Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Schmidt Tribute Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Was this after we had done well against Munster in Lansdowne?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭Buer

durkadurka wrote: »
    Was this after we had done well against Munster in Lansdowne?

Published the day after but clearly written before as it makes no reference to the actual events of the game itself.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    I just hope it all doesn't go horribly wrong with Ireland. So much more politics and old farts to deal with. The expectation and pressure on him will be huge from the get-go. Hope his legacy isn't ruined.

I'm skeptical of any sporting bodies in Ireland having interacted with two myself in a sporting and professional capacity.

That said - a lot of talk before Joe's appointment was that he wasn't willing to comply with certain traditions, one being the pre match IRFU briefing.

I only hope his deal with the IRFU was on whatever terms it takes to make our team perform to the best of their abilities, and not on the terms of some vested interests seeking to minimise losses or avoid gainful risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I recall Hook refusing to row back on his words even after the racing game.
    He said the only way Joe could prove he was a good coach was by winning the HEC.

A pretty high standard, I think you'll agree.

Nonetheless ....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The entire team has lost a defence coherence and organisation that had been there since Matt Williams and Alan Gaffney.

One suspects it is too late for Schmidt to get the team back on the rails. The Magners League is no barometer of Heineken Cup success but I suspect this is a coach that has lost the dressing-room. The last time I saw such a collective unwillingness to compete was Eddie O'Sullivan's Ireland at the last World Cup. It will require a stunning change in attitude for Leinster to qualify for the knock-out stages

tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ive been looking for that Hook article for ages! Thank You!

I actually kept the paper for a while.

Edit: is that the same article where he predicts only Munster would get out of their group when it was only munster who ended up NOT getting out of their group! :D

Advertisement