations likely to broadcast the same game. :rolleyes:

You need the games on both channels so we can watch the match on RTE and they flick over to BBC at half time and after the game for a proper analysis of what actually happened rather than listening to Spillane and whatever sock puppet he has with him going on an embarassing rant involving cones or fabric softener.

But yeah it is a bit daft if there is an alternative game on at the same time - afaik BBC have the rights for the Ulster Championship. Does that mean RTE pay the BBC to show Ulster championship games??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>

But yeah it is a bit daft if there is an alternative game on at the same time - afaik BBC have the rights for the Ulster Championship. Does that mean RTE pay the BBC to show Ulster championship games??
    this is what was wanted by the other (non ulster) provinces so its ironic that it has led to more Ulster games being shown

It was the case that RTE rotated the coverage a little more in the past opting to ignore big games involving Armagh and Tyrone in order to be fair to the other provinces so BBC covered those games in parallel.
    Seeing as the game on BBC was more attractive, the other provinces THEN threw a wobbler and said that there shouldnt be any parallel games

So now theres to be no parallel games which means that for BBC to show a game live RTE must also show it, so now theres a tick more Ulster games than previously it seems.
    The online showing of games was often to get round the rule that RTE must "show" the Ulster game in order to allow BBC to show it, but that is also at an end it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Any word of the dates of times of the last 3 football round 1 qualifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

eamonpk wrote: »
    Any word of the dates of times of the last 3 football round 1 qualifiers
    dates and locations are now on the GAA website

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Tyrone cruising against Offaly 7 points up to nothing after 15 minutes.

Fermanagh 1-3 Westmeath 0-3 Sounds like a serious blunder from Connaughton for the Fermanagh goal - seriously misjudged the flight of a ball and ended up in the back of the net. Westmeath did get a point back pretty much straight away after.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Finton90

yeah Tyrone home and dry already the gap between div 1 and div 4 is crazy

Finton90 wrote: »
    yeah Tyrone home and dry already the gap between div 1 and div 4 is crazy

Commentator going on about Tyrone having 7/8 goal chances but simply taking their points.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

And to think some people were saying Offaly had a chance with all the Tyrone injuries.

Are the Mcmahon's and Stephen o'Neill playing?

• Advertisement

Finton90 wrote: »
    Are the Mcmahon's and Stephen o'Neill playing?

Nope

Offaly have a score !!!

Offaly have used either 4/5 subs already :eek:

Tyrone have hit the post and have had 4/5 wides and have had a policy of taking points over going for goals.

15 points to 1.

Massacre in Tullamore.

Division 1 versus Division 4 teams continue on as a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The worst performance I have seen from an Offaly football team we may be missing a load of players but still it was absolutely dreadful from us, no organisation in attack or defence continually running the ball into tackles when we are obviously not strong enough to break through them.

The worst performance I have seen from an Offaly football team we may be missing a load of players but still it was absolutely dreadful from us, no organisation in attack or defence continually running the ball into tackles when we are obviously not strong enough to break through them.

ye're not the only ones dingus, this is the trend when div 1 meets div 4. my own county had high hopes of a big performance against Cork after winning div 4 but the game was over after 15 mins as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Galway got through against Tipp after, final score 1-12 to 0-11.

What way does round 2 of the qualifiers work? Does the team entering the qualifiers having lost a provincial semi final get home advantage? Or can it go either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

What way does round 2 of the qualifiers work? Does the team entering the qualifiers having lost a provincial semi final get home advantage? Or can it go either way?

Both teams will be drawn and then there will be another draw for home advantage.

Both teams will be drawn and then there will be another draw for home advantage.

Are games played next weekend or the week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Are games played next weekend or the week after?

Over the next two weekends I think but could be wrong. I don't think any provincial semi final loser from this weekend will be out next weekend but Down, Roscommon, Waterford and Clare will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

teams who get further in the provincial championship should have home advantage, but this is the GAA, they dont do common sense.

Advertisement