Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of online shops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

To be honest I think amazon is cheaper looked on a few of them and cheapest saddle was €80. Amazon saddle same shape/size is under €15.

Its an A to B bike via the shop. Just looking for good quality working parts not the designer over priced stuff.

Unfortunately being the sane shape and size do not mean they are the sane and materials used will differ greatly.

If the cheapest saddle you were able to find from an online cycle shop was €80 then your not very good at the internet.

However saying all that if all you want is quality parts for going to the shops then I suggest you stick to Aldi and lidl gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Unfortunately being the sane shape and size do not mean they are the sane and materials used will differ greatly.

If the cheapest saddle you were able to find from an online cycle shop was €80 then your not very good at the internet.

However saying all that if all you want is quality parts for going to the shops then I suggest you stick to Aldi and lidl gear.

Well what does that say about the list above because what I said was the cheapest one I seen from the list was €80.

I already stated I found a saddle on amazon for €15 which looks much much better quality out of all the overpriced stuff from the list above.

What I said was getting from A to B. What's the problem. I'm looking for affordable parts not mid life crisis parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Well what does that say about the list above because what I said was the cheapest one I seen from the list was €80.

I already stated I found a saddle on amazon for €15 which looks much much better quality out of all the overpriced stuff from the list above.

Would you mind telling us what it is you're looking for that the one you found cost €80 and you found a better version of the same for €15 I doubt they're even remotely similar.

Any chance of a link to the saddle you bought?

These saddles are highly regarded in the budget/quality debate. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-spoon-saddle-with-cromo-rails/

If it's just bargains you want take a look on adverts you'll find plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Would you mind telling us what it is you're looking for that the one you found cost €80 and you found a better version of the same for €15 I doubt they're even remotely similar.

These saddles are highly regarded in the budget/quality debate. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-spoon-saddle-with-cromo-rails/

And you can get cheaper without looking too hard: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cosine-cr-mo-sport-saddle/

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Didn't buy anything all I'm asking is if the links are still up to date as seen as the thread is 4 years old are there better links/more affordable part's/ shop's

This is what I was looking at haven't purchased yet as I am shopping around.

• Advertisement

Replied there but something up with the site I think, having trouble all day

This is what I was looking at have not purchased yet as I'm shopping around. The original post/thread is 4 years old now is it still valid is what I wanted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I don't think, you were trying too hard.
    This one from CRC, with free delivery:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/brand-x-cut-out-saddle/rp-prod118646

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Well what does that say about the list above because what I said was the cheapest one I seen from the list was ?80.

I already stated I found a saddle on amazon for ?15 which looks much much better quality out of all the overpriced stuff from the list above.

So you can tell the quality of something just by looking at it? How do you know something is overpriced when you clearly are new to this game? I suspect its simply more than you want to spend but that doesn't mean its overpriced.

You certainly have a lot to learn. I think you should buy your cheap generic saddle from amazon and find out for yourself the quality of it. It may be fine but then again it might cut the arse off you within 10 minutes. Then you can use your excellent ability to judge quality by looking at things on the internet and find another one. I'll not be offering any further opinions/advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

So you can tell the quality of something just by looking at it? How do you know something is overpriced when you clearly are new to this game? I suspect its simply more than you want to spend but that doesn't mean its overpriced.

You certainly have a lot to learn. I think you should buy your cheap generic saddle from amazon and find out for yourself the quality of it. It may be fine but then again it might cut the arse off you within 10 minutes. Then you can use your excellent ability to judge quality by looking at things on the internet and find another one. I'll not be offering any further opinions/advice.

I would agree with that.

@ iLikeWaffles: You ressurect an old thread, ask if the links are still valid etc. Question: Did you check yourself? You should at least be doing that.
    Then, you get good advice and you rubbish it saying you need a saddle to get you from A – B and found one for €15. That's cool, there are loads to choose from at that price point. Choose wisely!
    From reading your post again, everything you need is in Halfords. Nothing special - just cheap bog standard bike parts.

The hostility and snobbery here is outrageous best of luck on the road fellas.

BTW this old thread is from a stickied post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Has anyone any experience of either of these websites by any chance

freecycle.fr
    premium-bikeshop.de

Thanks

Advertisement