Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Ulster v Cardiff BBC2NI 7:45 02/05/13

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by Ulster

I've heard that all season from various Munster and Leinster fans. Does finishing top of the table help convince you at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

bilston wrote: »
    I've heard that all season from various Munster and Leinster fans. Does finishing top of the table help convince you at all?

Prove it in the final!

Prove it in the final!

Ha! We'll worry about the Scarlets first!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

No, not really.

Ulster pretty much had their strongest, or nearly strongest, team out for the first half of the season which helped them race into a big lead in the Rabo which Leinster didn't have.

Granted ye whooped us, Leinster, twice this season yet there's only three points between us on the table.

If Ulster win the Rabo I'll be convinced, and equally happy ye did. If you lose to us in the final I'll think you're nearly there but still have abit to go. This is equally true as you could do with a bit more strength in depth.

By the way great to see Deccie Fitz last 60 mins and scrummage very strongly as well. Still hopefully Afoa is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ulster have been the best, most consistent province this season. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

However, Ulster need to learn how to manage the season a bit better. I felt their dip in form was always gonna come, and it came at the wrong time during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

.ak wrote: »
    Ulster have been the best, most consistent province this season. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

However, Ulster need to learn how to manage the season a bit better. I felt their dip in form was always gonna come, and it came at the wrong time during the season.

Yep. They need to prevent simultaneous injuries to McAllister, Macklin, Farrell, Ferris, Mincer, Muller, Henderson, Wilson, Bowe, D'Arcy, Williams, Fitzpatrick, Doyle and Cave.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

jacothelad wrote: »
    Yep. They need to prevent simultaneous injuries to McAllister, Macklin, Farrell, Ferris, Mincer, Muller, Henderson, Wilson, Bowe, D'Arcy, Williams, Fitzpatrick, Doyle and Cave.......:D

And Jackson, Best, Gilroy, Court and Marshall on 6N duty!!

And afoa heading back to NZ a few times.

Sure we might get a bit more luck next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

By the way great to see Deccie Fitz last 60 mins and scrummage very strongly as well. Still hopefully Afoa is ok.

0 1 game since Deccie's last injury

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

mfceiling wrote: »
    And Jackson, Best, Gilroy, Court and Marshall on 6N duty!!

And afoa heading back to NZ a few times.

Sure we might get a bit more luck next year!!

And Payne out for 2/3 months, and Wallace injured too. We had a severe lack of a squad a couple of months ago, infact the Physio Bench XV would have quite easily had the beating of the available players. Leinster went through a similar situation early in the season.

I have noticed quite a lot of handling errors mounting up in our game though, and that's nothing to do with personnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

jacothelad wrote: »

Jeez, you try and defend Ulster and you just get attacked by it's supporters... :D

All the provinces had injuries. Ulster were actually boosted by the return of their front runners in time for the business end of the season, and they still dipped in form. It cost them the HCUP quarter imo. Came into the game over cooked.

Don't get me wrong, Ulster as a team are always on the up, and I would imagine they'll be even better next year in the HCUP. But I think the key is pacing themselves.

Advertisement