Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Roller Derby Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

I would defo be interested in watching a bout, as would the rest of the Cyclones .. You know us, always willing to go to a Derby anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

diddlybit wrote: »
    Epic bouts, especially on the first day. Windy v London was derby at a level I've never seen before. Just sad now that it's all over.

Haha! Only one way to sort that! More Irish bouts need to be organised!
    binncheol wrote:
    I organised a bout viewing in a pub in Dublin a few weeks ago for DRD. I'm happy to organise another if people are interested (:

Aw, I missed that! That would be great! Great chance to meet up with other Derby chicks other than my team (even though I love my team!)

Also, our blood drive last night: of the 12 or so of us who showed up only four of us qualified to give blood! Do the IBTS want blood at all I wonder!! :mad:</offtopic>

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

By the way, just so you all know, Dublin have a double header against Sheffield on Saturday - follow @DRDscores for live updates (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

DRD for the win! Both teams!

binncheol wrote: »
    By the way, just so you all know, Dublin have a double header against Sheffield on Saturday - follow @DRDscores for live updates (:

DRD are off to Sheffield for this n'est pas? Any whiff of RDTVUK streaming this bout? :D </hopelessly optimistic> ;)

• Advertisement

DRD are off to Sheffield for this n'est pas? Any whiff of RDTVUK streaming this bout? :D </hopelessly optimistic> ;)

No RDUK.TV at this I'm afraid :( But I'll tweet the first game so well you'll almost be able to see it!

No RDUK.TV at this I'm afraid :( But I'll tweet the first game so well you'll almost be able to see it!

Ah well, next time!

I have no doubt! :D Can't wait! But don't forget to enjoy yourself too :cool: Send my best wishes to all the girls over there for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Anyone watching the Skate Odyssey tournament online?
    I caught a bit of it today while procrastinating - Crime City Rollers beaten by Tiger Bay - some great derby though!

froodie wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Skate Odyssey tournament online?
    I caught a bit of it today while procrastinating - Crime City Rollers beaten by Tiger Bay - some great derby though!

No god damn it! I keep missing these things... to be fair to myself it was a busy old weekend but still...

What I need is a Derby, watch sized, ticker tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Omgz Derby on boards.ie :o

Anyone thinking of going to Gent bootcamp this year?

• Advertisement

Hvae they announced the details yet? I heard rumour for August...

Omgz Derby on boards.ie :o

Anyone thinking of going to Gent bootcamp this year?

Well I am now that I know it exists! Has anyone been to any of theirs before?

Also, anyone heading up to Belfast this weekend for the Saturday bout?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I am heading up... taking my other half for first roller derby experience!

So glad I dont have to try and explain minors now!

Well I, of course, got cut off at the knees financially this month. So now I can't go! :(

I'm expecting a full multi media report from the boardsies! Including photos and what not!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Hvae they announced the details yet? I heard rumour for August...

Not announced yet :( they obviously work in conjunction with Ryanair!

Well I am now that I know it exists! Has anyone been to any of theirs before?

One of the skaters from DRD have been and said it was amazing, that for the amount of money you pay vs track time, it's amazing

Oooh sounds Super, I'm sure I wont be able to go :eek:

Ladies I also cant make Belfast this weekend .. to play OR watch :(:(:(:(:(
    Ferry Ferry upset.

agreeing with perverted coffee, would love some updates :rolleyes:

Looks like we'll be able to watch the action live here! Yay! :D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/omegadigital

I missed it again, my real life is conspiring with my Derby Life

How were the Belfast rookie bouts?! Anyone go up to watch them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 GCSD

Our Freshmeat Beginners' COurse is starting Wed 5th June at 8pm in the GAA hall on Dr Mannix ROad in Salthill. https://www.facebook.com/events/170729153095082/170743699760294/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GCSD

https://www.facebook.com/events/170729153095082/170743699760294/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

If you're thinking of joining in Galway, we have a beginners' course starting on Wed 5th June at 8pm in the GAA hall on Dr Mannix Road, Salthill.

Just so you all know, Dublin are playing against Leeds on Saturday (in Leeds, unfortunately) - but hopefully there'll be updates on twitter via Leeds Roller Dolls (https://twitter.com/LeedsRollerDoll)

(:

Also, potential new league in West Meath (:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477974782280978/

Exciting, so many new leagues popping up around the country! (:

Guys,

The Cyclones are looking for halls for our first bout - Yaaaaaay at last

Shoreline beside us ate booked out every Saturday
    Sooooooo any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Had my first session tonight. I'm a pretty weak skater and my ass is so sore from falling on it I'm considering buying padded shorts but it was seriously fun. Really enjoyed it, can't wait for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hey so picking up some outdoor wheels tomorrow and wristguards (been borrowing them the last two weeks but need to get my own). I'm guessing they'll be able to recommend what to get as a beginner in the shop but just wondering are there any brands to steer clear of? Any you recommend (that don't cost a small fortune)? Also currently skating on R3s and was wondering should I change the toe stops? It will be a long long long time before I get new skates but was thinking if I am used to the flat ones and then get a skate with round toe stops it could cause trouble with adjusting? If I should change them any recommendations what to?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

see that the Roller Derby might get their own forum instead of being in extreme sports. great news.

we can try to answer as many gear related questions on here as possible anyway, and your always free to ring us or email us anytime too.

lots of new skates in , wheels, stops and bearings also. new package builders online also.

• Advertisement

Did y'all hear ...

Cyclone v's Viqueens
    Saturday July 27th
    Shoreline Leisure Centre.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited :eek:

Are ye coming ?
    Are ye
    Are ye
    Are ye

Advertisement