Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mighty Anomalocaris

Options
  • 25-04-2013 4:02am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you were swimming in the seas in the Cambrian period (540 million years ago - a while back) you would not have wanted to come across one of these bad guys.:eek:

06.30d_Anomalocaris.jpg

These were the Anomalocaris, the first great predator on the planet, a type of proto-arthropod that is now long extinct

...thankfully, you say.:pac::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I give you two words -

Anomalocaris Thermidor.

YUM!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Anomalocaris Thermidor? It's a no-no for me though as I'm allergic to seafood. Tuna as a substitute meat? I doubt it...I'd say lobster or prawn would be closer.

Anomalocaris is kind of cute in a strange way, with its double snout that it used to grab its pray and its huge protruding bug eyes.

All in all a weird and wonderful creature!:cool: Maybe geneticists could try to bring one back to life?

Advertisement