Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered my first DSLR, new to photography. Now what?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'm in a similar situation having only picked up a DSLR in recent weeks. If you don't have time for courses, check out Youtube videos as I found there's plenty to keep you busy and learning.

I'm still getting my head around the basics but the more photos you shoot the better an understanding you get, particularly if you're manually setting one or more functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

Adorama TV has a huge amount of content covering all aspects of photography - well worth a look:
    http://www.adorama.com/ALC/category/AdoramaTV

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Bought the same camera in March and must say I found the beginning very daunting! Then I did a quick four week course with a photographer. BEST thing I ever die. He did a session each on the exposure triangle of shutter speed (S on your dial), Aperture (A on your dial) and ISO. He then went through how these work together to create different shots.

Must say I haven't looked back since and am now much more confident with my camera. Felt like a bit of a flute pulling it out at the start but now can't get enough of it! Bringing it inter railing (after much debate) so am hoping to get some great pics hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I find tutorials to be the best way of learning. They set a specific task and show you how to accomplish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Have a play with this

http://camerasim.com/camera-simulator/

and it'll give you an idea of what will happen if you change various things if you set your camera on "manual"

• Advertisement
Advertisement