Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price sky tv and a free sky+ box vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Could someone PM me a voucher if they have them spare tks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hey need voucher, can someone PM? Thaks

You get sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Kingkong wrote: »
    Could someone PM me a voucher if they have them spare tks:)

Pm if you haven't already got one

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

2 left. PM if anyone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have 3 vouchers lying around at home, didn't realise there was any demand for 'em. If people are still looking for 'em and the other offerers are tapped out, PM and I'll dig them up when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Also have a few vouchers for anyone that needs them, pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

I also have vouchers if anyone would like them please PM. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭biddybops

Hi
    Just signed up to sky and emailed them when I noticed they had charged me for HD service. I only wanted the normal sky box not hd.
    I got an email back today stating that they don't provide the normal sky box anymore, only the hd one.
    I think there is an extra charge of approx €10 per month for this, so perhaps before you sign up, just double check with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

This isnt really a bargain. Girlfriend signed up to sky last week, got the free box and with a bit of a push got half price for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

it's a bargain for the existing subscribers that you give the referral code for though :)

@biddybops - surely you can still get the Standard def service with the HD box though, in which case the only charges should be the upfront charge for the box, which they've waived, and any setup charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

I have vouchers PM me if interested.

Banjo wrote: »
    it's a bargain for the existing subscribers that you give the referral code for though :)

@biddybops - surely you can still get the Standard def service with the HD box though, in which case the only charges should be the upfront charge for the box, which they've waived, and any setup charge?

I had ordered the standard box but noticed when I paid an extra charge was added on. I couldn't refresh the page to find out what the extra charge was for and it was only when I got an email from sky telling me I had ordered the hd box that I could then query it.
    I just think its bad practice and sky should remove the option for the standard box instead they just automatically bill you for an option you did not request.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

biddybops wrote: »
    I had ordered the standard box but noticed when I paid an extra charge was added on. I couldn't refresh the page to find out what the extra charge was for and it was only when I got an email from sky telling me I had ordered the hd box that I could then query it.
    I just think its bad practice and sky should remove the option for the standard box instead they just automatically bill you for an option you did not request.
    Was this you signing up as a new customer?

muffler wrote: »
    Was this you signing up as a new customer?

Yes.

Yes.
    Sky provide all new customers with HD boxes at no extra cost but you dont get the HD pack unless you specifically subscribe to it.

How were you charged extra exactly?

Sky provide all new customers with HD boxes at no extra cost but you dont get the HD pack unless you specifically subscribe to it.

How were you charged extra exactly?

It is an extra €10 (approx) per month for hd.

It is an extra €10 (approx) per month for hd.
    Just checked the website, they are still offering a choice of either sky+ or sky+ hd.
    If, as I have been informed, they don't provide the standard sky+ box, why is it still available on the website??

As I said it appears to be Sky's practice to supply all new customers with a Sky+ HD box when they sign up. The standard box (without + features) is available for multiroom only.

Im confused as to why you are being charged an additional €10 per month. There is no extra charge for the HD box but it seems as if you are paying a reduced sub (normally €15/month) for a HD subscription. Is the HD part of an offer or what?

As I said it appears to be Sky's practice to supply all new customers with a Sky+ HD box when they sign up. The standard box (without + features) is available for multiroom only.

Im confused as to why you are being charged an additional €10 per month. There is no extra charge for the HD box but it seems as if you are paying a reduced sub (normally €15/month) for a HD subscription. Is the HD part of an offer or what?

The email I got from sky stated that they were no longer providing the sky+ box, only the HD box. I see from sky, as you point out, the extra cost is €15 per month, not as I thought €10 per month!
    I see nothing on their website stating that a sky+ box is only available to multiroom customers.
    Perhaps you can tell me where I can find this as information as it contradicts the information I was given in the email?

I see nothing on their website stating that a sky+ box is only available to multiroom customers.
    I never said that.

What I did tell you, and this is based on my own personal experience and what has happened to friends and family together with what I've read on the satellite forum, is that Sky provide a HD box to all new subscribers. If you want multiroom also you get 2 boxes obviously - the main one is a Sky+ HD box and the box for multiroom is a standard definition box.

I cant tell you what or whats not on the Sky website. You need to take that up with them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

To clear things up for everybody:

All boxes Sky supply are HD boxes.The main box is Sky+ HD & any multiroom box unless specified by the customer (who will pay extra for any subsequent Sky+ HD boxes) is a HD box without a recording facility.

Sky+ HD Box
    dg80013.jpg

Sky HD (Multiroom) Box,doesn't record.
    Multiroom_Box_Detail.png_1629894828.png

Anyone who gets multiroom & the HD pack will automatically get the HD pack on the multiroom box at no extra charge.
    Customers are not obliged to take HD when signing up but seeing as it's a half price offer,people might as well to make the most of it.

zerks wrote: »
    To clear things up for everybody:

All boxes Sky supply are HD boxes.The main box is Sky+ HD & any multiroom box unless specified by the customer (who will pay extra for any subsequent Sky+ HD boxes) is a HD box without a recording facility.

Sky+ HD Box
    dg80013.jpg

Sky HD (Multiroom) Box,doesn't record.
    Multiroom_Box_Detail.png_1629894828.png

Anyone who gets multiroom & the HD pack will automatically get the HD pack on the multiroom box at no extra charge.
    Customers are not obliged to take HD when signing up but seeing as it's a half price offer,people might as well to make the most of it.

Seems to be some confusion regarding what I was saying, let me be clear about what happened:
    I did not want HD, I did not choose hd as an option.
    I wanted sky plus, sky transferred me onto a HD package.
    All I am saying is that people should check what they are signing up for.

Advertisement