Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell you hate most

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Cigars and hash are the worst.
    What. They're two of the best smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

decomposing carrots when you forget them and leave them in the press and they turn to jelly . i have a strong stomach and work with all sorts of nasty solvents, acids ,gasses etc at work and the smell of the rotting carrots is the only one that ever made me heave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

rotten eggs, coming up to halloween me and my mates used to break eggs into a bottle and put the lid back on them and leave them behind or beside the radiator for a week, when halloween night came around we had the most rotten smelling homemade stink bombs ever! awful smelling stuff, you'd heave even at a small whiff of it, ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I was working as teller in a bank a few years back and the smell of some of the old people was rancid. One woman in particular used to come in with her deposit book every Thursday and I used to stand as far back from the counter as I could when serving her as a mouthful of that stench was literally vomit inducing. I had to try and suppress the retching when serving her. It was the stench of piss and unwashed old person mixed with cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

The smell of coffee is unbearable to me. Absolutely sickening.

I'm sure most golfers have had this experience. Having to clear out the sandwiches that you left in you golfbag for several week\months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Madam wrote: »
    Other people's day old body odour.

I agree. Absolutely vile. The fact that they can't pick up on this stench themselves is beyond me. CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

I used to work in a supermarket and the amount of people (mainly old) coming in with rancid shopping bags that had been using for years. And it gets worse, you are expected to pack them. I remember once I was packing someone's bag and the bag was sweaty. It's actually sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Has anyone on Boards actually experienced the smell a skunk? [In defensive mode that is]
    I'd love to know what it was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The smell of burning spliff makes me feel sick. Not so much with a bong though. I'd rather eat the stuff in a cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Smelly tablets and vitamins, you know the ones which you have to hold your nose to take otherwise you'll be getting sick all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The smell of crusties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Bleach for me, the smell makes me gag everytime.

Toilet cleaned with bleach after vomit.

and the Liffey when it stank like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Cat farts
    Orange peel
    The smell when someone has washed the cooker but not rinsed it properly so the detergent cooks away along with your pot! Turns my stomach

Advertisement