Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAS Chief Quits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

ambo112 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ambulance-service-boss-quits-100k-post-after-just-two-years-29285806.html.

Looks like the rats are jumping the sinking ship, wonder who will take over???

The ship isn't quite sinking now is it? Sure it's the one state service that is still recruiting and still has internal promotions. The education side of the job is also doing very well with two advanced paramedic classes running each year, on top of ongoing upskilling and training of new paramedics.
    The ICV role is a huge step in moving forward and freeing up emergency ambulances. There has been significant investment in cars to boost the response car fleet. There is also the investment in the TETRA radio system.
    This week sees the advertised positions for the motorcycle response unit and car solo responder positions. Not too bad of a ship really when you look at the big picture.

The negatives. Cutbacks effecting certain stock and the big one of not covering shifts and the rolling closure of ambulance stations, all part of the huge cuts imposed by the current government.

As for Robert Morton quitting, is it not a temporary position he's taking up, which will then leave him free to return to his position in Ireland.
    I think Robert Kidd will be the man to fill Mr.Morton's shoes in the interim period.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

Negatives also include stations completely inadequate for the staff. Vehicles with over 300,000 on the clock. Insufficient uniform supply. Insufficient staffing numbers. Complete failure of HIQA response times. Shifts not being covered just to name a few.

I wonder if the new director will continue the same approach or change things up completely...

Interesting days ahead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

What are these solo car responders that you mentioned?

Any links please?

What are these solo car responders that you mentioned?

Any links please?

Advertised per region and open to all NAS Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics.
    The positions are not open to the general public, you must be a Paramedic or Advanced Paramedic currently employed by the National Ambulance Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ambo112

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Advertised per region and open to all NAS Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics.
    The positions are not open to the general public, you must be a Paramedic or Advanced Paramedic currently employed by the National Ambulance Service.

I haven't seen this advert, any link or more info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

From what i've seen advertised: motorcycle response unit based out of cherry orchard & a midland based rrv. Also positions for edenderry amb stn going 24/7 in july.

amb112's dead right tho, A&E motors are in an absolute state! most are 6\7 yr old with huge miles, completely unreliable, very day its a boost pipe or turbo/ high oil temp or blown engine. The saloons are in bad state of repairs as there is only so many times you can fix them back together. By years end\new year NAS is going to have a very big fleet problem!

as for the uniform :o makes me cry inside.

ambo112 wrote: »
    I haven't seen this advert, any link or more info?

They were advertised by email and station notice boards in various regions around the country using the old regions, North East, Midland etc.

Regarding the condition of some ambulances. I do agree that there are some in need of replacing. But it is very important to add that the official vehicle defect forms must be used and the data be input into the fleet wave management system when reporting a defect, otherwise there are no records of defects.
    I still see staff submitting defect information by simply scrawling it onto a piece of blank paper.

The WAS Mercedes are really showing that the build quality is not up to much. Bring back the Wilker Ford which in my opinion are much better quality.

Advertisement