Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect smear test result

Options
  • 08-05-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Normal smear test query
    Hi

I'd like to hear from people who've had a similar experience.
    I was having gynae problems for a while and got a smear test in January 2012. A few weeks later I got a letter saying my test results were clear/normal. At this time I had a pelvic ultrasound which also stated there was nothing of concern there. My problems continued and I eventually ended up in casualty months later. They suspected my problems were hormone related and referred me to the gynae clinic a few weeks later. Here, during a routine speculum exam the doctor found a tumour. I was later diagnosed with stage 3b cervical cancer.
    As you can imagine I was shocked and did ask my GP at the time to get my smear test rechecked. If not for me but in case others had been misdiagnosed.
    That has been almost a year ago. Since then I have thankfully been successfully treated and was given the all clear a few months ago. In recent times I've contacted my GP and asked about recheck results but to no avail. I'm still waiting. Has anyone else received a normal smear test result only to discover they did in fact have a serious problem and did they get any conclusive answers as to why???

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sycamore lady, I've closed this thread as you pose your question in a similar thread.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement