Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl diy tools

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I was just wondering how they're different from an ordinary drill. They appear to be right hand operation.
    Easyouts are lefthand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Scego

Has anyone any experience with these bench grinders/sanders ?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-4th-july/products-detail-page/ps/p/bench-grinder-with-sanding-belt/

I normally shy away from anything involving electricity from lidl/aldi and the continuous nature of it has me worried, but for that price, i'm still tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

They're for light grinding and sanding, not for sharpening axes and the like.
    Don't know what you're worried about their electrical tools for. They're manufactured to the same standards as any mains voltage tool.
    230v tools are all for diy work only.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hardy Eustace

Lidl have a Parkside plunge saw for €90 from next Monday. It's positively reviewed earlier in this thread. My question (still confused after research) - does a plunge saw operate as both a chop saw (single-position cross or mitre cuts) and a ripping saw (long, guided cuts - it comes with a guide rail)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Lidl have a Parkside plunge saw for €90 from next Monday. It's positively reviewed earlier in this thread. My question (still confused after research) - does a plunge saw operate as both a chop saw (single-position cross or mitre cuts) and a ripping saw (long, guided cuts - it comes with a guide rail)?

No
    a plunge saw is a fancy ripping saw very good for straight cuts with the guides
    Really only good for cuts in timber sheets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

It's a completely different saw to one mentioned previously. This is more a track saw. The other one was much smaller and without a track

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Anybody know if the cordless Lidl 18v batteries are interchangable for the reciprocating saw, drill, or maybe the grinder? They are on sale from Monday 15th June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

I am hoping they are interchangeable as plan in buying the drill and cordless grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

The angle grinder might have need a more powerful battery?

Advertisement