Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Would 104.8 and 104.8 not be causing an issue with each other in parts of Westmeath or are these covered by 105 or 106.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

iRadio 104.7 back on this morning. Maybe this was just off for a few days and people were able to recieve another relay from 104.8?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Since midnight, Paul Wilson has been doing what he hopes will be a 48-hour broadcast on Easy Radio to raise funds for Temple Street Children's Hospital. It is on 105.2 and also relayed on 94.3. Both have been coming in very strong on the south side and the south inner city - just happened I had to drive that way last night after midnight.

In the case of 94.3, the RDS information tells you more than on Easy Radio's own 105.2. It says "Temple Street Hospital Marathon Broadcast" and "Paul Wilson". Paul announced both frequencies.

It's actually a while since 105.2 and 94.3 have been together like that. Presumably, Retro Radio from 92.0 will not be relayed this weekend on 94.3.

Incidentally, earlier yesterday evening, I picked up Inner City Country on 96.0 as I drove in the direction of Rathgar from Churchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

has any further information come to light on the UNID mentioned on 94.1 a bit back in the thread?
    presumably it's the same outfit from a bit back?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭KildareP

JDxtra wrote: »
    iRadio 104.7 back on this morning. Maybe this was just off for a few days and people were able to recieve another relay from 104.8?

Possibly was receiving the Cavan 104.8 transmission, I would have thought this to have been too far away, but then Beat comes in quite clearly from Mount Leinster on 102.0 so not impossible I suppose.

Has it got the same audio issues as before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Fair play to Paul Wilson and easy radio for their marathon broadcast in aid of Temple Street Hospital for Children, always great to see radio doing good. Hope lots of anoraks will support the venture.

KildareP wrote: »
    Has it got the same audio issues as before?

Can't hear any issues - here's a short (unmodified) recording of the demodulated audio from 104.7.

https://we.tl/t-op2f5F3yur

q2QMqc8.jpg

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Fair play to Paul Wilson and easy radio for their marathon broadcast in aid of Temple Street Hospital for Children, always great to see radio doing good. Hope lots of anoraks will support the venture.

The last time I checked earlier on this evening, it was being relayed by Retro FM on 92.0, as well as on 94.3 and 105.2. So, hopefully, over the next day or so, he will have secured a good lot of donations. Presumably, it has been tuned into in the hospital as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Anyone know the name of the station on 88.0 FM?
    Carlow/Kildare area, Came across it earlier on my travels, It lasted a long time on the M9 playing country music, No RDS & no jingles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Disappointing that the station on 102.5fm is still there. Really poor form with retro already there. I taught maybe they didn't know what they where doing but clearly they do.
    Hopefully someone takes action in Dublin and jams it till they move.

• Advertisement

from what i can gather retro now have moved to 93.2 so they should be free of kiss now hopefully.

I briefly heard Easy Radio (105.2 FM) being relayed this morning on 1395 kh, home of Energy Power AM. Energy Power had their own live programming yesterday which was also replayed/streamed on 99.5 FM. As per yesterday, Easy was also being relayed this morning on 94.3 with the RDS Information "Temple Street Hospital Marathon Broadcast - Paul Wilson". Retro FM was off air on 92.0 but no doubt is on this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Anyone know the name of the station on 88.0 FM?
    Carlow/Kildare area, Came across it earlier on my travels, It lasted a long time on the M9 playing country music, No RDS & no jingles.

Redrock maybe?

I briefly heard Easy Radio (105.2 FM) being relayed this morning on 1395 kh, home of Energy Power AM. Energy Power had their own live programming yesterday which was also replayed/streamed on 99.5 FM. As per yesterday, Easy was also being relayed this morning on 94.3 with the RDS Information "Temple Street Hospital Marathon Broadcast - Paul Wilson". Retro FM was off air on 92.0 but no doubt is on this afternoon.

Later on around lunchtime, Energy Power AM seemed to be off air and Retro FM were doing their own programming. I can't keep up with all these changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

Pirate FM 88.1 is off air.

To all the FK haters, Hot FM’s r&b stream seems to have disappeared
    Unfortunately, both of the Inner City stations’ (Gold / Country) are also inactive, same with The Vault and The Beach

To all the FK haters, Hot FM’s r&b stream seems to have disappeared
    Unfortunately, both of the Inner City stations’ (Gold / Country) are also inactive, same with The Vault and The Beach

In general, I get the impression that Hot FM just doesn't have the same momentum that it had even when compared to last year. Those spin off streaming stations were never going to take off to be honest.

JDxtra wrote: »
    In general, I get the impression that Hot FM just doesn't have the same momentum that it had even when compared to last year. Those spin off streaming stations were never going to take off to be honest.

Yeah 100%

the hot fm spin off streams went a good bit back but not sure when, the vault and the beach streams haven't worked for a while either
    the inner city stations are working, their host has implemented https streaming now so http:// won't work any more.

the hot fm spin off streams went a good bit back but not sure when, the vault and the beach streams haven't worked for a while either
    the inner city stations are working, their host has implemented https streaming now so http:// won't work any more.

Hot FM Rock still works in-app anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Pirate FM and the 90s Network are both off today,
    Chill/Hot/Unid 94.1/Kiss/Club all on air.

Yes the Unid on 94.1 has returned. ...

Bandscan near Dublin City centre - RetroNow not receivable in this location.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Club FM just announced the below on their Facebook page.

'Our FM service will cease temporally as we carry out upgrades and maintenance at our existing transmission sites. You can continue to get your Club FM fix on the tune in radio player or just ask alexa to play Club FM on the tune in radio player. Thank you for the ongoing support'

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Easy radio Press Statement. 29/06/20

Easy Radio Listeners make it Easy to reach target for Temple Street.

Over the weekend of the 27th and 28th of June, Easy Radio launched a mammoth fundraiser in aid of Temple Street Children’s hospital. Easy Radio presenter Paul Wilson took to the studio’s to broadcast nonstop from 12 midnight on Friday and finishing up at 12 midnight Sunday night.
    The target, to raise 1000 Euro for Temple Street children’s hospital.
    Paul took to the air at midnight after prepping himself with a good nap and an even better takeaway. Donations started slow during the night but as the day began, the donations started to come in. Donating was simple, as there was a donate button on the Easy Radio facebook page. The weekend rolled on with Paul playing Dublin’s favourite easy listening songs and the donations coming in. As Paul’s voice started to get sore and he had just finished his 50th cup of coffee, the target was reached. 1000 euro and it was only 4:30 in the afternoon. Paul stuck with it for the remainder of the evening and at the 12 midnight on Sunday the donations from the generous listeners had hit 1120 euro. He had done it. 48 hours nonstop by a single presenter. Overwhelming was the word Paul used. He had well earned a much deserved sleep. When he woke up on Monday (in the PM) his inbox was full of messages from people who still wanted to donate. Paul had no choice but to leave the donate link open until Friday if anybody else wants to support this worthy cause. Just search for EasyRadio Lovesongs on Facebook and the donate link is on the page.
    Paul and the management team at Easy Radio would like to thank all their listeners for the kind donations and support over the weekend.
    To quote Paul “it was worth every minute”.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

paulwilson wrote: »
    Easy radio Press Statement. 29/06/20

Easy Radio Listeners make it Easy to reach target for Temple Street.

Over the weekend of the 27th and 28th of June, Easy Radio launched a mammoth fundraiser in aid of Temple Street Children’s hospital. Easy Radio presenter Paul Wilson took to the studio’s to broadcast nonstop from 12 midnight on Friday and finishing up at 12 midnight Sunday night.
    The target, to raise 1000 Euro for Temple Street children’s hospital.
    Paul took to the air at midnight after prepping himself with a good nap and an even better takeaway. Donations started slow during the night but as the day began, the donations started to come in. Donating was simple, as there was a donate button on the Easy Radio facebook page. The weekend rolled on with Paul playing Dublin’s favourite easy listening songs and the donations coming in. As Paul’s voice started to get sore and he had just finished his 50th cup of coffee, the target was reached. 1000 euro and it was only 4:30 in the afternoon. Paul stuck with it for the remainder of the evening and at the 12 midnight on Sunday the donations from the generous listeners had hit 1120 euro. He had done it. 48 hours nonstop by a single presenter. Overwhelming was the word Paul used. He had well earned a much deserved sleep. When he woke up on Monday (in the PM) his inbox was full of messages from people who still wanted to donate. Paul had no choice but to leave the donate link open until Friday if anybody else wants to support this worthy cause. Just search for EasyRadio Lovesongs on Facebook and the donate link is on the page.
    Paul and the management team at Easy Radio would like to thank all their listeners for the kind donations and support over the weekend.
    To quote Paul “it was worth every minute”.

Well done Paul!

Without saying too much, it might be a good idea for pirates all over the country to keep a low profile or even go off air for a while over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

Without saying too much, it might be a good idea for pirates all over the country to keep a low profile or even go off air for a while over the next few weeks

Pirate and Club both off tonight, Alot of low power operators around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Very little pirate radio activity on in Dublin today, this is all I could get on a car scan in Liffey Valley

87.6 Pride20 (Chill FM)
    91.0 Hot FM
    102.5 Kiss FM
    105.7 Disco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Pirate and Club both off tonight, Alot of low power operators around at the moment.
    Club day they are carrying out maintenance at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

Heard the same from a another source yesterday. Pirates deffo need to lay low over the next 4 weeks nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

You can continue to get your Club FM fix on the tune in radio player or just ask alexa to play Club FM on the tune in radio player. Thank you for the ongoing support'

I wish Phever could be played like that on Alexa.

"Alexa play Phever on tune in" ....... "I can't find"
    "Alexa play Fever I R L on tune in" ....... "I can't find"
    "Alexa play Fee Ver Earl on tune in" ....... "I can't find"
    "screw it, Alexa, play 80s Synth Pop on spotify"... "OK" :D

Advertisement