Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legends [TNT - US]

Options
  • 09-05-2013 1:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

So....does Sean Bean die in this :confused:

Meh....pass.

TNT has greenlit the suspenseful spy drama Legends, starring Screen Actors Guild Award® winner Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings). TNT has ordered 10 episodes of the series, which is being produced by Fox 21. Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24), Alexander Cary (Homeland, Lie to Me) and Jonathan Levin (Charmed) serve as executive producers, along with showrunners Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, the creators of Sleeper Cell. Jeffrey Nachmanoff (Traitor, The Day After Tomorrow) and Mark Bomback (LIve Free or Die Hard) serve as consulting producers. The pilot was directed and executive-produced David Semel (Heroes, Person of Interest) and written by Nachmanoff, who developed the story with Gordon and Bomback.

Set to premiere on TNT in 2014, Legends is based on the award-winning book by master spy novelist Robert Littell, whose CIA novel The Company served as the basis for TNT’s acclaimed 2007 miniseries. In Legends, Bean stars as Martin Odum, an undercover agent working for the FBI’s Deep Cover Operations (D.C.O.) division. Martin has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a completely different person for each job. But he begins to question his own identity when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn’t the man he believes himself to be.

Legends also stars Ali Larter (Heroes) as Crystal Quest, a fellow operative who has a history with Martin and is uneasy about his return to D.C.O.; Rob Mayes (The Client List, John Dies at the End) as Troy Quinn, a former Special Ops agent with a single-minded mission-first mentality; Tina Majorino (Grey’s Anatomy, True Blood) as Maggie Harris, the newest member of the DCO team; Steve Harris (The Practice, Awake) as Nelson Gates, the director of the DCO Task Force; and Amber Valletta (Revenge) as Sonya Odum, Martin’s ex-wife; and Lux Haney Jardine (Abraham Lincon: Vampire Hunter) as Martin’s pre-teen son, Aiden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounds good but I'm becoming wary of Sean Bean at this point. He seems to be the perennial 'one season man' really. Game of Thrones anyone? Ok, that was planned but there was also Missing as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I give Sean Bean's character 3 episodes before he's killed off... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement

the pilot is now available on usu source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone watch the pilot? Though it was pretty good myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I liked it but the whole premise has been done before; the series was with a black ops department who had a boy who could place himself in the shoes of someone else with a elderly doctor and a young lady chasing him (and finding out about her own father as the series progressed) but I can't recall the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Would that be The Pretender ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115320/ )you're thinking of?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

JohnK wrote: »
    Would that be The Pretender ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115320/ )you're thinking of?
    Indeed; so far everything here appears to be a setup for running a similar story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Potential!

I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Close your eyes at the start, and Bryan Cranston could be playing Sean Beans part.

didn't find the pilot interesting, but will remain hopeful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very enjoyable.

Lots of potenial just hope the show runners know where they want to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

We enjoyed it , and it's got Deb from Napoleon Dynamite in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just saw the 1st episode there, and I quite liked it. Going to watch the 2nd one now, and see if the momentum is carried.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh hell yeah! Looking good. Episode three should be smooth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't wait to hear his Liverpool accent :)

This looks like its going to be a fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like how they're giving the show some breathing room - they're not cramming a story into one episode.

Really enjoyed the three episodes to date though the decision to take a week long break so early is ridiculous. It's a show which would seem to work best when viewed one after another and as such the weekly gap is rather irritating but a two week gap is inexcusable.

Legends reminds me of a less jovial Human Target and it does feel like a show that could do with an injection of humour. Far as I can tell the only attempt at some levity thus far has been the truly awful names picked for Bean's legends. The show is one of those formulaic yet flashy thrillers that's more concerned with fancy camera work than it is writing. That's not to say that the writing her is poor, it's perfectly acceptable and Bean is one of those actors whom can make any line work and he's the real draw here. There's something incredibly charismatic about him and he fits in well here, especially when he's allowed to poke a little fun at himself.

I can't see Legends ever growing into must watch TV but for some light entertainment it's the perfect fodder to throw on after a long day. There's nothing challenging here and it does little that hasn't been done before but sometimes there's nothign better than a show that knows what it wants to do and delivers on the promise. Legends is familiar yet as it's comfortable with us knowing that it manages to be damn good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Really enjoyed the three episodes to date though the decision to take a week long break so early is ridiculous. It's a show which would seem to work best when viewed one after another and as such the weekly gap is rather irritating but a two week gap is inexcusable.

Legends reminds me of a less jovial Human Target and it does feel like a show that could do with an injection of humour. Far as I can tell the only attempt at some levity thus far has been the truly awful names picked for Bean's legends. The show is one of those formulaic yet flashy thrillers that's more concerned with fancy camera work than it is writing. That's not to say that the writing her is poor, it's perfectly acceptable and Bean is one of those actors whom can make any line work and he's the real draw here. There's something incredibly charismatic about him and he fits in well here, especially when he's allowed to poke a little fun at himself.

I can't see Legends ever growing into must watch TV but for some light entertainment it's the perfect fodder to throw on after a long day. There's nothing challenging here and it does little that hasn't been done before but sometimes there's nothign better than a show that knows what it wants to do and delivers on the promise. Legends is familiar yet as it's comfortable with us knowing that it manages to be damn good fun.

?? Fourth episode is available.

Must have been on elsewhere then as it wasn't supposed to be on this week and Franklin and Bash had an in episode ad for it to air next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fourth episode is top notch television

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The first season of TNT’s Sean Bean fronted drama series Legends will receive its UK premiere on Wednesday September 17th at 10pm

Have to say that I'm really enjoying this, it's one of those rare shows that's content to let it's stories play out and isn't hindered by having to conveniently warp everything up in 42 minutes. The way they have meshed the story of the week into the overall arc is nicely done and allows the writers to let their stories breath, it's obvious that something is afoot and it's nice that the different players are being introduced so early and not teased at in some pre-credts scene. If you compare the show to something like The Black List you can see how effective Legends is, after almost 20 episodes of THe Black List we hadn't got a quarter as much of the over all shenanigans as Legends has delivered in 5.

While I'm not sure about that lasting appeal of Legends or that it has a story that can carry it past more than a few series, I would hope that we get at the very least a decent wrap up to the main story.

• Advertisement

I've been watching this and have enjoyed it mostly. the first 3 episodes were very good. thought that the 4th one was completely unbelievable though - it went a step too far imo. the part
    about where Bean as Dante, takes down the FBI on the way to the jet in LA and poaches the colonel couldnot have been believable to the colonel imo
    . Unfortunately I do think that the plot does matter in these sorts of shows with a modern day city setting whereas in sci-fi it's not so important and these sort of crappy unbelievable situations undermine the whole thing - imo anyway.

Advertisement