Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Link Modules 2013 Before/After **

Options
  • 28-04-2013 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

So, first written exam of the LC starts on Wednesday. Have done literally no preparation for this as I'm hoping I won't be counting it, although a distinction would still be nice. ;) How are ye fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I will be counting my points from it (unless I end up with 30 :P). I got 87% in the written mock between my general knowledge and home Ec knowledge so hopefully skimming though the book will do me again.

Feel free to suggest questions anyone thinks they may ask on the case study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Having done business since first year as well as home ec I think I'll be fine. I got 88% in my mock and my portfolio was alright I think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

Top tip: go through the past exam material (videos, etc.) on examinations.ie website to get an idea of what is going to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

How much should we be writing? The amount of space they give you is a bit much, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

Hey guys, so the LCVP written exam is tomorrow and we know like our case study already and I have possible questions on it if anyone wants them, and the video we watch, but does anyone know exactly what the theory questions involve learning? Like what are the topics you need to learn. Like the book is fairly vague and all over the place about the topics. If anyone has any idea please pass it on. I can post the possible case study questions if there wanted. other than that good luck anyone doing it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Daniel L

can i get those case study questions off you? , basically for the general questions you pick 4 and you learn the ansers for each section ... like what characteristics does an emplyer value in an emplyee etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Who is ready for the LCVP Exam Tomorrow? How does it work? Do they assign us with a seat like the Junior Cert where they had our exam number on the tables? And will you be allowed to leave once you have finished?

Best Of Luck To everyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Hey guys, so the LCVP written exam is tomorrow and we know like our case study already and I have possible questions on it if anyone wants them, and the video we watch, but does anyone know exactly what the theory questions involve learning? Like what are the topics you need to learn. Like the book is fairly vague and all over the place about the topics. If anyone has any idea please pass it on. I can post the possible case study questions if there wanted. other than that good luck anyone doing it :)

Could you post the questions please? If you look at the exam papers, the questions repeat themselves year after year and just look at the marking scheme to see what they're looking for. Don't bother with the book I'd say, exam papers are vital!! I'm so scared for tomorrow I don't know what to expect .. first exam ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deadxox

From doing it last year and getting a distinction and preparing to do it again tomorrow, just know your portfolio really well ie. work experience and all that! Audio Visual and case study is really up to common sense and luck of the draw with the q's. Look up the case study mindmap for pretty much all angles that could be covered on that. Other than that know how to draft minutes, write letters, agendas and all that sort of layout stuff... you can easily bull your way through the rest! :) Good luck to ye all.. distinctions aaaall round i hope! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

fontdor wrote: »
    Who is ready for the LCVP Exam Tomorrow? How does it work? Do they assign us with a seat like the Junior Cert where they had our exam number on the tables? And will you be allowed to leave once you have finished?

Best Of Luck To everyone here.

Anybody at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

fontdor wrote: »
    Anybody at all?

Not even a little. I'm crapping myself right now. Don't even know what to study. Ugh I hate lcvp

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

Daniel L wrote: »
    can i get those case study questions off you? , basically for the general questions you pick 4 and you learn the ansers for each section ... like what characteristics does an emplyer value in an emplyee etc

what is the diff between an american transnational and an indivenous irish conpany
    Identift the problems of axel computers
    a town meeting has been aranged so locals can voice their opinion, how would they get opinions from locals
    What wpuld be the benifit of mark ryan getting work experience
    List steps he should take to get a work placement
    benifits of participating in work experience
    Methods besides nexspapers of finding job vaciencies for axels staff
    What skills would mark need to become an entrapreneur
    What support is in place for claragh town to assist in starting new businesses eg fas,enterprise board
    Methods which could be used to generate ideas for new business in the town
    Angenda for the meeting of claragh chamber of commerce
    Explain minutes in relation to a meeting
    Info on relevant 3rd level courses, how would mark research courses.
    Prepair plan of action to deal with closure of factory (action plan layout)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

I found this on the LCVP site: http://pdst.ie/sites/default/files/LCVP%20LINK%20MODULES%20%20final%20exam%20tips.pdf

It gives tips and things to know for the exam. Might be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Literally did zero study for the mock and got 81%, doing HL business for LC so I suppose that helps, and a bit of cop on too haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lulcat

Literally did zero study for the mock and got 81%, doing HL business for LC so I suppose that helps, and a bit of cop on too haha!

Oh hahahaha !!! Lolz ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

what is the diff between an american transnational and an indivenous irish conpany
    Identift the problems of axel computers
    a town meeting has been aranged so locals can voice their opinion, how would they get opinions from locals
    What wpuld be the benifit of mark ryan getting work experience
    List steps he should take to get a work placement
    benifits of participating in work experience
    Methods besides nexspapers of finding job vaciencies for axels staff
    What skills would mark need to become an entrapreneur
    What support is in place for claragh town to assist in starting new businesses eg fas,enterprise board
    Methods which could be used to generate ideas for new business in the town
    Angenda for the meeting of claragh chamber of commerce
    Explain minutes in relation to a meeting
    Info on relevant 3rd level courses, how would mark research courses.
    Prepair plan of action to deal with closure of factory (action plan layout)

You got any answers for those? :P

Let's hope it will be as easy as the pre was! Good Luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

LCVP should be like every subject, actually doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

David086 wrote: »
    LCVP should be like every subject, actually doable.

Could not agree with you more!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Total study done for this 0, I think it's an exam you can bluff your way through , it's common sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 keithhann039

god i hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully audio visual will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

So easy... and I didn't even study much!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

that wasn't bad :)

Sad to say but I actually enjoy LCVP exams! :pac: Hoping for a distinction! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

the pair had been living in kilkenny 6 years yeah? :p

Ya I put down 6

Definition of a smartphone for 2 marks :P

the pair had been living in kilkenny 6 years yeah? :p

I hope so :P Didn't like that audio visual at all the people were driving me mad! :pac:

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    I hope so :P Didn't like that audio visual at all the people were driving me mad! :pac:

the acting was terrible

Advertisement