Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tomorrow People [CW - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I presume it's a "re-imagining" of the old BBC show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This looks like good fun!....X-Men, Jumper, Wanted......:)

poster.JPEG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I presume it's a "re-imagining" of the old BBC show?

It was a ITV show AFAIK, It was thier attempt at a Dr. Who kids/adults crossover Sc-Fi show.

there was also a short lived 90's remake I vaugly remember as a kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The more i see the more i like this show, its the frontrunner for me of the new CW pilots, i dont consider The Originals a new show as its a spinoff.
    Mark Pellegrino...nuff said, Peyton List....its Lucy from Smallville!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey) will voice computer Tim

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

First episode is out now. I haven't taken a chance on any new shows yet this season so gave it a watch. I wasn't expecting much, this type of premise often turns out bad, and I'm not a huge fan of the CW, but it's actually pretty good. Production values are pretty decent, some decent special effects etc. Acting seems to be of a good enough standard. The story hits some of the cliches that you'd expect right from the start, but shuns a few others, and seems to work in interesting ways.

I'll be looking forward to seeing more from this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

alot happened in the first ep, alot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭squonk

Have to catchup on Ep 2 just yet but the pilot showed promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Worst name for a show ever, but I've watched the first two and it shows promise.
    Mark Pellegrino adds a nice bit of weight to it.

About to watch the second episode, but I found the first to have surprisingly high production values. The teleporting fights were well done and choreographed. It looked like Buffy if she had a Portal gun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good god, nearly had a heart attack reading the tite and thinking it was the 70's and I was 6 again. :) On nostalgia alone I'll probably have a look at this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Got to admit this is a grower if tad obvious at times but one of the better new shows this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

I've watched the 1st two episodes and am yet to be won over.
    Looks like a cross between Heroes and Dark Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

sioda wrote: »
    Got to admit this is a grower if tad obvious at times but one of the better new shows this year

Same here, although where have i heard that story before on working with the enemy to find out more info on the missing parent(s) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

the person behind ultra seems very powerful, could it be his father ?

mafaa wrote: »
    the person behind ultra seems very powerful, could it be his father ?

You wouldnt know, as his uncle/Jedakiah had said he didnt listen
    & now he's dead, maybe he's in a different form now, gone to the darkside, perhaps?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jane from Mad Men is looking hot

Skerries wrote: »
    Jane from Mad Men is looking hot

Yeah i know, although never watched Mad Men, but looking up her IMDB page, she was in FlashForward in '09!

Here she is

Is there a large shipping for Cara and Stephen :confused: no need for the love triangle here imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

You wouldnt know, as his uncle/Jedakiah had said he didnt listen
    & now he's dead, maybe he's in a different form now, gone to the darkside, perhaps?
    :rolleyes:

how is this us remake compare to the original ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This is on E4 at the moment: Ep. 2 is on tonight and a couple more times over the week, plus Ep. 1 is on 4OD at the moment.

I watched the first episode last week and will see the 2nd tonight: hasn't really "grabbed" me yet.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

This is one of the shows I'd forgotten about but noticed it on Hulu and figured I'd give it a go. Only watched the first episode but liked what I saw. The pace was a little slow but I can forgive that given that it had a lot to get through. Going to get caught up over the weekend as there's a lot of potential in the set up and the villain is played by one of TV's most underrated and talented actors.

This is one of the shows I'd forgotten about but noticed it on Hulu and figured I'd give it a go. Only watched the first episode but liked what I saw. The pace was a little slow but I can forgive that given that it had a lot to get through. Going to get caught up over the weekend as there's a lot of potential in the set up and the villain is played by one of TV's most underrated and talented actors.

I agree about Mark Pellegrino

Jedikiah and John are the only characters than interest me

Anybody still watching? It's totally disposable TV, but it's very entertaining (the latest episode had a great surprise ending).

A cancellation is likely, so let's hope the last 2 episodes give some closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Mr E wrote: »
    Anybody still watching?
    I had to give up on it about 5 or 6 episodes ago, just couldn't take any more.

Still following it, it's been ramping up a good bit over the last few episodes and I think the last 2 will be pretty good.

I wouldn't be too upset to see it cancelled, but it would be nice if it wasn't and it feels like one of those shows that isn't very popular but manages to get a few seasons just to fill space on the calendar.

A couple of really great episodes in a row. Loved the end of last nights one, should shake things up nicely and lead to a pretty epic finale.

Yeah I loved the ending too - I wouldn't have seen that coming a week ago.
    Probably the last ever episode on Monday, so let's see how it all ends.

• Advertisement

Glad I never bothered with this when it was airing week to week, going to spread it out over the next month or so when everything else ends. It looks and feels like the kind of show that someone who suffers from severe migraines can use to hide from the sun.

Advertisement