Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Autosmart Products

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

For many years I've been using Autoglym products with a few exceptions like Meguiars Endurance tyre dressing, Menzerna polish and Chemical Guys Jetseal 109.
    Unfortunately for me,and probably for many of you, circumstances dictate that every cent counts, and therefore I embarked on a search to get better value for my money.(This doesn't mean I'm a tight git OR that I would buy any old sh1te just to save money.)

Anyway,bit the bullet last week, and found out who the Autosmart rep for my area was,rang him,told him what I was looking for,and got some prices off him.

About three hours later the Autosmart truck,which is actually a mobile showroom, rocks up to my house.
    Here's what I bought;

[IMG][/img]imagenkjk.jpg

The 5L Finish which is an interior vinyl and plastic dressing that smells brilliant,cost €30.This dilutes 1:1 for a matt finish, so you end up with 10l for €30.

5L Concentrated Wheel Cleaner was about €20-this dilutes down 1:4 and is non-acidic, unlike the AG one I had been using.

5L Glass Glow was €24 - goes on lighter than the AG glass polish with less dust and doesn't smell of ammonia,or cat pee as my wife calls it.This is the equivalent of over 15 bottles of the AG stuff @ €135 in Halfords.

5l Highstyle tyre and trim dressing was €30 - the equivalent of 10.5 bottles of Endurance in Halfords @ over €125:eek:

The tub of Wax was €28 and a single coat gives a lovely wet look finish.

The Blast aerosol was about €3,but I gave it a tiny dart in the house and we nearly had to evacuate! Nice scent but Christ is it strong!

I'll report back on the durability of the wax and tyre dressing at a later date,but with that kind of value for money,it's a no brainer for those of us who are financially challenged.

Btw, the rep for my part of South Dublin is a chap based in Carlow called Scott.He also covers Kildare,Wicklow,Wexford and Kilkenny AFAIR.
    The lad that covers the rest of Dublin is called Clive - I don't know the counties he covers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Handy to know, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 al556

well pal how are u was just wondering if u would have a contact number for scot as I am looking for price lists for my self thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

PM sent to you al556!

As I said in the PM, you won't get better value for money and they have a massive range of products that are tried and tested and being used by thousands of valeters/detailers for quite a while now.

Good luck with your new business venture, and don't be afraid to reach out if you have any further questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 al556

no problem thanks for all your help and I will stay in contact with u thanks very mutch

As he's a rep, did he have any issue dealing with you at all (ie; a Joe Soap instead of a registered business). Was VAT charged separately or such?

• Advertisement

Each Autosmart rep is a self-employed franchisee - they buy the franchise off Autosmart, so it's up to the individuals themselves whether they want to deal with the trade only, or whether they also retail to the public.
    From what I can see, they have absolutely no problem dealing with Joe Public or his wife Mary Bloggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Coincidentally I saw a truck today with AutoSmart branding just south of Cork City, it had "Crowley Chemicals" on the cab doors.

Might be of interest to those in the south

Must be this crowd, http://crowley-group.com/chemicals/

@Stam: PM sent!

@Fullerr: PM sent.

I feel like Sue in the Autosmart section over on Detailing World!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roller_coaster

Hi randy any chance you could pm me Scott's number cheers

• Advertisement

PM sent to you there now roller_coaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roller_coaster

Cheers Randy for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

How are these products holding up for durability?

vectra wrote: »
    How are these products holding up for durability?

I stripped my own car down and gave it two coats of Autosmart Wax back in October, which has lasted through the winter up until the start of February - so not bad when you consider I snow foam and wash it on average ever 10-14 days.

I treated the bumper plastics on the FIL's Mark IV Golf with AS Highstyle around last June, and looking at them now, by my standards they could do with another touch up, but they're still better than they were originally.

FWIW I've noticed that there is a fair degree of hydrophobicity on any glass that I've used the Autosmart Glass Glow on, which lasts for quite a few washes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 outlaw star

randy can you pm me his number too, id like to get some g101 stuff off him, do you reckon then would go as far as Westmeath to sell the stuff ?

randy can you pm me his number too, id like to get some g101 stuff off him, do you reckon then would go as far as Westmeath to sell the stuff ?

PM sent there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mikeyboo

hi,does anyone no if he comes to tipp or who is the tipp area rep?

Not sure which rep covers Tipp, but I'll PM you Scott's number and he'll tell you who it is.

PM sent there now Mickeyboo!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mikeyboo

PM sent there now Mickeyboo!

cheers lad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

Hi could someone send me the reps number I need some highstyle

I just sent you a PM there now Brains55.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

I just sent you a PM there now Brains55.

Thanks randy really appreciate that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr v8

Can i have the contact number for this franchisee please

PM sent to you mr v8.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

PM sent to you mr v8.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Can I have his number.Lost his business card.thanks.

bars wrote: »
    Can I have his number.Lost his business card.thanks.

PM sent there now Bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 autohub

Hi randy, can you pm me Scott's number

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi randy, can you pm me number for Dublin based rep please.

• Advertisement

Done and done!

Advertisement