Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F9 - anyone willing to share revision plan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I've been concentrating on the theory for the last couple of hours

I guess just be very confident in NPV's, be able to calculate the cost of debt for bonds, and cost of equity with capm - be comfortable with WACC and getting the market values of the debt and equity to use in the formula.

Be able to explain the steps for risk adjusting a discount rate for a project outside of the normal business risk of the company (de-gear, re-gear, CAPM)

Always be sure you're using the after tax costs of debt Kd(1-T) - watch out in case the question has already given you the after tax cost - although i can't see any more than half a mark being lost if you used the wrong cost of debt - it's all method, the marking schemes are all aimed at method.

And the theory, go over past papers for all the part c's and d's that ask a question like "what are the aims of working capital management and how do they conflict?" - liquidity vs profitability, the strategies of aggressive, conservative and moderate/matching.

You'll be fine though, and hopefully tomorrow is your last exam of the summer too? Have a deserved few drinks in the sun tomorrow evening!

Best of luck! I'm sure I'll be back here tomorrow to discuss how it went!

There are some questions in the past papers that completely threw me, and I hope nothing like them come up. I'm very confident on the bulk of the questions - but all it takes is one of the ones i'm not happy with to come up. It's a risk.

Once tomorrow morning hits, that's me done with study. I get too nervous if I have a look at books the morning of the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Thanks for the advice! Yeah thank god its the last for summer. I had a look through the past papers there and was the same a couple of the questions threw me but I think I have the theory part in my head ok now. Well very best of luck tomorrow and hopefully we will get a good paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Well.... I thought it was ok.

Didn't like q4 and kicking myself re q1 as I read about the fisher formula last nite and today but could I remember it! Nope

After looking at OT I realise that I forgotten to include the bank loan in the wacc

Ah well. Sitting in the hair dressers now getting my hair done for tonight!

Enjoy! !

Q4 was tough actually, and I hadn't gotten a lot done for exchange risk, thank God that was such a small part of the question it came up in!! Thought the rest was actually really ok, I'm much more confident in that than F7!
    If I pass both i think I'm going to home study the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

Hiya I thought question 4 was hard too but the rest was grand. Im definitely more confident about that one than I am about f7 too. At least I got time to go over the answers with f9! Im now suffering today with an outrageous hangover but it was worth it. Dont know what to do with myself in the evenings now! I have studied all so far at home just did a revision course for f6 but done the rest at home. Hopefully onto the p papers in dec and will also do them at home.

Advertisement