Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cork youtuber buys Maserati

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭

So a cork youtuber has gone and brought a Maserati. Surely they don't get paid that well as a partner of youtube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cena wrote: »
    So a cork youtuber has gone and brought a Maserati. Surely they don't get paid that well as a partner of youtube

What ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm very confused Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

galwaytt wrote: »
    What ?

A cork man that is a vlogger on youtube can afford one them Maserati cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

A cork man that is a vlogger on youtube can afford one them cars.

I'm still not getting it. YT is only for poor people ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Any idea of their name? This thread is not very informative...
    I have an idea who it might be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A cork man that is a vlogger on youtube can afford one them Maserati cars.

Maybe he has other sources of income. Just sayin'

skip to 2mins 19

ow9654 wrote: »
    Any idea of their name? This thread is not very informative...
    I have an idea who it might be...

Last name is joly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Last name is joly

If it's Angelina she's definitely from the northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Oh right, was thinking of someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

ow9654 wrote: »
    Oh right, was thinking of someone else!

Sminky shorts? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

What the hell is that ****e, 25m channel views!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Can you make a post that clears up exactly what this thread is about

What the hell is that ****e, 25m channel views!?

It IS HARD to see what people see in them vids

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Well by looking at their statistics for that channel they are probably making around $160 a day off YouTube ad revenue and then they may be getting sponsored off companies. I wonder do they have other jobs or just live off YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's people like them that make me the spiteful, hateful person I am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I feel significantly stupider for having watched about 45 seconds of that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I feel significantly stupider for having watched about 45 seconds of that video.

Yes and the fact that we've given them 2 more precious views will have stroked his ego all the more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OK, your man sounds as though he's that kid's uncle and that the whole car thing is a cover. Also, I can't make out if she is Irish or American or Amerish.

Brain cell count is now lower, thanks cena :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Don't blame them, if he managed to make enough money to buy a Maserati I say fair play to him, blame the system and other people watching this kind of content.
    I don't blame Jedwards, I blame people paying to watch them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

They get paid 1$ for 1000 views if I am not mistaken...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Eh, whatever about the annoyance/enjoyable level you may feel about him, the biggest red flag to me was that he isn't using a camera mount in the car. The view is bopping around as he is driving, so no wonder he is in 2nd in the tunnel, he can't change because of the camera.

OK, your man sounds as though he's that kid's uncle and that the whole car thing is a cover. Also, I can't make out if she is Irish or American or Amerish.

Brain cell count is now lower, thanks cena :rolleyes:

She is from America

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

The bloke driving the Masser is Brendan Courtney, right?:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiNnRq8-5GSnpKe4aP-qvOQIqpi254iDmZjbjEatzjhpCW84wj

(He's the one on the left.;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I woke up one Sunday morning a few weeks ago and one of their videos was on my "trending" page on YouTube app.
    Feeling still unable to get out of bed I decided to watch their visit to a B&Q.
    He's an annoying b****x BUT he's an annoying b****x with a very hot moth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Maserati, Fiat..... Same thing..... Did they buy a Seicento?

This one has Maserati Biturbo wheels....
    00434.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Oh for f##k sake I should have known it was this set of bell-ends before I watched the vid, looks like I need another decontamination shower. If only there was a way to block certain youtube channels so that you never again have to be exposed to sh1te like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I still use the old YouTube app for iPhone to avoid the ads. And it seriously pisses me off when I see like 5 videos as the most watched thing in Ireland to do. The titles of the videos piss me off so much.

But the are managed by an la talent agency and get a majority of their views from Americans who like that simple, nothing to gain from watching this video tv

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

If you break it all down they are just a young couple starting a family and having a ball of a time doing it. So what if he doesn't fit into your set of parameters for what is an acceptable person.

Live and let live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So....

I'm lost. Are we outraged that someone bought a Maserati? Jelly? Happy?

Does it matter that they are a youtube content provider?

I'm going to go with jelly. Bastard. Wish I could afford one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement