Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDR Problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Effects wrote: »
    "If an image is worth a thousand words, imagine what seven images are worth." Brian Matiash

7000?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is he talking about the same image seven times over, with differing exposure values?
    then it's the same 1000 words, with an extra three words per extra image; so 1018 words in total.
    that's a pretty poor marginal return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

HDR is done best when you can't say its an HDR image. It looks like a normal photograph but with more dynamic rage.

If the photograph makes your eyes bleed, then you're doing HDR wrong!

BTW I love this reddit site: http://www.reddit.com/r/shttyHDR (left out a letter in the url to avoid the censor but you can figure out what's missing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

BTW I love this reddit site: http://www.reddit.com/r/shttyHDR (left out a letter in the url to avoid the censor but you can figure out what's missing)

HAHahahah I'm crying with laughter, but crying tears of BLOOD because of the effect the shots are having on my retinas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

sweet jeebus. Pullandbang, look away ! LOOK AWAY NOW !

Great quote though. It reminds me of that piss take Gillette piece from years back where they were extolling the benefits of 5 blades. Then Gillette went and actually did it. And irony died.

Bahh my eyes, the goggles do nothing for them!

Im going to HDR the fook out of all my images for peoples photography.....for the laugh like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Bahh my eyes, the goggles do nothing for them!

Im going to HDR the fook out of all my images for peoples photography.....for the laugh like :)

They'll probably sell like hot cakes.

-edit-

Actually that's a really stupid saying. I actually know of NOWHERE that sells hot cakes, in any quantities whatsoever, let alone enormous masses of them. I do know a lot of places that sell OTHER varieties of cake however. Mostly, other differences aside, cold cakes.

So, to amend my above,

"They'll probably sell like cold cakes. Or 'cakes' as we like to call them"

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Wow some really harsh comments and feelings towards HDR :-(

I happen to like it, I like to effect it gives. Obviously it has been misused hugely (I've have been a culprit of that) But Its a poor workman that blames his tools.

Obviously some of the sites listed above are taking extreme cases (and in some cases the Photos were actually not that bad), But a Sh*t photo is a Sh*t photo, does not matter if its in HDR or not...

I wonder if there is a equivalent site of just sh*t photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

HDR is done best when you can't say its an HDR image. It looks like a normal photograph but with more dynamic rage.

But does that photo exist? Can somebody show me an example of a HDR photo with improved dynamic range but none of the associated weirdness/hyper-realism of HDR?

Serious question - I want to know if it's actually possible to do this using the current software. The only examples of this effect that I've seen (AFAIK) have been done manually in Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Advertisement