Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Ice radio has moved to 99.4, this might upset some weekend operators.

Whatever about upsetting other operators the signal is greatly reduced in Dublin city centre and west of of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Whatever about upsetting other operators the signal is greatly reduced in Dublin city centre and west of of the city.

Plus the signal will suffer from BBC Radio 1 on that Frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I picked up Phever this evening on 91.6 FM around Dundrum and Goatstown. The reception was variable, but I did hear a presenter. Unfortunately, I also heard a promotion for a charity "for the month of May"! So, I'm not sure if it was actually live!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

What was happening today fellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭TheBMG

What was happening today fellas?

Heard The Beach on 105.7 earlier. Seems to be a slightly weaker signal than previously noted in my location (D14)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

1395 khz a good signal into West Wales this evening with some fading .
    Indoors XHDATA D-808

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    1395 khz a good signal into West Wales this evening with some fading .
    Indoors XHDATA D-808

They are using a more powerful transmitter.750 watts i beleive

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

Heard Power FM on 99.5 with a decent signal after Glen of the downs on the way to Brittas Bay. Not sure where it's coming from but seemed to travel further than Dublin pirates normally do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BBC Radio Cornwall romping in on 103.9 from Redruth in Cork today.

Likely a regular occurrence this week with the high pressure.

turbocab wrote: »
    The non stop music even stronger today .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

DavidJC wrote: »
    Heard Power FM on 99.5 with a decent signal after Glen of the downs on the way to Brittas Bay. Not sure where it's coming from but seemed to travel further than Dublin pirates normally do.
    Seems to be coming from Greystones or Newtown Mount Kennedy.. once I get to Loughlinstown there's no trace of Power FM.. Also 99.5 is clashing alot with 99.4 BBCR1 from Llanddona in Wales (21kw).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanddona_transmitting_station

The Beach 105.7 is off but I can hear Heart FM on that frequency from Llandudno in North Wales around Wicklow and Dublin. Weak signal.

Seems to be coming from Greystones or Newtown Mount Kennedy.. once I get to Loughlinstown there's no trace of Power FM.. Also 99.5 is clashing alot with 99.4 BBCR1 from Llanddona in Wales (21kw).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanddona_transmitting_station

The Beach 105.7 is off but I can hear Heart FM on that frequency from Llandudno in North Wales around Wicklow and Dublin. Weak signal.

The Beach 105.7 was on this evening.

Big lift on today lots of UK stations coming in well. Anything happening locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

has anyone got any further information on this station?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

500 watts , and confirmed tests are planned for 1350khz.

Energy is also available on 99.5 on the Dublin side of 3 Rock, Power 99.5 on the Wicklow side.

Big lift again today. What’s happening fellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Galaxy FM Kildare are no longer broadcasting. There was a close down message on the RDS and the TX went off earlier today.

A big thanks to Energy (all over Dublin) on 1395 khz over the week end .
    Reception all day on Saturday 108 miles south of Dublin across the water was way above anorak level.
    We're not served very well there - no DAB and patchy FM - so a strong station (apart from Manx Radio) on AM with a great music selection was brilliant with all the outside work I was doing and the nearest neighbour being over a mile away no one to complain about the MW radio following me around !
    Cheers all .

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    A big thanks to Energy (all over Dublin) on 1395 khz over the week end .
    Reception all day on Saturday 108 miles south of Dublin across the water was way above anorak level.
    We're not served very well there - no DAB and patchy FM - so a strong station (apart from Manx Radio) on AM with a great music selection was brilliant with all the outside work I was doing and the nearest neighbour being over a mile away no one to complain about the MW radio following me around !
    Cheers all .

Thanks oscar.we were running 500watts this weekend ,Gave you a mention around 315pm.As you may have guessed we will be doing some tests on 1350 khz when ulster switch off 1341khz.I have also heard the announcments going out on wales 882khz about turn off of Penmon tx up in north wales.can still hear the main transmitter from wWashford underneath.Will be interseting to see what 882 khz is like in Dublin when Penmon switches off,Just another note from Wales 990 khz 5 live gets in quite well here as well

The 1341khz announcement is also very strong here -- I'm missing Ulster as one I used to drop in to now and then.

Thanks for the mention although I missed it -- the radio didn't follow me everywhere !
    Maybe a new era coming regarding radio on MW this side of the UK .

Stay health .

• Advertisement

Thanks oscar.we were running 500watts this weekend ,Gave you a mention around 315pm.As you may have guessed we will be doing some tests on 1350 khz when ulster switch off 1341khz.I have also heard the announcments going out on wales 882khz about turn off of Penmon tx up in north wales.can still hear the main transmitter from wWashford underneath.Will be interseting to see what 882 khz is like in Dublin when Penmon switches off,Just another note from Wales 990 khz 5 live gets in quite well here as well

I briefly did a scan on the car radio near Termonfeckin, Co. Louth, today. What was of particular interest to me is what I found on Medium Wave. Firstly, I heard the looped closedown announcement on 1341 khz for Radio Ulster. Secondly, I tuned into 1395 khz, which I have saved on my radio, to see if I could hear Energy that far up north-east. Initially, I thought I was barely picking it up (I could hear it if the volume was up high), but then I heard a presenter that did not sound like Paul Murray. It sounded more like an English presenter and he was not mentioning requests from Dublin and he was talking about more than music. Also, the music mix was a bit different. Any ideas what that station could be?

1341 Ulster in the daytime was always very weak down here in Arklow
    Listenable at night
    It remains the only Irish BBC signal tv or radio possible

Daytime AM is now a lot quieter but plenty there still
    1368 Manx radio still blasts in thankfully
    I'm also able to hear Gold UK on 1458 from Manchester, its weak but impressively getting through
    Of the weak ones :
    Something else on 1566 playing pop music
    I can hear the BBC Wales closedown loop from clwyd on 657
    Bbc Devon on 801khz listenable
    Something Scottish on 810
    Bbc Cumbria on 837 very listenable
    Bbc Lancashire close loop on 855
    Greatest hits radio south Wales 1170 weak
    Absolute radio 1260 very weak
    XL radio Birmingham (hindi) 1296 (wow) very weak

Haven't scanned Am in years like this
    I've rediscovered now Absolute radio,the old virgin radio on 1215am which is blasting in here-Is that from the same site as bbc Wales on 882?
    Bbc Wales would be stronger

909 and 990 are powerful too for 5Live presumably Wales too?
    909 is weaker
    Anyhow,this is how I've wasted a half hour in a carpark,being told to drive home now :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BBC Radio 5 on 990 is from Tywyn in West Wales. Very good signal on the east coast of Ireland given the lack of other transmitters on 990 as you have with 693/909

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I was on Garryvoe beach in East Cork yesterday. I could have been in Torquay or Newquay, such was the strength of all the BBC national and local stations powering in on FM. MW stations perfect as well, combination of being on the coast and the high pressure weather I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Medium wave DXers around Dublin should try listening for Clatterbridge Hospital radio on 1386khz from the Wirral.
    I could receive it weakly on a loop in the garden a couple of years ago during daytime groundwave.
    I'm in Balbriggan, about a half a km inland. There's been too much man-made noise whenever I've tried recently, but I really should try at the beach itself.

Remarkable coverage from UK stations in Cork Harbour again tonight, and France too.

Left out the slim pickings from Ireland available at the time.

88.1 - BBC R2 - North Hessary Tor - 160kW
    88.4 - BBC R2 - Carmel - 3kW
    88.7 - BBC R2 - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: BBC R2)
    88.9 - BBC R2 - Llangollen - 16kW
    89.1 - BBC R2 - Llandridnod Wells - 2.8kW
    89.3 - BBC R2 - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: BBC R2)
    89.4 - Musique - Brest - 170kW (RDS: MUSIQUE)
    89.5 - BBC R2 - Kilvey Hill/Swansea - 926W
    89.7 - BBC R2 - Redruth - 17.6kW
    89.8 - BBC R2 - Llanddona - 21kW
    89.9 - BBC R2 - Wenvoe - 250kW (RDS: BBC R2)
    90.1 - BBC R2 - Llandyfriog - 88W (as 104.4)
    90.3 - BBC R3 - North Hessary Tor - 160kW
    90.9 - BBC R3 - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: BBC R3)
    91.0 - BBC R3 - Bodmin - 200W
    91.1 - BBC Radio Wales - Llangollen - 16kW
    91.5 - BBC R3 - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: BBC R3)
    91.7 - BBC R3 - Kilvey Hill/Swansea - 926W
    91.9 - BBC R3 - Redruth - 17.8kW
    92.0 - BBC R3 - Llanddona - 21kW
    92.1 - BBC R3 - Wenvoe - 250kW (RDS: BBC R3)
    92.5 - BBC R4 - North Hessary Tor - 160kW
    92.8 - BBC R4 - Carmel - 3kW
    93.0 - BLEUDROM - Brest - 160kW (RDS: BLEUDROM)
    93.1 - BBC Radio Cymru - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: BBCCymru)
    93.2 - BBC R4 - Bodmin - 200W
    93.3 - BBC R4 - Llangollen - 16kW
    93.7 - BBC Radio Cymru - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: BBCCymru)
    93.9 - BBC Radio Wales - Kilvey Hill - 926W
    94.1 - BBC R4 - Redruth - 17.6kW
    94.3 - BBC R4 - Wenvoe - 250kW (RDS: BBC R4)
    94.6 - BBC R4 - Kilvey Hill - 926W
    95.0 - unidentified
    95.3 - BBC Radio Wales - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: BBCWales)
    95.4 - France Inter - Brest - 13kW
    95.5 - BBC Radio Somerset - Mendip - 5kW
    95.9 - BBC Radio Wales - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: BBCWales)
    96.2 - Heart South West - Huntshaw Cross - 2.5kW
    96.5 - unidentified
    96.9 - unidentified
    97.1 - Radio Carmarthenshire - Carmel - 3kW (RDS: R. Carms)
    97.7 - BBC Radio 1 - North Hessary Tor - 160kW
    98.3 - BBC Radio 1 - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: Radio 1)
    98.5 - BBC Radio 1 - Llangollen - 16kW
    98.9 - BBC Radio 1 - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: Radio 1)
    99.3 - BBC Radio 1 - Redruth - 17.8kW
    99.5 - BBC Radio 1 - Wenvoe - 250kW (RDS: Radio 1)
    100.5 - Classic FM - Preseli - 7kW
    101.1 - Classic FM - Blaenplwyf - 10kW
    101.3 - Classic FM - Kilvey Hill - 1kW
    101.7 - Classic FM - Wenvoe - 250kW (RDS: Classic)
    102.5 - Radio Pembrokeshire - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: R. Pembs)
    102.9 - Nation Radio Wales - Carmel - 3.2kW
    103.1 - unid (not iRadio/Heart/Beat) - playing Top 40 music
    103.4 - BBC Radio Devon - North Hessary Tor - 15kW (RDS: BBCDevon)
    103.6 - BBC Radio 4 - Llanddona - 21kW
    103.7 - BBC Radio 4 - Mynydd Pencarreg - 400W
    103.8 - BBC Radio Solent - Bincombe Hill - 700W
    103.9 - BBC Radio Wales - Wenvoe - 40kW
    104.0 - BBC Radio Wales - Blaenplwyf - 250kW (RDS: BBC R4)
    104.2 - BBC Radio Cymru - Kilvey Hill - 926W
    104.3 - BBC Radio Cymru - Llangollen - 16kW
    104.4 - BBC Radio 4 - Llandyfriog - 88W
    104.7 - Europe 1 - Brest - 3kW
    104.9 - BBC Radio 4 - Haverfordwest - 20kW (RDS: BBC R4)
    105.4 - Heart South Wales - St Hilery - 5kW (RDS: Heart)
    105.5 - France Info - Brest - 3kW
    105.7 - Heart South Wales - Preseli - 9.4kW
    105.9 - unid
    106.0 - Heart South Wales - Kilvey Hill - 1kW
    106.2 - Heart South Wales - Fishguard - 500W
    106.3 - Bridge FM - Bridgend - 500W
    106.6 - Radio Classique - Brest - 2.4kW
    106.8 - Nation Radio Wales - Wenvoe - 4.54kW
    107.1 - Nation Radio Wales - Preseli - 2.5kW
    107.3 - Nation Radio Wales - Kilvey Hill - 1.25kW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Jumbles of Italian stations fading in and out stuff coming through due to Sporadic-E across the FM band now. Try the usually empty spaces on the band on a car radio. Also heard German on 87.9 (could have been from Switzerland or Austria, being near Italy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Sp-E FM reception conditions I posted about earlier seems to be now all gone.
    Secondly, I tuned into 1395 khz, which I have saved on my radio, to see if I could hear Energy that far up north-east. Initially, I thought I was barely picking it up (I could hear it if the volume was up high), but then I heard a presenter that did not sound like Paul Murray. It sounded more like an English presenter and he was not mentioning requests from Dublin and he was talking about more than music. Also, the music mix was a bit different. Any ideas what that station could be?

You heard this at night time I presume??
    Probably Radio Seabreeze from the Netherlands?

They do have one or two English presenters
    https://radioseabreeze.nl/

Sometimes this station has been relatively easy to hear at night in Ireland on 1395, other times not so (maybe they were running differing power?).

Antenna wrote: »

You heard this at night time I presume??
    Probably Radio Seabreeze from the Netherlands?

They do have one or two English presenters
    https://radioseabreeze.nl/

Sometimes this station has been relatively easy to hear at night in Ireland on 1395, other times not so (maybe they were running differing power?).

It was Sunday afternoon. As I said, I would not have picked it up at all only for the fact that I have 1395kh saved on the car radio - weak signal.

• Advertisement

Antenna wrote: »

Seems to be back now but Spanish stations this time.

Edit: strong German signal on 90.2. Must be across Europe.

Advertisement