Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gareth O' Callaghan, and a serving of incessant, unadulterated cheese.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Gazza stretches the bounds of credibility at times-and definitely found the right career for himself, as he loves the sound of his own voice, but I have to imagine he truly thought his broadcasting days were done at the time.

He doesn't strike me as the type to walk away from a career (whatever about an employer) unless he thought he was done.

Last time I heard him, he was in for PJ Coogan on 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Really??

He often spoke about the pain and discomfort it was causing him, then absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭TheBMG

I hadn’t heard that but would be delighted if it’s the case. G O’C isn’t my own cup of tea but total credit and respect to him for still obviously loving and having the enthusiasm for his radio shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah he has some condition that must have been causing him discomfort but if he was misdiagnosed then that’s very bad. At least he not had a chest diagnosis. Is he still presenting? I hope so. Not crazy about him but nobody should have to walk away from sobering they love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Gareth had retired from radio in 2018 after a diagnosis (misdiagnosis?) of Multiple System Atrophy. He returned to Classic Hits as a weekend presenter last year. Gareth is currently the only presenter left from the original line up of what was then called 4FM. Gareth spent the first few years as the weekday breakfast presenter and then was moved to an afternoon/drivetime slot which he continued with until his departure in 2018. By that stage, he was also presenting a love songs show during Sunday mornings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement