Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV host Paul O’Grady raps showbiz sex arrests ‘circus’

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

TV host Paul O’Grady yesterday hit out at the number of showbiz stars arrested over sex claims, insisting it had become a farce.
    O’Grady, 57, said the accusations against famous faces such as veteran Rolf Harris, 83, had turned into a “celebrity circus”.
    The Lily Savage star said: “It’s not about the victim. It’s about ‘Look who has done it now. Look it’s another dirty old man’.
    “The real villains are getting away with murder. Half of them I don’t believe — Rolf Harris for one. Who else are they going to destroy from my childhood? Andy Pandy? Bill and Ben the Flower Pot Men?”
    He insisted cops should not name stars who are arrested. The comic said: “Whatever happened to being innocent until found guilty? It’s destroying their reputations.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4918834/paul-ogrady-raps-showbiz-sex-arrests-circus.html#ixzz2ShLEP5Jq

They don't wanna be named and shamed, they probably shouldn't molest children or people unable to defend themselves. Scumbags.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

cloud493 wrote: »
    They don't wanna be named and shamed, they probably shouldn't molest children or people unable to defend themselves. Scumbags.

Retarded post is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Perhaps they should be given due process before being named and shamed, you know....on the off chance that they're innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Could we wait until they are found guilty before we name and shame them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

I think Paul O'Grady was just covering his tracks....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Expect Paul O'Grady to be arrested next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I for one won't be taking any lessons in morality from a guy who dresses up in womens clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I for one won't be taking any lessons in morality from a guy who dresses up in womens clothes.

Shhhhhhhhh. You're on AH remember? PC liberals will have your guts for garters! (or garter belts)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

How is his dress sense connected to his morality or even your morality?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yep, take it from the catholic church instead, they wear.... oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

have you not understood the original post? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the stupidity shown in this thread hurts my brain.

Odysseus wrote: »
    How is his dress sense connected to his morality or even your morality?
    Its my personal opinion that a guy in a dress loses a certain amount of gravitas when lecturing about ongoing criminal investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

What a stupid, idiotic post. Especially after reading the extract from O'Grady. Deaf ears is an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Its my personal opinion that a guy in a dress loses a certain amount of gravitas when lecturing about ongoing criminal investigations.

Because dressing as a woman is a crime? :confused:

Fashion police over here ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I totally agree
    “The real villains are getting away with murder. Half of them I don’t believe — Rolf Harris for one. Who else are they going to destroy from my childhood?

Someone should tell Paul O'Grady that Child Molesters ARE real villains. They are abhorrent scumbags who should rot in hell and if it means his childhood memories are upset then tough. He seems to think being a celebrity should give you some kind of immunity from justice - disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

He has a point, whether they are found innocent or not they will be marred with this for the rest of their lives. Fair enough if they are guilty but we dont know that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Jesus H Christ, Rourke.

Don't judges wear robes and wigs, and stuff?

Skid X wrote: »
    I totally agree

Someone should tell Paul O'Grady that Child Molesters ARE real villains. They are abhorrent scumbags who should rot in hell and if it means his childhood memories are upset then tough. He seems to think being a celebrity should give you some kind of immunity from justice - disgusting.

The thing is though it hasnt been proven that Rolf Harris molested anyone so in the eyes of the law and society he should not be seen as a child molester until its conclusively proven to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The thing is though it hasnt been proven that Rolf Harris molested anyone so in the eyes of the law and society he should not be seen as a child molester until its conclusively proven to be the case.

This.

He, and all the others who have been named before being even charged - never mind convicted - are ****ed for ever more if they turn out to be innocent of those allegations.

Because dressing as a woman is a crime? :confused:
    Of course its not.

But I would always take a guy in a suit more seriously on important matters than I would a guy in a skirt and high heels.

As I said earlier, just my personal opinion.

Fashion police over here ;) :pac:
    I am a lost cause when it comes to fashion.
    No fashion police force on the planet could rescue me:o

• Advertisement

Of course its not.

But I would always take a guy in a suit more seriously on important matters than I would a guy in a skirt and high heels.

Like this guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That's not the point, though. Paul O'Grady states that "Half of them I don’t believe — Rolf Harris for one". Who is he to pronounce that the Police shouldn't do their job and investigate suspects where there is evidence against them? No one is above the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I totally agree

OP, why not respond to previous posts instead of blindly thanking those (or that one) which agrees with your idiotic opening post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

So you don't listen to this guy at all then?

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/03/21/1225843/287441-cardinal-sean-brady.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

Brady looks so cute in his dress! Red really is his color! :)

nummnutts wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ, Rourke.

Don't judges wear robes and wigs, and stuff?
    They do, needlessly IMHO.

They have however studied long and hard to gain the qualifications to comment expertly on legal matters.

O'Grady/Savage, not so much.

That's not the point, though. Paul O'Grady states that "Half of them I don’t believe — Rolf Harris for one". Who is he to pronounce that the Police shouldn't do their job and investigate suspects where there is evidence against them? No one is above the law.

Where is he saying the police shouldnt investigate it ? He's saying they shouldnt be paraded around in front of the world as villains and have their reputations ruined if they havent been convicted of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Never mind the allegations of child abuse. That guy dresses unconventionally!

Sigh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

False 9 wrote: »
    OP, why not respond to previous posts instead of blindly thanking those (or that one) which agrees with your idiotic opening post?

Because they didn't come here for a coherent discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

I like this dress, it has a lovely shawl too, but I don't think he carries the look so well. I'll bet Paul O'Grady would kill in this outfit! :) The cute red shoes are so adorable! :)

Advertisement