Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 625 points

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The achievers in my school got 580, 597 and 584

:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Are you genuinely serious.

Grades go up in 5s. You can't get 581 or 586 or whatever.

You're such an unbelievable spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

615 man, 615

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Are you genuinely serious.

Grades go up in 5s. You can't get 581 or 586 or whatever.

You're such an unbelievable spoof.

Sorry for not memorizing their grades but i know they were over 580.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

PositiveAlf you're a gimp.

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    615 man, 615

So if someone were to say that "you getting 615 points was luck", would you honestly accept that? And Tyrell or whatever your name is, it would be nice if you stopped being so immature...I'm actually serious about this.

Prodgey wrote: »
    PositiveAlf you're a gimp.

Love you Shane <3
    So if someone were to say that "you getting 615 points was luck", would you honestly accept that? And Tyrell or whatever your name is, it would be nice if you stopped being so immature...I'm actually serious about this.

I'm not being immature, I'm being realistic. Fair enough you have your opinion, and I respect that you're of the belief that it's just hard work and preparation, but the way you've gone about it is ridiculous, you've tried to throw everyone else's views out the window, discredit them and then say they've no right to post about it. When realistically they're the ones who not only have sat their leaving cert, but have come extremely close to 625.

Not all luck, but luck would have come into play. Hard work helps, but does not guarantee high points. Intelligence is obviously needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

No Im saying that someone who 625 points wouldve known the exact same stuff as the people who got 615-just they had 1 paper that didnt go as well for them. How some papers go is down to chance/luck. And Im being too general with the term luck-just they may have left out a tiny piece of info that got them the A2 as opposed to A1-or the bellcurve which interferes soooo much in grades, etc, etc.

My friend got 624, he was sickened!

• Advertisement

Love you Shane <3

I'm not being immature, I'm being realistic. Fair enough you have your opinion, and I respect that you're of the belief that it's just hard work and preparation, but the way you've gone about it is ridiculous, you've tried to throw everyone else's views out the window, discredit them and then say they've no right to post about it. When realistically they're the ones who not only have sat their leaving cert, but have come extremely close to 625.

I would have probably read and taken your response seriously but after reading "I'm not being immature" I just didn't bother because you certainly are being immature, fair enough I couldn't memorize past achiever's points and when I argued my view you added insult to it. That's pretty immature.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    No Im saying that someone who 625 points wouldve known the exact same stuff as the people who got 615-just they had 1 paper that didnt go as well for them. How some papers go is down to chance/luck. And Im being too general with the term luck-just they may have left out a tiny piece of info that got them the A2 as opposed to A1-or the bellcurve which interferes soooo much in grades, etc, etc.

Well I see your point clearly, there probably is some tiny bit of luck going into the exams which makes the difference between 625 and 615. But I'm not completely wrong about the hard work. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I would have probably read and taken your response seriously but after reading "I'm not being immature" I just didn't bother because you certainly are being immature, fair enough I couldn't memorize past achiever's points and when I argued my view you added insult to it. That's pretty immature.

Is this chap actually serious.

Is this chap actually serious.

Not really, having debate next thursday and had to spew out as many points the proposition could make so I could find a way to counter them. Got a bit caught up in it myself. The motion, "This house believes that hard work can achieve high results", I got the difficult side(opposition). :o

That is such bullshit.

That is such bullshit.

Loool can't blame you, i'll post a pic next thursday on this thread showing my speech, the motion sheet and (hopefully) a certificate or some sort of reward. But i think they only give rewards for concern debates :s

Man, this lie is going to get way out of control. Now, you're going to have to make a fake speech and print off a fake certificate. :P

Man, this lie is going to get way out of control. Now, you're going to have to make a fake speech and print off a fake certificate. :P

lmao swag

lmao swag

Oh god.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Prodgey wrote: »
    Oh god.
    You called?

Whut? :p

Ok. I would most certainly agree that hard work, determination, and drive can achieve a lot, but tbh if I were the OP (if he's even still around) I'd feel more pressurised than supported by the OTT tone of some of the later posts in this thread.

Therefore I'm closing it, OP can PM me to request that it be re-opened if he feels differently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement