Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPN changes explained

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

snaps wrote: »
    have to agree, out of all the matches I missed or didn't watch properly, where the 17.30 kick offs.

I would be different I wouldnt watch the 12:45 games, way to early and half the time there not great games apart from the Liv v Utd match. :D

Outsdie of that I used to love watching the 17:30 games on ESPN HD cr4ack open a few beers, got my fix before the missus got hold of the TV remote until bedtime.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The 17.30 games were a great excuse to go to the pub for a few pints,then ESPN became free to SkySports subscribers so I got the "sure can't you watch it at home" line from the missus.:pac:

BT Sports is going to be free in the UK to BT broadband subscribers,wonder if they'll follow the ESPN model for Ireland?
    If you have a satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer - but if you have our broadband, it's free. And it's only available direct from BT. Order now for free HD for a year.

Cost of sub is £12 per month & £15 activation fee,HD will cost £3 extra,expect the usual "Paddy tax".
    add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.

You won't pay any monthly charges until the channels launch on 1st August.

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Apologies if asked but does anyone know how UPC plan to handle this?

I get ESPN + ESPN AMERICA through UPC's Digital Extra package and I'm not sure what's gonna happen when BT Sport launch.

I also get SKY Sports 1-4 via UPC (the Sky Sports package).

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

Noticed that two BT channels on Sky no longer appearing on EPG, plus Motors TV moved to 447

• Advertisement

I get ESPN + ESPN AMERICA through UPC's Digital Extra package and I'm not sure what's gonna happen when BT Sport launch.

ESPN will stay as ESPN but will be for US sports & will be under the control of BT as they took them over.ESPN America will be gone.
    With BT taking care of their own subs I reckon you'll end up having to pay extra to view their channels just the same as on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

I dont beleive they are at the moment, one of the reps said there is no news of them taking on the BT sports service onto there platform but will keep us informed if they do.

I will miss the 17:30 games on ESPN HD but not bothered about he 26 games showen at 12:45 on BT Sport. nothing the internet cant find for you with a bit of googling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭cena

So we well no longer have American sports on our tv with paying for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm open to correction but my pal in New York pays €12 per month to have Fox soccer and this gets him the same amount of matches that we have to shell out for Sky, Setanta, ESPN and BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm open to correction but my pal in New York pays €12 per month to have Fox soccer and this gets him the same amount of matches that we have to shell out for Sky, Setanta, ESPN and BT Sports.

Lower demand over there, plus what time would the games be on live over there?

I watch UFC and get all the pay per views for free with ESPN.

Americans pay up to $60 per pay per view event
    http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/ppv/events.asp

So it goes both ways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Fox Soccer is to the states what ESPN America is to us - of great interest to those interested in these sports, but not a lot of interest to the general poplace.

Anyway, while this discussion is quite interesting, seeing as there doesn't seem to be anything Sky-specific about it we might continue it in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056889518&page=5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement