Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Subscription boxes available in Ireland

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here :) I was wondering if anyone here would know of any subscription boxes that are available in Ireland. I've signed up for two at the moment but one subscription is about to end. I've signed up for Glossybox and a Fancybox. I would be interested in seeing what other ones are available :)

I've seen My Ireland Box too.

Any recommendations? They don't have to be just Fashion and/or Beauty.

Thank you :)

ashlaire

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm only subscribed to glossybox, but I'm not blown away by it so far :/

What types of thing do you get in the fancybox? I like the sound of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

They look pretty cool. Thinking of signing up for the glossy box one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashlaire

The Fancybox is cool, you can get really random stuff :) My April one arrived yesterday but I won't be home for a week or so to open it. It's killing me XD
    This is what I got last month: http://ashla-stuff.tumblr.com/post/47535794168/fancybox-march-2013-my-fancybox-finally-arrived

I wonder if there are other subscription boxes around that ship to Ireland. I know there's loads that are US only :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lover_of_life

I signed up for glossy box in May. I loved my first box (some full sized products) and a lot of products I would buy in the future from using them. im sure because it was their birthday box it was extra special. I would definitely recommend them. unfortunately my June box didn't arrive and i was in contact with them and they are sending me a replacement box asap. Ill let you know what its like when it arrives. I don't know about fancy box and Ireland box I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

That Fancybox fairly rubbish to be honest- like stuff you'd buy in a clearance sale in Heatons but that's just my opinion- each to their own! I liked the She said Beauty box which unfortunately doesn't ship to Ireland anymore. More kitchen than beauty in this box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

I've just signed up for Glossybox....had a look at this one too which looks great:

http://www.birchbox.com/

I'll see how I get on with my 3 month glossybox subscription first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

Got my first Glossybox and love it! Think it's amazing value for money-would definitely recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

have been debating trying glossybox for a while. Went onto the site today and they had an offer where you did a once off purchase to get the july and april boxes together. £14.95 including delivery for the two boxes so I bought that. Fingers crossed it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Glossybox - which is always a disappointment and just started with Bondi: a nail polish subscription box from America. It is only €20 a month for 3 polishes and an extra surprise!

www.bondinewyork.com/

http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1438441541&group=0&frame_type=b&blog=4781033&link=aHR0cDovL2lyaXNobmFpbGFkZGljdC5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20vMjAxMy8wOC9ib25kaS1uZXcteW9yay1zdWJzY3JpcHRpb24tYm94Lmh0bWw&frame=1&click=0&user=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

have been debating trying glossybox for a while. Went onto the site today and they had an offer where you did a once off purchase to get the july and april boxes together. £14.95 including delivery for the two boxes so I bought that. Fingers crossed it arrives!

I ordered this and it arrived fairly quickly :)

• Advertisement

I ordered the 2 for the price of 1 glossybox offer and one of the hair products was broken and leaked all over the contents of the box including the green and black organic chocolate...not a happy camper!

ah no way did you contact them? surely if you sent them a photo of the mess they would send you a replacement one?

Dancing queen thats brill im looking forward to getting mind now :)

Has anyone tried Julep? Clicked through an add the other day and the polishes look quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Trying to sign up for glossy box atm but it's asking for my postcode and D# won't do it?

Also is this still the best to go for?

Got it :)
    Any more info on birch box? I want them all!! :o

My experience with Glossybox so far.

26th August ordered the once off 'buy july box get april box free' from their website. Got a confirmation email.

Days later no update from them. Tried to ring the phone line. Got a message saying there was no one to take my call right now and the opening hours are 9am -5pm. I'd called at 9.30am.

Emailed them instead. Got an email a few days later with details of my order. Contract date had changed from 26th August to 30th August.

Got an email from their CS team. No response on the unmanned phones. Was told that the payment wasnt recieved til 30th August but I should recieve the box mid week this week. I emailed back to say they had been paid by credit card 26th August but that I looked forward to getting the boxes.

Wednesday evening I get an email comfirming my box had been despatched!? Emailed them a complaint about their disasterous service and asked how the box was going to arrive mid week this week given they had only despatched it Wednesday night.

No response to my complaint email.

No boxes either.

I am so glad I did this as a test order before signing up for anything longer term. I will not deal with this crowd again. God knows if I will ever get what I ordered. I am sick to death of online companies failing to grasp the concept of sending the customer the good they have paid for to the address they specified within the time frame promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

There's a Love Me Beauty box that delivers to Ireland (Used to be called BeauteCo)
    You can choose from three different boxes so you know what you're getting each month. http://lovemebeauty.com/boxes/

I've been subscribed to Glossybox for about a year. I was very close to cancelling my subscription a few months ago but I think the boxes have picked up in quality in the last few months. The She Said Beauty ones were better but I only got two of those before they stopped doing them :(

Still no response to my email last week. STILL no boxes - 2 weeks after I placed my order :( I have now emailed them asking for a refund

Signed up for the 2 for 1 from Glossybox and only received 1 box :(

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got the first one, so I'm thinkin it's probably not on it's way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got the first one, so I'm thinkin it's probably not on it's way :(

I wouldn't lose hope just yet; I also ordered one of the 2-for-1 offers from Glossybox and they arrived about 2 weeks apart. If you don't receive anything by the end of the week though, definitely get in touch with them.

• Advertisement

It took me two weeks to get my two for one boxes. My advice would be to chase them up by email and FB it was the only thing that worked for me. If you go their FB unfortunately there seems to be so many unhappy customers who have not got theirs either

I got my shipment email last Thursday or so, any ideas when I should expect it?

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I got my shipment email last Thursday or so, any ideas when I should expect it?

Takes about a week with glossybox normally. If you're not home you will have to collect it from PO as doesn't fit through letterbox.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Takes about a week with glossybox normally. If you're not home you will have to collect it from PO as doesn't fit through letterbox.

Thanks :) Is it just the An Post office or do they use a courier?

Just An Post not a courier.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

There's an Irish subscription service starting soon apparently! http://chictreatclub.com/ Will be very interested to see how it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 arh

Guys, there is also MyMunchiesBox but it's aimed more at Irish people living abroad so not sure if it counts....

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I am getting so annoyed with Glossybox. I ordered the summer sale boxes the very first day that the offer appeared. It was a week before I got the dispatched email. I waited the 7 working days it supposedly takes to get to Ireland and received nothing so I called them and was told it actually takes 10 working days to get here :eek:

So I again waited, still nothing arrived so I called them back. I was then told that "if I hadn't gotten it by now I wouldn't" ! She then told me that all the boxes were sold out and so refunded me. I was so frustrated by it all!
    I had been given a gift of a subscription (starting September) so I asked the girl if the same thing would happen with this box and she told me "oh it nearly never happens more than once to a customer". Like it's ridiculous that this is a frequent occurrence in the first place!

So I'm still waiting, gone past the recommended delivery time and still no box :mad:.
    Their helpline goes directly to voicemail, but you can't leave a voicemail because their message bank is too full! If you contact them via twitter or facebook you just get a generic message telling you to email customer service. If you email customer service you are told that a response will take up to 48 working hours!!! That's over a week.

I am at my wits ends!! Has anyone else had this kind of experience with them? Can I expect them to redeem themselves somehow? :confused::confused:

I finally got an email back about my missing box. They said I should definitely have it by now so they are going to ship a new one.

In the same email to them I mentioned that the first box I received didn't seem targeted towards me in the least. Everything in it was for fine/dry hair and dry skin when I told them in the survey that I have think hair and oily skin. So I just asked why did they bother getting people to fill in the survey if it really doesn't matter. Their response was that sale boxes aren't targeted in any way. I was pretty annoyed at that response because I don't remember seeing that written anywhere. What was the point of the survey :confused:

Hopefully this box will actually arrive. It was the June one I didn't get yet. I won't likely be dealing with them again after this.

I'd say they are raging they ran that sale at all. Their reputation seems to be destroyed now because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Oh my god that makes me so mad. The fact that they are telling you that they will send you your missing box means that they lied to me when they said they were all sold out.
    Awful customer care!

Advertisement