Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Atheist Arguments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hate to over use it but it's quite an accurate assessment of sorts in my view.
    "Only a Sith deals in Absolutes.":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nagirrac

I'm fairly certain that the 'body of christ' aka communion is literally the flesh of jesus, a product of the process of transmogrefication or something. According to the Vatican. Are you saying that moses didn't part the sea, there was no Ark, or Garden of Eden? Most Irish catholics haven't a clue what's in the bible, which the church would accept is a fairly important book, for them.

Have you even tasted the wafer? Did it taste like flesh to you?:) It is clearly a symbolic concept, regardless of what the RCC says.

I don't believe Moses parted the sea, or there was a global flood, or a garden of Eden, or for that matter God handing Moses a stone with ten commandments. I believe these, along with much of the bible, were visions by early mystics who were on hallucinogenic mushrooms.

I was referring to the more liberal churches such as the Episcopalians and the Unitarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Jernal wrote: »

Never underestimate the power of the dark side :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Woogle

"Bad Atheist Arguments"

Rightly asking for evidence or proof, but then either never considering or deciding what evidence or proof would be personally sufficient for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jernal wrote: »

That is itself an absolute. Ergo, Everyone in Star Wars is a jerk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Woogle wrote: »
    "Bad Atheist Arguments"

Rightly asking for evidence or proof, but then either never considering or deciding what evidence or proof would be personally sufficient for you.

Asking for evidence or proof and then decrying it as insufficient, is actually the theistic position.

It is perfectly clear what will get us atheists to change our position re god, ie testable, repeatable and independently verifiable evidence of his existence.

Advertisement