Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsany G P 12/05/13

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

The Dunsany GP will take place on Sun May 12th.Sign on is in the same location as last year Dusany GAA Grounds.Sign on from 9.30am with an 11.00am start time.
    The circuit is the green sheds circuit which was used for the Lucan G P earlier in the season.The race will start at the crossroads in Dunsany and each race will come off circuit at the end of the final lap,where it will take a right hand turn at Dunsany to finish at the church [as per last year].The circuit is 17km.
    Race 1 A3/Juniors 4 x laps 68k
    Race 2 A4 3 x laps 51km
    Race 3 Womans Nat League 3 x laps 51km
    This race was started last year to run on the same day as the Shay Elliott Memorial as there are no support events in Bray other than for A1/A2.
    We had great fields last year and are hoping for more of the same.The race has no sponsor so we are totally reliant on the riders support to make it happen.Cheers and hope to see you all there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ill be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭wav1

lennymc wrote: »
    ill be there!
    Jackson 5 circa 1972

wav1 wrote: »
    Jackson 5 circa 1972

Retro! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Ah, I may have relinquished that Sunday to other powers. I like that course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone got a gps of the course handy, looking for a flat race to stretch the legs!

• Advertisement

my race from last year finishing in the main bunch. Break got away up the road and stayed away. http://app.strava.com/activities/8436780

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Will try and make this. Haven't done a tap since the Lucan GP so I'll probably suffer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Inquitus wrote: »
    Anyone got a gps of the course handy, looking for a flat race to stretch the legs!

It's FLAT !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Well done to all the organisers in looking after the A3/4's again this year. It was much appreciated and well supported last year and hopefully we'll have more of the same again. A good circuit for a break to go away on a windy day.

This was my favourite road race. Ever.:D

I occasionally pass idle moments recalling bridging out to the break of three with one other, the five of us working together till about 800m before the end and realising the bunch wouldn't catch us and we were all in the points - a real moment to savour - and then the mad dash around that right hander up the hill towards the adoring crowds*

*I may have made up that last bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

wav1 wrote: »
    Jackson 5 circa 1972

Alternately could be alluding to The Four Tops "Reach out I'll be there" from about '66. Another Motown classic for ye Louth boys......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If I can shake this hamstring injury I'll be there. No more 5-a-side for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Be rude not to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Peterx wrote: »
    This was my favourite road race. Ever.:D

You neglected to mention that you won the ensueing sprint to win the A3 race..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Seeing as my plan for a gentle re-introduction to racing via the slower groups of the Swords League has been scuppered by continuing problems with The Man, I think I'll do this and get my arse handed to me. If I bring my x-rays, will they let me into A4;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

DKO wrote: »
    You neglected to mention that you won the ensueing sprint to win the A3 race..... :rolleyes:

Modesty at its finest!

DKO wrote: »

Sure it was obvious!
    Ever.:D....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Well I'm heading, I have already started working on my excuses for not finishing in the points..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

Seeing as my plan for a gentle re-introduction to racing via the slower groups of the Swords League has been scuppered by continuing problems with The Man, I think I'll do this and get my arse handed to me. If I bring my x-rays, will they let me into A4;)

You bring yours, I'll bring mine. My face isn't as aerodynamic as it used to be!

Looking forward to seeing you back in the saddle MWAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

@Lenny Mc
    Are you recovered from your crash at the weekend? Was anything broken after? Unlucky to be caught out again in fairness, especially when you were in good shape for the finish.

So will you be doing this one?

Alls good to go on Sunday.Just collected nice crystal prizes for the A4 race and the Womans race.Something nice for the mantlepiece to justify to her[ or him ] indoors,for going AWOL every Sunday.See you all then.

• Advertisement

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    @Lenny Mc
    Are you recovered from your crash at the weekend? Was anything broken after? Unlucky to be caught out again in fairness, especially when you were in good shape for the finish.

So will you be doing this one?

hope to be out at this one allright. nothing broken on me or the bike, few scratches and a sore shoulder, but I got away reasonably ok, especially compared to the other guy who broke his hip! will you be out yourself?

lennymc wrote: »
    hope to be out at this one allright. nothing broken on me or the bike, few scratches and a sore shoulder, but I got away reasonably ok, especially compared to the other guy who broke his hip! will you be out yourself?

With bells on :D

Folks as I explained y/day alls good to go for this race.i heard last night that the event in Munster this w/end may be off so numbers could be good.
    Very sadly we've had a bereavement in the family this morning so i'll be kind of off the air now for a few days.I would think that lennymc or padjo5 should be able to take any queries on board in for the next few days.But alls good to go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Looks good, going to head along to this. Should be short and sharp, and a fast finish. Have only done the Green Sheds route finishing over the other side, never at Dunsany. Position going into the final corner key?

smurphy29 wrote: »
    Position going into the final corner key?

Going over the finish line more important :D

It's a right turn into a drag but you can practice (unleashing your inner cornering/sprinting beast) beforehand as part of your warm-up as the race rolls out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Might well be my A4 debut at this, think it will involve hanging on for grim death before getting shelled out the back for an early bath!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JoeBTheBullet

Really hoping to take part in this! Only problem is that I need a lift up and back from Dublin! Would anyone be willing to take a poor, unfortunate student and his bike? Obviously I'll contribute towards fuel cost and can also travel to meet you (I live in Kilmacud)!

PM me if you can help me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

Really hoping to take part in this! Only problem is that I need a lift up and back from Dublin! Would anyone be willing to take a poor, unfortunate student and his bike? Obviously I'll contribute towards fuel cost and can also travel to meet you (I live in Kilmacud)!

PM me if you can help me out!

It's not a bad cycle out - 30km from Phoenix Park - if you don't find a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JoeBTheBullet

Yeah I just googlemapped (now a word..) the route and it's not as far as I thought. 42km from the house and I cycled out to the races in Stamulllin earlier this year and was ok, so might just do that on Sunday (if no lift appears..)! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement