Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 7, Episode 13 - "The Name of the Doctor" - No Spoilers until episode airs plz!

Options
  • 12-05-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

*** MOD NOTE - Apparently there has been a number of series 7 DVD's that have gotten out in the US that include the as yet un-aired final episode.

Until the episode is officially shown on tv please do not post any spoilers that come out as a result of the early release here. Speculation on what may happen is as usual ok but please use discretion and spoiler tags as necessary.

Anyone who posts a spoiler without making sure it cannot be accidentally viewed WILL be banned from the forum for a prolonged period of time. This is your ONLY warning ***

Usually just read these threads rather than post so I hope its not cheeky to start off the thread. Anyways, I've just seen the official prequel and couldn't resist. Tis all very exciting.

And for good measure here's the trailer too :D

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Who was the idiot decided to book holidays abroad spanning next weekend?

Me, that's who!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

This episode could leak before Saturday,
    BBC America sent out the dvd/blu-ray sets early with this one included :eek:

http://untempered-schism-insta.tumblr.com/post/50255139345/so-did-anyone-else-get-their-pre-order-early

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Ok I watch the trailer couple of times .

A couple of things I notice , if you pause it you can at 6 seconds , it looks like roses in Clara's eyes, at 12 second , it looks the same effect that is used for regeneration, or when Rose looked in to heart of Tardis . Also it seem as through out time there been a different Clara, on look like she from the 60s -70s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, something's not right, I didn't start this thread.
    *DOES NOT COMPUTE*
    :eek::D

I think the biggest clue about Clara came from this the prequel tbh; that Clara has been exactly what the Doctor needed; she has been perfect for him. You wonder if she has been too perfect perhaps, that she has been some form of construct, either as a trap for the Doctor, or something to keep him on the straight & narrow.
    This episode could leak before Saturday,
    BBC America sent out the dvd/blu-ray sets early with this one included :eek:

http://untempered-schism-insta.tumblr.com/post/50255139345/so-did-anyone-else-get-their-pre-order-early

If this is true, then I think the Mods should come down hard on anyone who posts spoilers in this thread before next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

pixelburp wrote: »
    If this is true, then I think the Mods should come down hard on anyone who posts spoilers in this thread before next Saturday.

I can tell you this now, if I end up having to read any spoilers about next weeks episode because someone has posted them here without (at the very least) putting them in spoiler tags and posting a big BIG warning that person WILL be banned from the forum for a period of time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Wait, something's not right, I didn't start this thread.
    *DOES NOT COMPUTE*
    :eek::D

Sorry I couldn't resist :D I've just realised that I may have disrupted the space time continuum and untold chaos will now ensue :( Oh well, once I get to see Saturday's episode everything will be grand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Gambler wrote: »
    I can tell you this now, if I end up having to read any spoilers about next weeks episode because someone has posted them here without (at the very least) putting them in spoiler tags and posting a big BIG warning that person WILL be banned from the forum for a period of time...

May I suggest banning until the 100th anniversary episode, that'll definitely learn them.

Thanks for the heads up on the possible leak though, will know to be extra careful on the internet for the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

From the Dr Who twitter
    Some US DVDs of this series have gone out early. The #DoctorWho team would be hugely grateful if fans helped keep spoilers off the net.
    Steven Moffat has promised if fans help keep the finale’s secrets, we’ll release a special video featuring Matt & David right after the ep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That's a pretty clever idea. Don't see it working, but quite clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's definitely leaked. It'll probably be best just avoiding everything that references Doctor Who for the next 6 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Perhaps the opening post should be edited to contain the appropriate dire warnings? Just in case & so those who might spoil can't say they weren't warned...

However as speculation is ok, it looks like those eagle-eyed denizens of the internet spotted something very interesting in the background of the TV trailer!

http://observationdeck.io9.com/there-could-be-something-amazing-hidden-in-next-weeks-503083269

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1000. While I love the interconnectedness/instant gratification of the world today, I equally miss my 8 year old self awaiting the Dr Who(and others) cliffhanger resolution back in the day. :(
    Oh feck. :eek: Maybe I am onto something in another thread here.
    It has been alluded that she's met him before...

You know what the 8 year old in me hopes we're all wrong. Can't speak for others, but I'll be avoiding google + Dr Who for the next week anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The problem with the leaked episodes is people who watch then go on threads and post what happens in the form of "guesses". See it a lot on Game of Thrones threads.

Perhaps the opening post should be edited to contain the appropriate dire warnings? Just in case & so those who might spoil can't say they weren't warned...
    In fairness we have a specific section of the charter related to spoilers and generally speaking there's a good sort that hangs out around here so I'm hoping there's no complete numpties stupid enough to go posting something so obviously wrong without taking great care...

If anyone is stupid enough then they deserve the damn ban and my eternal hatred because as a mod I'll have no choice but to read the damn thing before I ban their asses..:p
    However as speculation is ok, it looks like those eagle-eyed denizens of the internet spotted something very interesting in the background of the TV trailer!

http://observationdeck.io9.com/there-could-be-something-amazing-hidden-in-next-weeks-503083269
    Oh. My. God. I consider myself quite the Whovian but someone has some serious time on their hands to have made all of those connections from such a minuscule fraction of footage!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The problem with the leaked episodes is people who watch then go on threads and post what happens in the form of "guesses". See it a lot on Game of Thrones threads.
    Yeah I hate that stuff, I read all the books long before the series was made but I would never DREAM of spoiling the upcoming plot for anyone who's watching the series first.

I have the say the thing that really bugs me spoiler wise is the BBC website - I can't tell you the number of times I've opened BBC news to see an entertainment headline that spoils something major in a series like Who.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Assuming anyone that got the dvd early are doctor who fans then really they should have rivers voice warning about spoilers in their head from the 2nd they seen the box! :D
    Seriously though so excited for next week.
    also though wonder if the leaked dvds is the reson most sites for watching doctor who on appear to be reviewing any series 7 eps online.

Then again being fans of Who we're well used to spoilers when we're told months in advance of either the companion(s) or the Doctor being changed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Actually, I was wrong about it leaking. Reports coming in that whatever's showing up on torrent-sites is just the guff from the usual trolls/phishers.

It's about a day in and they've kept the actual product off the 'net, which is a miracle in this age.

[...]

Oh. My. God. I consider myself quite the Whovian but someone has some serious time on their hands to have made all of those connections from such a minuscule fraction of footage!
    I know, right? How anyone noticed it in the first place is beyond me, but I guess there are more dedicated people out there than us poor souls :D

If it's true, I suspect the clip will be brief, a simple easter-egg for Classic fans; otherwise I find it hard to believe how they'd make it work in a more prolonged clip: it'd be difficult to marry the relatively lo-res film footage with the HD digital work of the modern show.

Ha, that's funny, because I got banned from the GoT forum for making guesses based on the TV series alone & was accused of being a filthy book-reading spoilertron from Mars. That forum is completely paranoid atm. Most regular posters I see around here seem fairly chilled out though so I don't think we should be too worried about the leaks appearing in this thread </famous last words>.

And if they do, might I recommend a punishment akin to the one given to the Family of Blood back in series 3? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know, right? How anyone noticed it in the first place is beyond me, but I guess there are more dedicated people out there than us poor souls :D

If it's true, I suspect the clip will be brief, a simple easter-egg for Classic fans; otherwise I find it hard to believe how they'd make it work in a more prolonged clip: it'd be difficult to marry the relatively lo-res film footage with the HD digital work of the modern show.

I didn't notice the trees, but I did notice the yellow thing and knew what it was. I'll put it down to the fact that I'm reading a 3rd Doctor story at the moment. :)

Also, on Wibbs' guessing:
    I think he's definitely on to something. Because in the short trailer I'm pretty sure we can see Clara jumping into the Tardis' golden time energy thingie at the end of it.

Also Wibbs, why do I get get an image of you as an 8 year old with a full beard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ha, that's funny, because I got banned from the GoT forum for making guesses based on the TV series alone & was accused of being a filthy book-reading spoilertron from Mars. That forum is completely paranoid atm. Most regular posters I see around here seem fairly chilled out though so I don't think we should be too worried about the leaks appearing in this thread </famous last words>.
    I didn't see you get banned there but whenever you finish the books, take a look through the readers threads on the episodes. When people were accusing you of such, quite a few of us defended you based on your postings in this forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's sooooo sad. :eek: Like using google/wikipedia as memory, thought and brains.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Also, on Wibbs' guessing:
    I think he's definitely on to something. Because in the short trailer I'm pretty sure we can see Clara jumping into the Tardis' golden time energy thingie at the end of it.
    Well I dunno. I think all I can tell you is I've never been right before with my guesses so this would be a first. :D
    Also Wibbs, why do I get get an image of you as an 8 year old with a full beard?
    Strong drink taken?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's sooooo sad. :eek: Like using google/wikipedia as memory, thought and brains.

Another example that, thankfully, Doctor Who can't use is with shows like Boardwalk Empire or Spartacus, based on history. Where people don't spoiler things because since everyone apparently knows what happened. I know I have nothing better to do than learn the entire history of Spartacus or prohibition era Atlantic City. :rolleyes:

Another example that, thankfully, Doctor Who can't use is with shows like Boardwalk Empire or Spartacus, stupendously loosely based on history.
    FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭flazio

In relation to getting leaks from America, lets not forget here that Star Trek into Darkness has screened over here but doesn't open in the US until this weekend. They spoil us and we tell them that
    Sherlock Kills Mickey
    :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hmmm. There's a torrent on a certain popular torrent site. What's the bets it's a horrible nasty fake? No comments on it yet.

Most seem to be fakes. I haven't one yet anyway....

<_<
    >_>
    <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Thats its I'm unplugging the Internet after seeing this picture pop up without warning. I'm putting the link here if someone wants to be spoiled Mods just delete if I'm breaking rules

Edit This is a BBC America Promo Picture that was posted on a few Doctor Who Websites this morning without warning its one of a few promo pictures but this is the one getting posted around forums and places . Be careful and avoid promo pictures from BBC America if you don't want it saturday spoiled even the episode descprion from BBC America give to much information

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Thats its I'm unplugging the Internet after seeing this picture pop up without warning. I'm putting the link here if someone wants to be spoiled Mods just delete if I'm breaking rules

Can you confirm if that link is to something from the unreleased DVD please so we can warn people before they click through and spoil it for themselves too by mistake?

• Advertisement

OK, we're all like a bunch of cats on a hot tin roof here. I've updated the first post and I would ask that if you are going to post something from the new episode here that is a definite spolier then please make sure to put it in tags and put a nice CLEAR warning that it is a definite spoiler before it so that someone doesn't read it by mistake.

For pictures use URLS rather than embedded pictures again with nice big clear warnings before hand.

Most of us want to see the final episode without having to worry about being accidentally exposed to any spoilers and I'd like to keep this a safe place for us all until the weekend rolls around thank you very much.

Oh and as a general suggestion if you don't want to see any spoilers I would suggest you need to stay off facebook, twitter and any other social media websites where other peoples posts are shoved in your face willy nilly! - Yes, that's right I said willy nilly!

Advertisement