Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatel Star For 32 Euro on e-mobile

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

on emobile 32 euro monthly contract with unlimited t&t and data if you select require a new phone you get http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_one_touch_star-5296.php for free and its a 30 days contact,so phone will cost you only 32e if you want to cancel your contract after one month.
    I haven't bought it yet but i went up to last stage of signing up and there were no charges for the phone. It's not galaxy s4 but for 32 euro it is a bargain. On meteor and emobile website it is retailing at 170euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I'm not seeing that - This shows various plans, but with Pre-Pay it's 169 online?

Do you have a link to the pre-pay offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

its on 30 days contract for 32 euro http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

But on the step 1 of signing up options select require a phone and its free. Then after giving 30 days notice you can cancel your contract. So indirectly your phone will cost only 32 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

So just buy the phone today and cancel the contract when they deliver it?
    Are there any catches in the T&C's to prevent this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

So tempted, but there has to be a catch :confused:

I haven't found any but they can refuse to accept your order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

When I signed up for this plan back about 7 months ago there was no phone option but they took a deposit of €130 and are only starting to dribble it back to me in credit now. This I presume was to stop me dropping them

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

Seems like a good deal, if you just want to sign up and cancel for the phone however be aware there is a €130 minimum spend for an unlock code.

http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Apps-more/How-to-get-Mobile-Unlock-code/td-p/3625

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

€32 is for the SIM-only plan - if you're getting a phone, by definition its not SIM-only.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

but you can buy an unlock code for 5 euro on ebay , so why bother spend 130.

i wounder would this actually work, would love to pull the trigger but ill let some1 elso do it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

If they automatically take a €130 deposit, will you be refunded that when you cancel?

• Advertisement

They will ask you before taking taking any deposit so its not automatic and for three they use to give back your deposit after 6 months but i am not sure about emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone go through with it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

ando wrote: »
    When I signed up for this plan back about 7 months ago there was no phone option but they took a deposit of €130 and are only starting to dribble it back to me in credit now. This I presume was to stop me dropping them

If you wanted out before the 1st month was up, wud they have refunded the 130 euro ??

The website is full of bugs! Selected a grey colored Alcatel Star and it shows as a pink version in the basket. Also had a look at the photos for the Alcatel Star and it shows HTC Legend :D . Emobile is owned by Eircom!!! Argh! Run a mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

bmm wrote: »
    If you wanted out before the 1st month was up, wud they have refunded the 130 euro ??

no, sure thats the point of the deposit

Ordered one, wont be paying the deposit, will let u know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

brightkane wrote: »
    Ordered one, wont be paying the deposit, will let u know how I get on

How did u avoid deposit? Eircom customer?

bmm wrote: »
    How did u avoid deposit? Eircom customer?

sorry I should have been clearer, if they ask for a deposit I wont be paying it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

brightkane wrote: »
    sorry I should have been clearer, if they ask for a deposit I wont be paying it,

Is the phone still pink in the order ? How much was debited from your account ?
    Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Argh, was just signing up and don't have my passport on me, looks like I'll have to wait until I'm home.

Looks a good deal, if I can avoid the 130 I'll be all over it.

bennyc wrote: »
    Is the phone still pink in the order ? How much was debited from your account ?
    Cheers

yeah phone was pink, wouldn't let me change it, nothing debited from my account yet, credit card for verification purposes and bank account details for dd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BTW, I think this phone is dual sim, which might be of interest to a few people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Specs aren't great on this phone for android 4.x

512MB ram is the minimum recommended for 4.0and the processor is the same one that was in my xperia play over 2 years ago.

Having said that, looks nice. Provided you don't want to do to much with it, it'll probably run fine.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Specs aren't great on this phone for android 4.x

512MB ram is the minimum recommended for 4.0and the processor is the same one that was in my xperia play over 2 years ago.

Having said that, looks nice. Provided you don't want to do to much with it, it'll probably run fine.

What do ya want for 32 euro , an octa core GS4?

They just rang me there and said it's a mistake on the website and the phone should not be included in the offer.

54kroc wrote: »
    They just rang me there and said it's a mistake on the website and the phone should not be included in the offer.

will they honour it tho? Not our fault they made a mistake hmmm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

What do ya want for 32 euro , an octa core GS4?

Easy fella. Just informing the masses is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

It says this at the bottom when you go to check out

'that termination charges will apply if I terminate my contract early'

Any idea what the charges are?

will they honour it tho? Not our fault they made a mistake hmmm:rolleyes:

They were offering a sim only.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Easy fella. Just informing the masses is all.

i sounded rude , my bad.:pac:

• Advertisement

if that's the case they should fix their site, its still available to order

Advertisement