Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭jd

canonball5 wrote: »
    That's what I asked. They said all residents need to text in when leaving their car longer than 24hrs which is madness in itself.

That's nuts. The only time restriction I've ever heard of before is for visitor permits/parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

If you are sure that they are in wrong why don't u take a taxi or rent a car and send them a bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

If anyone here has a decent bolt cutters or angle grinder/consaw and they're in the South Dublin area I'll fly out pick it up and drive out to canonball5.
    Beginning to feel sorry for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

If anyone here has a decent bolt cutters or angle grinder/consaw and they're in the South Dublin area I'll fly out pick it up and drive out to canonball5.
    Beginning to feel sorry for you now.

Thanks Keith, that would be amazing

• Advertisement

I think I might even have a few 7 inch cutting discs in the shed if anyone can supply the grinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

billy2012 wrote: »
    From another forum - Great read.

Here's what I posted on another forum about it:

Well I was clamped (in the wrong) outside my apartment. We were informed that clamping had ceased in our complex and that permits were no longer being issued because they weren't required. Last week clamping started again without warning. For the purposes of this exercise I didn't tell NCPS I was clamped in the wrong not that it would have made any difference imo

So the following is my correspondence with them. Enjoy the read

Quote:
    A Chara

One of your immobilisation devices was attached to my vehicle on
    Saturday morning last, 7/7/12. This is deemed illegal under section
    113 of the road traffic Act, unauthorised interference with mechanism
    of vehicle without reasonable cause. The Law Society of Ireland have
    also said that in their opinion this is an illegal act.

So I have since removed the device myself and it is available for
    collection at your earliest convenience. However there is a storage
    fee of €25 per day and a removal fee of €50. So as of 8.30am 9/7/12
    the current balance owing is €75.

My phone number and email are listed above should you wish to make
    payment and collect the device.

If the device is not collected within 7 days it will be disposed of

Kind Regards

Quote:
    Gary

You currently owe €120 for the offence while parked illegally plus clamp damages if incurred.

Your mail below has been review and will be passed on to the Garda Síochána for follow up.

I can assure you that all vehicles immobilised are within the legal boundaries that apply to off-street car parking, all with contractual agreement with our clients.

All notice of terms and parking regulation are set out on signage throughout the car which gives those choosing to avail of parking on location an understanding of the full riggers of failure to comply.

As you have, by admission removed the clamp, presumably by criminal means then damage incurred while illegally removing the device will be imposed and sought, after review upon collection.

Furthermore, as you are now in possession of stolen property and using strangely compelling tactics to misappropriate money for stolen property, all further communications will be passed to the Gardaí for follow up.

Trust, we will be in contact with you shortly. However, if by, then you have chosen to dispose of the clamp as understood below, subsequently we will seek compensation on the back of this correspondence, which sets out your purpose and intent.

I can be contacted via mobile set out below for further resolve.

Quote:
    Hi Ray

You mention I owe €120 for an offence, you are aware that for something to be an offence it must be illegal under a section of legislation. For example, interfering with the mechanism of a vehicle is illegal under section 113 of the road traffic act.
    Also your assumption that I have damaged the clamp is a little off the mark, in fact I found it incredibly easy to remove without causing any damage to my vehicle or your device.

My mail has been sent for review? I have no issue with that, I will be reporting the illegal interference with my vehicle to the Gardai now that I have an actual name to give them rather than a company name.

You say you can assure me that all vehicles are immobilised within legal boundaries, may I remind you of the findings of the Law Society of Ireland? And may I yet again refer to section 113 0f the RTA? A sign does not allow a person to break the law. The fact you have a contractual agreement with a client or number of clients does not entitle you or anybody else to break any laws.

Moving on to your presumption that I have removed the clamp by causing criminal damage is as I said earlier way off the mark, also by immobilising my vehicle I am entitled to remove the device by any means necessary but for the purposes of keeping good faith and relations between me and my customer, which you are as you are availing of my storage I removed it without causing any harm. Also could you point me to the section of legislation which covers the 'illegal removal' of your device, I can't seem to find it in the statute book.

Furthermore you will find I am not in possession of stolen property, you or one of your employees working under your orders placed it in my possession when attaching it to my vehicle, I am being obligent by simply making it available for collection under certain terms, I am offended at your accusation of theft. I fail to see how I am using 'compelling tactics', your attempt to gain money by illegally immobilising my vehicle could be called extortion tactics could they not?

I do trust you will be in contact soon. If the 7 days are up and you are still deciding to dispute the charges owed to me for my service I will hold on to the device until this is resolved but the storage fee will rise by €5 every 7 days. So from Monday of Next week it will become €30 every day and the following week it will rise to €35 every day and so on

As of today the charge stands at €100 which is broken down as follows

Removal fee €50
    Storage @ €25 per day x 2 days €50

If these fees remain unpaid I will be seeking a judgement against NCPS for the full amount.

I accept cheque, credit card, debit card or cash.

Should you choose to pay by cheque the device will not be released until the cheque has cleared but I will store the device free of charge while waiting for the funds to clear.

I look forward to your response and prompt payment, I would hate for this to have to be dragged through the courts but if needs must that is the path I will go down

Kindest Regards
    Quote:
    Hi Gary

Please email me your phone number as it was not in your first email and your full postal address and the EN/ vehicle registration number in relation to your offence.

Kindest regards

Quote:
    Hi Ray

I am happy to deal with this via email

Also you have not answered any of the questions I asked and can I yet
    again remond you that for something to be an offence it must break a
    section of legislation. Also only a member of an Garda Siochana can
    deal with an offence and not a private company.

When you agree to pay the fee owed to me I will inform you where the
    device can be collected, the number supplied on your notice is no
    longer needed as it has already been removed.

Kind Regards

Quote:
    Gary,

This please consider this matter closed if you are not willing to provide the information requested.
    Quote:
    Hi Ray
    The matter cannot be closed as there is an outstanding bill owed to me. Also as I said the gardai have been informed of the illegal interference with my vehicle.
    From your refusal to acknowledge anything I have said it is clear to see you have no answers to the questions posed.
    Kind regards

What forum? That's my correspondence with poor aul Ray

Did they ever get back to you Gary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Did they ever get back to you Gary?

I kept trying to brown him and it turned into a running joke really, I'd mail at 7am or so before work and I'd get a reply about how I was an early riser type thing. I then ended up having a phone conversation with Ray after I was clamped again, this time I tried to drop the clamp back to the NCPS offices but they wouldn't let me in so I rang him.

We came to an amicable agreement that he would sort out my permit and I wouldn't be clamped in the meantime, then of course I was clamped again, twice. First time I hadn't time to feck about and couldn't get Ray on the phone so I got the consaw out but the second time I got Ray and he had it removed free of charge in less than 15 minutes :)

Haven't been clamped since and he sorted my permit so job done from my point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

Priceless correspondence with NCPS Gary 😄

They are some shower. They got me before and tried the usual "you can appeal it". Dont think so - they refused point blank.
    Going on my previous experiences with them I would just hack if off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

They wrongly clamped me too. They hadn't even authority to clamp in the car park! Of course, they demanded €120 plus the same fee per day and it was up to me to appeal after. No amount of convincing them otherwise.

I cut if off with a €22 euro grinder from b & q and left it there. I used mains from a local light fitting (not recommended unless you know what you are at). I purchased an inverter off ebay for €50 for the next time. Cheaper than buying a cordless one.

They collected it after a week, and emailed me a month later to say the case was considered closed. Gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

The lads had a field day up at the canal during the match

Clamp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Jasus, did all them not pay? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

The lads had a field day up at the canal during the match

Con Saw heaven:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,682 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭jd

Deank wrote: »
    Con Saw heaven:D
    Not a good idea - Dublin City Council.

jd wrote: »
    Not a good idea - Dublin City Council.

They must have been getting scumbag lessons off APOCA and NCPS.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

• Advertisement

BMJD wrote: »

Not worth a shìt I'm afraid, you'd be quicker with a hacksaw.

BMJD wrote: »

I'd rather spend 49 euro on vodka and then attempt to bite the chain in half...

In fairness my last mains operated angle grinder was from them and I couldn't fault it in the slightest. It only went in the bin because the shed became rotten and it got soaked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

billy2012 wrote: »
    From another forum - Great read.

Here's what I posted on another forum about it:

Well I was clamped (in the wrong) outside my apartment. We were informed that clamping had ceased in our complex and that permits were no longer being issued because they weren't required. Last week clamping started again without warning. For the purposes of this exercise I didn't tell NCPS I was clamped in the wrong not that it would have made any difference imo

So the following is my correspondence with them. Enjoy the read

Quote:
    A Chara

One of your immobilisation devices was attached to my vehicle on
    Saturday morning last, 7/7/12. This is deemed illegal under section
    113 of the road traffic Act, unauthorised interference with mechanism
    of vehicle without reasonable cause. The Law Society of Ireland have
    also said that in their opinion this is an illegal act.

So I have since removed the device myself and it is available for
    collection at your earliest convenience. However there is a storage
    fee of €25 per day and a removal fee of €50. So as of 8.30am 9/7/12
    the current balance owing is €75.

My phone number and email are listed above should you wish to make
    payment and collect the device.

If the device is not collected within 7 days it will be disposed of

Kind Regards

Quote:
    Gary

You currently owe €120 for the offence while parked illegally plus clamp damages if incurred.

Your mail below has been review and will be passed on to the Garda Síochána for follow up.

I can assure you that all vehicles immobilised are within the legal boundaries that apply to off-street car parking, all with contractual agreement with our clients.

All notice of terms and parking regulation are set out on signage throughout the car which gives those choosing to avail of parking on location an understanding of the full riggers of failure to comply.

As you have, by admission removed the clamp, presumably by criminal means then damage incurred while illegally removing the device will be imposed and sought, after review upon collection.

Furthermore, as you are now in possession of stolen property and using strangely compelling tactics to misappropriate money for stolen property, all further communications will be passed to the Gardaí for follow up.

Trust, we will be in contact with you shortly. However, if by, then you have chosen to dispose of the clamp as understood below, subsequently we will seek compensation on the back of this correspondence, which sets out your purpose and intent.

I can be contacted via mobile set out below for further resolve.

Quote:
    Hi Ray

You mention I owe €120 for an offence, you are aware that for something to be an offence it must be illegal under a section of legislation. For example, interfering with the mechanism of a vehicle is illegal under section 113 of the road traffic act.
    Also your assumption that I have damaged the clamp is a little off the mark, in fact I found it incredibly easy to remove without causing any damage to my vehicle or your device.

My mail has been sent for review? I have no issue with that, I will be reporting the illegal interference with my vehicle to the Gardai now that I have an actual name to give them rather than a company name.

You say you can assure me that all vehicles are immobilised within legal boundaries, may I remind you of the findings of the Law Society of Ireland? And may I yet again refer to section 113 0f the RTA? A sign does not allow a person to break the law. The fact you have a contractual agreement with a client or number of clients does not entitle you or anybody else to break any laws.

Moving on to your presumption that I have removed the clamp by causing criminal damage is as I said earlier way off the mark, also by immobilising my vehicle I am entitled to remove the device by any means necessary but for the purposes of keeping good faith and relations between me and my customer, which you are as you are availing of my storage I removed it without causing any harm. Also could you point me to the section of legislation which covers the 'illegal removal' of your device, I can't seem to find it in the statute book.

Furthermore you will find I am not in possession of stolen property, you or one of your employees working under your orders placed it in my possession when attaching it to my vehicle, I am being obligent by simply making it available for collection under certain terms, I am offended at your accusation of theft. I fail to see how I am using 'compelling tactics', your attempt to gain money by illegally immobilising my vehicle could be called extortion tactics could they not?

I do trust you will be in contact soon. If the 7 days are up and you are still deciding to dispute the charges owed to me for my service I will hold on to the device until this is resolved but the storage fee will rise by €5 every 7 days. So from Monday of Next week it will become €30 every day and the following week it will rise to €35 every day and so on

As of today the charge stands at €100 which is broken down as follows

Removal fee €50
    Storage @ €25 per day x 2 days €50

If these fees remain unpaid I will be seeking a judgement against NCPS for the full amount.

I accept cheque, credit card, debit card or cash.

Should you choose to pay by cheque the device will not be released until the cheque has cleared but I will store the device free of charge while waiting for the funds to clear.

I look forward to your response and prompt payment, I would hate for this to have to be dragged through the courts but if needs must that is the path I will go down

Kindest Regards
    Quote:
    Hi Gary

Please email me your phone number as it was not in your first email and your full postal address and the EN/ vehicle registration number in relation to your offence.

Kindest regards

Quote:
    Hi Ray

I am happy to deal with this via email

Also you have not answered any of the questions I asked and can I yet
    again remond you that for something to be an offence it must break a
    section of legislation. Also only a member of an Garda Siochana can
    deal with an offence and not a private company.

When you agree to pay the fee owed to me I will inform you where the
    device can be collected, the number supplied on your notice is no
    longer needed as it has already been removed.

Kind Regards

Quote:
    Gary,

This please consider this matter closed if you are not willing to provide the information requested.
    Quote:
    Hi Ray
    The matter cannot be closed as there is an outstanding bill owed to me. Also as I said the gardai have been informed of the illegal interference with my vehicle.
    From your refusal to acknowledge anything I have said it is clear to see you have no answers to the questions posed.
    Kind regards

May i ask what thread you got this off ??
    Thanks Great Read

• Registered Users Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

May i ask what thread you got this off ??
    Thanks Great Read
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79670427

I'm guessing the bottom sign says something along the lines of "no parking 6pm to 6am except buses".

Advertisement