Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Page Redesign

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

NeVeR wrote: »
    I've not read the 18 pages of comments..

Has anyone from the dev/design team replied ? .. Are they going to go back to the normal one ? .. it was way better.

Danny has given a comprehensive run through and answered questions about the design. We will not be rolling it back to the old one.

Ok folks, I think this thread is starting to reach the end of its purpose, valid feedback is getting somewhat drowned out.

This is a heads up that I'm going to lock this thread shortly and start a new one for feedback-we have some updates to push today which implement some of the (many) suggestions we have received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It's nice to see that you are willing to try something new, But i have to admit that i much prefer the old layout.

I liked seeing all the new posts etc on one page, not scattered over 3 or 4. I'm hoping you will revert to the old or a layout similar to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Danny has given a comprehensive run through and answered questions about the design. We will not be rolling it back to the old one.

Ok folks, I think this thread is starting to reach the end of its purpose, valid feedback is getting somewhat drowned out.

This is a heads up that I'm going to lock this thread shortly and start a new one for feedback-we have some updates to push today which implement some of the (many) suggestions we have received.

I understand that it must be unpleasant to receive so much criticism for something you all worked so hard on but I don't think anyone is doing it out of malice. The overwhelming sentiment on this thread has been that most people simply find the old homepage better. Is that not valid feedback? I like boards and I don't want the boards redesign to be like the gawker one which turned a site I used to visit all the time into one I rarely do. Please do not ignore the criticism.

And I know you linked to this post to explain why the UI has had to change but I've read it a few times and all I can take from it is that vBulletin is going and had to be replaced. I just don't understand why this means the replacement has to be slow to load and difficult to follow, with less information than was previously there. I'm not against change just against disimprovement.

I really don't want to insult anyone or their work I just want to be able to continue visiting boards.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What was the point of this thread if you're going to just close it when people don't agree that the new layout is 'lovely' and 'much better'

The fact is, the majority don't like it, and don't want it. But because you don't like that, you're closing the thread?

Baffled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

would a poll on the layout not be more directive of how many people are for and against the new layout,

find out if there is a significant problem first and foremost with actual numbers on current users not using the new layout,

personally i thought i'd adapt after getting used to it, but im sorry to say i avoid the main page now and go straight to whatever threads/forums i use,

i miss finding random interesting threads in random forums id normally not post in! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Tallon wrote: »
    The fact is, the majority don't like it, and don't want it. But because you don't like that, you're closing the thread?
    And on that piece of quality feedback, Home Page Redesign Part I is closing.

Oh, in case any one else missed it:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Tallon wrote: »
    What was the point of this thread if you're going to just close it when people don't agree that the new layout is 'lovely' and 'much better'

Baffled

Tallon, I'm not closing it because of the disagreement.

I'm going to close this one and open new one so that we can continue the feedback, like I said we're pushing new updates today so it will be much easier to have a new thread with all the updates explained so we can continue to get feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement