Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever or do you drink drive?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I never drink drive, because I think it is a scummy thing to do as you could seriously injure or kill someone. I think the blase attitude towards it in this country is absolutely astounding. I know many people, who will, at the drop of a hat, get into the car after 5 or 7 pints and drive home. It has even come to the extent that our very own politicians have even suggest being allowed to drink drive if you live in a certain location, how absurd is this? We must be the laughing stock of the world.

Do you or have you ever drink-driven?

Do you drink drive or have you ever done it? 239 votes

I do it and don't plan to stop
    0%
    GNWoodd 1 vote
    I did it before and won't do it again (although I don't judge those who do)
    4%
    Starkgustafoaf_thefragileiguytunedoutdonkeydcLenin Skynardpat_corkoceancatSteve O 10 votes
    I did it before and won't do it again as it is scummy
    8%
    NuttzzBiologicNUTLEY BOYCaptain Slow IRLmsg11NappySitecdm09Quagmire77col.in.Crefc67Hoop66laughronan452ndcomingHenlars67hefferboimikemac1[Deleted User]Chancer3001 21 votes
    I do it, even though it is a scummy thing
    21%
    BigConomahaidFighting IrishbillymitchellRiesen_MealmelonstarDuffWelrucVertigo100copeyhagenM5wandatowellCliona99IrishcrxdiamondpD_murphBroxi_Bear_EireConnorzeeprettyinpink[Deleted User] 52 votes
    I never did and never will but don't judge those who do
    2%
    s_carnage8k2q1gfcz9s5d4granturismoPlanemothebigbiffoJimmy Macnulty 6 votes
    I never did and never will and those who do it are scummy
    2%
    danger mouseRemmyAbsoluvelyrxan90v6e5qzawyrc3jnmonkeysnapperMadam_X 7 votes
    Nice try, Gardaí
    59%
    gandalfpHlivEwirEkifferKilOitWompa1MatthewVIIBogger77Mr. CooL ICEFGRbad2daboneSeanWShinyDiscoBallelefantKnasherLiam90recyclebinhumbertShenshenmuletide 142 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I drink drove once technically after having 2 cans because my boyfriend was having an asthma attack and needed his inhaler. Was completely petrified at the time.

I have mates who would drive after drinking, smokin weed or taking pills. Absolutely no respect for them for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

I never drink drive, because I think it is a scummy thing to do as you could seriously injure or kill someone. I think the blase attitude towards it in this country is absolutely astounding. I know many people, who will, at the drop of a hat, get into the car after 5 or 7 pints and drive home. It has even come to the extent that our very own politicians have even suggest being allowed to drink drive if you live in a certain location, how absurd is this? We must be the laughing stock of the world.

No Garda Burn, I never have...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I can see where this thread is going......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'd say I have, the morning after. That's about it though, never feel drunk but am probably over the limit

Came close to doing it one night after a fight with someone at a house party, thankfully one of the more sensible people at the party took my keys off me and stopped me from getting into the car.
    Will never understand the people who willingly drive to a pub and get hammered, knowing full well the only way they're getting home is by driving back themselves. Completely irresponsible and so scummy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Nice try, Gardaí
    Never, not in 12 yrs of driving....and my insurance is going up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I'm a nervous driver so I always have a couple of gins just to steady my nerves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

I did it before and won't do it again (although I don't judge those who do)
    I know many people, who will, at the drop of a hat, get into the car after 5 or 7 pints and drive home.

Don't you mean 5 or 6 pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Nice try, Gardaí
    Just a glass of Sherry.............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Go down to Kerry and ask Danny Healy Rae.

He will give you an honest straight answer.

http://www.thejournal.ie/kerry-councillors-drink-driving-764005-Jan2013/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

did it all the time when i had my first motorbike(aged 19). drove from dunlaoire to ballinteer once after 6/7 pints and dont remember doing it.

never have or will drive a car with a drink taken and havent done it on a bike since aged 20.

totally stupid thing to do i agree

i was young and idiotic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Nice try, Gardaí
    Hope this thread doesn't get "LOCKED", see what I did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I actually drive better when drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Public poll.

Can't see this discussion going far.

Driving half cut is great Craic though. It feels like you are on a rally stage and can't be beat.

Love it. Whoop, whoop......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 honey83

Absolutely not I my country so easy to get caught and once you are to a certain level which could easily be 1 drink you go to jail ,get fined, lose you license , and can ruin your life and chances to find employment etc. It doesn't stop many Americans from doing it, but me I'm not into it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 jack_rambo

had three pints of guiness last nite , drove home

done it hundreds of times , live in rural ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Nice try, Gardaí
    Wouldn't ever myself, or EVER let the other and better half. ;)

People who do it are very irresponsible though. Agree with you, OP. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭1hottmofo

I drove it into plenty of young ones when drunk

Few bumpy roads but thankfully no backroads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I would say that a significant percentage of drivers in this country have driven over the limit, especially older men. Nobody can condone it, its wrong and dangerous. In your opening post you say its scummy, not arguing with that but if you want to open a debate you are not going to get people openly discuss themselves being scum. How many people go visiting at Christmas have a couple and continue on or just have wine with a meal and drive later. I would say the percentage of people who have driven over the limit could be very high if you could ever get an honest poll. Mostly speculating on my behalf.

jack_rambo wrote: »

Is that you Danny?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Jaysus you'd think you'd make the poll private.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My mother lives back of beyonds in the country and she lives about 1.5 miles off the road on a private road.

one night while I was visiting I was dropped off at end of road by where I'd left my car where earlier my friend picked me up because he loves his car and road is worse than the Kerry roads. So I drove down this road drunk. never again!!

How people do Ill never know. I won't be any way .

Nice try, Gardaí
    honey83 wrote: »
    Absolutely not I my country so easy to get caught and once you are to a certain level which could easily be 1 drink you go to jail ,get fined, lose you license , and can ruin your life and chances to find employment etc.

Where do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

My mother lives back of beyonds in the country and she lives about 1.5 miles off the road on a private road.

one night while I was visiting I was dropped off at end of road by where I'd left my car where earlier my friend picked me up because he loves his car and road is worse than the Kerry roads. So I drove down this road drunk. never again!!
    Are you drunk now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Wouldn't drunk, and doubt I'd be a danger after two pints but would be too afraid of getting caught and being over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

Hope this thread doesn't get "LOCKED", see what I did there ;)

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 honey83

Where do you live?

In the states, I live in the city though. I grew up in a rural town with police who had nothing better to do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

nope never have. I just don't really like alcohol that much that I wouldn't abstain for the night if I had to drive myself home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Nice try, Gardaí
    jack_rambo wrote: »

I did live in rural Ireland, for years. And hope to again eventually. Never drank and drove though. I either got lifts or taxis (even if it cost me €25, it was part of the night if I chose to drink so it was my tough luck)- or else- shock horror- I didn't drink alcohol. Drink driving is the most brain dead and downright selfish thing someone can do.

• Advertisement

Nice try, Gardaí

How people do Ill never know. I won't be any way .

that .. post ... broke .. brain .... owwwweey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement