Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what make of VDSL2 modem will work with VODAFONE fibre?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mmm..it sounds like they're bring the fibre right to your doorstep to that junction box and then plugging it into a dsl modem (ethernet)
    Look at the the back of the router and see if it its only has network connections. If it is..you need a cable router and if phone line its a vsdl router.
    But from the sounds of it , it looks like dsl so your netgear should be fine.
    Eircom only bring fibre to the cabinet and then over phone line to the house. Whereas upc/digiweb bring it right to your doorstep so your old connections inside don't make a blind bit of difference.
    Was there a username/password to be used for the router? Did digiweb provide a router when setting up the broadband?
    Sorry for all the questions but the more info you provide the better we can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi Blazer yes Digiweb supplied a Fritzi box router years ago, yes there is a passwork and user name needed, no phone line connection at the back of the Netgear
    after 2 and a half hours on the phone to Sean from Digiweb it's working but only through the old router when I have more time I will investigate using the Netgear on it's own but at the moment it is bridging (I think) through the old one and it's faster than before so happy enough
    no doubt I will be back on again when the old router dies
    Thank you for your help very much appreciated
    Regards
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hi Blazer yes Digiweb supplied a Fritzi box router years ago, yes there is a passwork and user name needed, no phone line connection at the back of the Netgear
    after 2 and a half hours on the phone to Sean from Digiweb it's working but only through the old router when I have more time I will investigate using the Netgear on it's own but at the moment it is bridging (I think) through the old one and it's faster than before so happy enough
    no doubt I will be back on again when the old router dies
    Thank you for your help very much appreciated
    Regards
    D

You can use wireshark to get the username and password from the old router and then use that for the new router and it should work fine. That's what I had to do for my one. There's some good videos on YouTube that show you how to do it, I'll post them later on

Advertisement