Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Tea - Pros & Cons

Options
  • 19-05-2013 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Just started on Chinese Green Tea by Robert Roberts & I'm having no problems with the taste....

I am having a mild case of diarrhea about an hour after consuming which stops...

Wondering is this normal when starting to use this tea & basically what's good/bad about green tea when having a cup every day?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I am unaware of any laxative effects of green tea, and I might drink 4 cups in a morning.

The taste, however, try a different brand, takes a while to acquire a taste for green tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I am unaware of any laxative effects of green tea, and I might drink 4 cups in a morning.

The taste, however, try a different brand, takes a while to acquire a taste for green tea
    Cheers..
    im having no issues with taste or the effects of the mild diarrhea now.

Really enjoying the beverage after a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

doesnt caffeine have a laxative effect? OP could be the higher caffeine was causing it. But seems to have solved itself.

Try it with a slice of lemon or ginger. that makes for a different flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

doesnt caffeine have a laxative effect? OP could be the higher caffeine was causing it. But seems to have solved itself.

Try it with a slice of lemon or ginger. that makes for a different flavour.

Green tea is quite low in caffeine though.
    +1 for the lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

most of that bagged green tea tastes rubbish and if you let it steep for more than 2mins it tastes really bitter and just ends up burning the tea.

Japanese green tea ftw from the asian market drury street
    http://www.asiamarket.ie/

or better is

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/le-palais-des-th%C3%A9s-dublin-2

but the japanese tea there can get really expensive but tates wayy better

• Advertisement

Slice of Lemon has gone down a real treat - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Cheers..
    im having no issues with taste or the effects of the mild diarrhea now.

I'd be worried if you have no issues with the taste of diarrhea!

VonLuck wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

VonLuck wrote: »

post of the day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

i drink bout 4 cups of green tea a day! havent had any adverse reactions to it haha I use the Barry's Tea-Bags and find it nice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

gregers85 wrote: »
    i drink bout 4 cups of green tea a day! haven't had any adverse reactions to it haha I use the Barry's Tea-Bags and find it nice!!

I drink Barrys Organic Green Tea. I really enjoy having it, and have had no side effects. Its really nice instead of a cup of tea, and you feel great after having it. It does wonders for your skin as well

Advertisement